Dissapointed but now down....

Coza

Like everyone else I was confident today. Confident we would give them a bloody nose and a statement of intent but there was the nagging reality that under Smith in nine in a row they came into many games on a high and we done a job on them repeatedly. There was always the chance their big game experience and mentality would see them over the line and sadly that was the case.

But and it is a big but. We took the lead twice and created enough chances to win the game DESPITE playing poor and management/personnel mistakes in my opinion. I get that feeling we are going to need to get 2 ahead of them in a game for certain players to relax and realise they can beat them and ultimately see it out.

We had our 4th and 5th choice centre halves on the pitch and neither looked remotely match fit. Both teams had injuries and will strengthen in places but I think stiffening up our backline with two from mccrorie, Bates and Martin is a massive upgrade. Also enables the team to press further forward as we aren’t sitting to cover Alves lack of pace. That helps the sitting two.

It was pish to see Goss follow up his poor game v Falkirk with another one. He’s obviously a good player but we have to realise how young and inexperienced he is. If we were to get him in summer he can only get better. A game like this clearly tempers the idea of blowing the bank for him. £1-1.5m max.

Same goes for Docherty. Felt like he needed to get that game out of his system. It’s a hard ask to put a young guy who is a big fan (possibly too up to play his game) and ask him to go a man less and compete with a midfield that have dominated the fixture. Again he can only get better and will be better for having an old firm start under his belt.

Morelos probably had his best game against them so far with his general play very good at times but still the finishing is a big concern. The manangement team need to work hard on ensuring the wee man continues to develop and doesn’t let one miss get to him.

I could actually go on all day. But I was properly gutted to lose that and especially when it fell in our favour and the players/management failed to grasp that chance. That all said the feeling of disappointment was a fucking huge leap forward from the earlier game this year where I felt despair that we were still years behind them.

We certainly won’t be starting at 9/2 when the bookies price up the semi final I don’t think.

It’s all about building blocks and the next one is to prove to certain players in that squad that we can now beat them having shown we can more than live with them. Let’s do it in the semi final and burst their double treble chat.

Last edited:
It was a 50/50 game and both teams struggled to control it. They took their chances and we never.

It really is as simple as that.

Exactly and we have the younger team that will get better so long as they don’t go into their shell now.

Exactly and we have the younger team that will get better so long as they don’t go into their shell now.

Another good transfer window and we’ll be competing next season.

Some of the criticism on here is way way way over the top. The only person, IMO, who deserves criticism is Morelos.

Like everyone else I was confident today. Confident we would give them a bloody nose and a statement of intent but there was the nagging reality that under Smith in nine in a row they came into many games on a high and we done a job on them repeatedly. There was always the chance their big game experience and mentality would see them over the line and sadly that was the case.

But and it is a big but. We took the lead twice and created enough chances to win the game DESPITE playing poor and management/personnel mistakes in my opinion. I get that feeling we are going to need to get 2 ahead of them in a game for certain players to relax and realise they can beat them and ultimately see it out.

We had our 4th and 5th choice centre halves on the pitch and neither looked remotely match fit. Both teams had injuries and will strengthen in places but I think stiffening up our backline with two from mccrorie, Bates and Martin is a massive upgrade. Also enables the team to press further forward as we aren’t sitting to cover Alves lack of pace. That helps the sitting two.

It was pish to see Goss follow up his poor game v Falkirk with another one. He’s obviously a good player but we have to realise how young and inexperienced he is. If we were to get him in summer he can only get better. A game like this clearly tempers the idea of blowing the bank for him. £1-1.5m max.

Same goes for Docherty. Felt like he needed to get that game out of his system. It’s a hard ask to put a young guy who is a big fan (possibly too up to play his game) and ask him to go a man less and compete with a midfield that have dominated the fixture. Again he can only get better and will be better for having an old firm start under his belt.

