Disappointment of Lafferty and Morelos.

Sir Zico

Why the hell does this partnership not work. I thought they would be a great pairing.
It's not as if they are similar players.
It's the biggest disappointment for me so far.
Should it be given more time to get it working?

They've never had a run playing together, we seem set on 4-3-3 which only allows one to play up top.

I actually like Morelos up front himself.

We were doing fine with Morelos up top on his own, so not really.
Yep Morelos is effective on his own too but when we seen the form Lafferty was on at hearts I thought the two of them would be too strong for most defences.

Can't defend Morelos any more. He is petulant beyond belief and has become a liability. Much as he's loved he continues to let the supporters down. I'd sell him if a decent offer came in, however with his rack record in respect of his discipline that is unlikely.
In all honesty I think big Laffs is over-rated. He's a fan but sadly not Rangers class in my opinion.
Need to be buying a couple of strikers in transfer window. Shankland has been mentioned on here before, wont cost the earth and knows where the goal is albeit at a lower level. I'm sure Stevie-G, scouts and Coaching staff have been on the lookout for potential replacements.

Am I imagining that they played really well against Motherwell at fir park? And if not for a freak goal and some shoddy defending we would’ve won comfortably
We played some good stuff going forward in the first half.

Frightening how many people thought Kyle Lafferty was good enough for us and are now in suprise.

He scored 10 goals in the league last year. Greg Stewarts a couple off that and its the start of December. And hes pish.

Can't defend Morelos any more. He is petulant beyond belief and has become a liability. Much as he's loved he continues to let the supporters down. I'd sell him if a decent offer came in, however with his rack record in respect of his discipline that is unlikely.
In all honesty I think big Laffs is over-rated. He's a fan but sadly not Rangers class in my opinion.
Need to be buying a couple of strikers in transfer window. Shankland has been mentioned on here before, wont cost the earth and knows where the goal is albeit at a lower level. I'm sure Stevie-G, scouts and Coaching staff have been on the lookout for potential replacements.

You’d sell Morelos and bring in Shankland? Shut this place down!

Am I imagining that they played really well against Motherwell at fir park? And if not for a freak goal and some shoddy defending we would’ve won comfortably

First half we played well, 2nd we resorted to their style, bypassed midfield, went long at every opportunity, surrendered possession... we brought on Middleton and continually lamped the ball in any direction we were facing.

Some of our play, including two goals in the 1st half, was some of the best play we've seen all season.

Goldson slips, McGregor caught well of his line and we fail to deal with two crossed balls into our box that end up in our net. The first goal you can excuse, the other two have continued to happen all season.

Morelos out Shankland in:eek::eek:

I can understand how you feel.The wee man infuriates and frustrates most of us but what can we do for now?
As for selling him, no one is going to buy him with his present conduct.
I suppose we are all hoping he matures and gets his act together, he is actually his own worst enemy.

At least wait till we’re a bit closer to Christmas before hammering into the drink

First half we played well, 2nd we resorted to their style, bypassed midfield, went long at every opportunity, surrendered possession... we brought on Middleton and continually lamped the ball in any direction we were facing.

Some of our play, including two goals in the 1st half, was some of the best play we've seen all season.

Goldson slips, McGregor caught well of his line and we fail to deal with two crossed balls into our box that end up in our net. The first goal you can excuse, the other two have continued to happen all season.
Good description of that game, that's how I seen it as well.

What would you consider a decent fee for Morelos mate?

Just for clarity.

You believe Shankland is a better player than Morelos and Lafferty?

You need to take up a new hobby mate.

Morelos a liability?

Top Scorer in the league, our most sellable asset yet you class him as a liability?

Oh geez fekkin peace.

People need to remember it’s a long season. Lafferty, barring lengthy spell injured, will score a minimum of 15 goals.

The doubters feel free to bookmark this and you can call me a tadger at the end of the season if I’m wrong.

Morelos a liability?

Top Scorer in the league, our most sellable asset yet you class him as a liability?
He becomes a liability if he spends as much time in the stand due to suspension than he does on the park , we're not there yet but he really needs to screw the nut .

Frightening how many people thought Kyle Lafferty was good enough for us and are now in suprise.

He scored 10 goals in the league last year. Greg Stewarts a couple off that and its the start of December. And hes pish.
The problem with Lafferty is he is not consistent and his temperament is also questionable.He can put in great performances and some of his finishing are top drawer strikes, strikes that Morelos can't deliver.Though he doesn't have the work rate of Morelos.

Alfie must be giving the boss nightmares. He quite rightly defended him after the hearts game then morelos throws it all back in his face with that nonsense against the sheep. Hes a top player whos getting better every game. Problem is you never know whats coming next. Let the side down badly on weds

The problem with Lafferty is he is not consistent and his temperament is also questionable.He can put in great performances and some of his finishing are top drawer strikes, strikes that Morelos can't deliver.Though he doesn't have the work rate of Morelos.

Lafferty has ran himself into the ground in every appearance he’s made for Rangers this season, that’s not in question. Sometimes I think he’s actually trying too hard and it’s affected his natural game a bit.

Comfortably the top scorers in the league and averaging 2.5 goals per game. It's not going to happen every week. It doesn't for any striker / team, but on the whole I think we're doing ok up front.

Lafferty has ran himself into the ground in every appearance he’s made for Rangers this season, that’s not in question. Sometimes I think he’s actually trying too hard and it’s affected his natural game a bit.
You could be right mate.

You really don't want to win anything, do you?

I’d fucking kill myself if we replaced Morelos with Shankland. Jesus Christ man, learn the game.

Here's why;

Lafferty is the big tall lanky guy - but isn't a targetman
Morelos is the wee strong toughy - and is or less the targetman

So you knock it up and the big guy goes for it and fails to get it to the wee man.
You play it into the wee mans feet and Lafferty doesn't have link up in his lockers.

It's 1 or the other as their physical attributes don't match their expected style of football.

Im more disappointed that he was doing well discipline wise. Staying down on the ground, no back chatting, and walking away from confrontation. Jeez, he was even smiling!

He was starting to create a profile that was of benefit to all. Now it’s reset switch.

Still, it’s how he continues from this that really matters

Why the hell does this partnership not work. I thought they would be a great pairing.
It's not as if they are similar players.
It's the biggest disappointment for me so far.
Should it be given more time to get it working?

How when did you see it not working?
They've no played together
Another mad thread

Truth be told, Lafferty isn't very good.

He wasn't in his first spell and he hasn't improved since.

th

Biggest load of pish ever posted on here!

Back