Disappointment of Lafferty and Morelos.

What a difference a few days make to some people’s opinion. A thread on here earlier had us comparing Morelos with Jelavic, now it’s Morelos for Shankland for some.

Thank fck I drink, or I’d be driven to it.

What a difference a few days make to some people’s opinion. A thread on here earlier had us comparing Morelos with Jelavic, now it’s Morelos for Shankland for some.

Thank fck I drink, or I’d be driven to it.
Stuart some compare him to Suarez, although I think that's more about temperament

That`s easy! We`ve never played a 4-4-2, so they`ve never played as a front pairing. Even if they did play together up top, good striking partnerships take time to gel, but knowing FF, if they weren't scoring for fun after a couple of games, it would be deemed a failure.

That`s easy! We`ve never played a 4-4-2, so they`ve never played as a front pairing. Even if they did play together up top, good striking partnerships take time to gel, but knowing FF, if they weren't scoring for fun after a couple of games, it would be deemed a failure.
As posted earlier. They have paired together.

Ok. Mixed message. I apologise.

Was busy trying to enlighten another guy(bluebearjim) who believes we should get rid of Morelos for ,,, ahem ,, Shankland. Not criticising young Lawrence but if Morelos is to be replaced it’s sure as fck not with him!

Saying Morelos needs replaced because of too many yellow cards is ridiculous. He gives us more than he costs us. Fact. He's young and the coaching team and manager will be working on it. Young players have stuff to learn and mistakes they make. Any clown saying we should replace him with shankland is ludacris

He becomes a liability if he spends as much time in the stand due to suspension than he does on the park , we're not there yet but he really needs to screw the nut .
He's only had one red card!

Put the drink down, go to bed and in the morning you can pretend you didn't post such absolute nonsense.

Saying Morelos needs replaced because of too many yellow cards is ridiculous. He gives us more than he costs us. Fact. He's young and the coaching team and manager will be working on it. Young players have stuff to learn and mistakes they make. Any clown saying we should replace him with shankland is ludacris
I agree. I’ll take a couple of cards and a few suspensions if it continues to bring the goals.

If we want him getting in about defenders he is bound to get cards. When(not if) he tempers the aggressiveness in his play.... what a striker we will have!!!!

I now refuse to name said Ayr Utd player in the same breath as him. That is respect for Morelos, not disrespect for Ayr Utd player.

They have NEVER started a game as a front two in a 4-4-2 formation. Lafferty played on the left of a three with Morelos in the middle and that is not a pairing.
That's not the point I was necessary making.
I thought they would still make good connections in their play going forward no matter their position.

That's not the point I was necessary making.
I thought they would still make good connections in their play going forward no matter their position.
It`s difficult to play well together when one of them is playing out of position and that wasn`t Lafferty`s fault.

Anyone thinking Alfredo Morelos has been in any way “ disappointing “ is , officially , a mentalist .

Watch how we get on without him these next two games . We will struggle big time .

Lafferty isn’t in his league .

Anyone thinking Alfredo Morelos has been in any way “ disappointing “ is , officially , a mentalist .

Watch how we get on without him these next two games . We will struggle big time .

Missing the point mate.
We are talking about the 2 of them playing together and creating a strength to over power defences:rolleyes:

I agree. I’ll take a couple of cards and a few suspensions if it continues to bring the goals.

If we want him getting in about defenders he is bound to get cards. When(not if) he tempers the aggressiveness in his play.... what a striker we will have!!!!

I now refuse to name said Ayr Utd player in the same breath as him. That is respect for Morelos, not disrespect for Ayr Utd player.

Exactly. It takes time to get something right. Example... A team could leak too many goals one season. The next season the new manager comes in and they become solid but they aren't scoring anymore, youve built the solidarity but you now have to find a balance with creativity.

That example can be related to Morelos. The manager comes in and tells a player/players to be more aggressive, they do and do a great job of it, and it helps the team improve, but it comes with cards. They then have to find a balance where the cards stop being so frequent.

The point I'm making is everything is a work in progress. Give the boy a break. Give the manager a break. Remember the state we were in. Things take time. We are working towards Morelos and the rest of the team progressing but instead of letting the progress continue some muppet states we should ditch him during his obvious period of progress, forget all the positive improvements he has made, hammer him about the one negative he has and swap him for Lawrence shankland.

Ffs.....

Fkn bang on mate. If you were to ask every SPL manager if they could choose any striker from the SPL (and Championship, for the Shankland fans), I’d bet our wee angry buffalo would be at the top of the list.

He must be worth £50m of those Dembele dollars.

There is more to come from him, which quite frankly, has me rubbing my...ahem... hands with anticipation!!

Naismith would have been a far better option than Lafferty but we couldn't cope with the baggage or trouble that would bring.

Back