Morelos probably had his best game against them so far with his general play very good at times but still the finishing is a big concern. The manangement team need to work hard on ensuring the wee man continues to develop and doesn’t let one miss get to him.

I could actually go on all day. But I was properly gutted to lose that and especially when it fell in our favour and the players/management failed to grasp that chance. That all said the feeling of disappointment was a fucking huge leap forward from the earlier game this year where I felt despise that we were still years behind them.

We certainly won’t be starting at 9/2 when the bookies price up the semi final I don’t think.

It’s all about building blocks and the next one is to prove to certain players in that squad that we can now beat them having shown we can more than live with them. Let’s do it in the semi final and burst their double treble chat.

Rarely is there any positives to take from a defeat like this.
But if all you can see is negatives then you are down the tubes.
I agree, we have come on in leaps and bounds and today was a setback.

I wasn't on here shouting that today was going to be a certain win, and I wonder if those that were are now the ones filling the place with disgruntlement and slagging the management and playing staff off with malice.

These matches are always hard to predict and rarely go as people see them beforehand.

The important thing is the support stay behind the team and the manager.
We have to recognise the task in hand is huge, but we will get there, we are getting there, and that good things come to those prepared to wait.

Rarely is there any positives to take from a defeat like this.
But if all you can see is negatives then you are down the tubes.
I agree, we have come on in leaps and bounds and today was a setback.

I wasn't on here shouting that today was going to be a certain win, and I wonder if those that were are now the ones filling the place with disgruntlement and slagging the management and playing staff off with malice.

These matches are always hard to predict and rarely go as people see them beforehand.

The important thing is the support stay behind the team and the manager.
We have to recognise the task in hand is huge, but we will get there, we are getting there, and that good things come to those prepared to wait.

I was. I was sure of it.

But I knew that there was every chance we would have a job done on us by a more experienced team or we could freeze. At times it felt like both of those things happened.

It’s all about how we learn from it and make sure we don’t allow it to happen next time.

The gap isn’t that big at all
Going to 10 men suited them and fucked us up as they plugged all the space and we had to resort to hopeful crosses.

The gap isn’t that big at all
Going to 10 men suited them and fucked us up as they plugged all the space and we had to resort to hopeful crosses.

I’m not even sure there is a genuine gap now.

Since January we must be neck and neck points wise. And based on that game today it looked like one that could have gone either way.

There were always building block to get back to the top.

Since January we have added beating the rest more often than not and need to 100% keep that up. We have made many of these games routine which is a sea change from before and one aspect that better continue.

The next one was always going to be proving we can beat the tinks. That needs to happen before the end of the season. Hopefully twice.

Threw the game away due to the managers lack of experience to make big decisions.
His striker also missed sitters, however offered no support by Windass after his goal.

The manager can’t react and change things when a team over loads midfield to punish us for playing two wingers and a luxury like Windass. Scored a good goal but was missing whole game.

Hibs with Allen and McGinn and celtic midfield two won the battle and punished us for poor defending from Cardoso and Tavernier.

How many goals are we going to lose with midfield runners going through the middle and getting shots in unchallenged.

A more solid midfield 4 with Holt there until the 3 injuries clear with 1 wide player is what we should play against top teams with two up front.

We need to win midfield battle to win the game and Murty doesn’t seem to realise this.

Whilst I thought we could win I was never overly confident as I could see the defensive issues with our midfield (goal 1 especially). Against the poorer teams we haven't been punished but against better teams (Celtic and Hibs) we have.

The key, for me, is how does Murty react to this? I don't think we are good enough to shoehorn Windass into the team at 10 when we need an extra midfielder. I hope he doesn't but Murty seems to want to stick with this formation and personnel.

I'm absolutely fekin gutted.
Those peado scumbags were there for the taking today and we let them off the hook.
No excuses. We blew it.

I'm not long in from the game and I've got to admit I'm gutted, that trip home was quiet and sombre. I'm usually pretty upbeat about things. That may change once I get my head around today.

Agreed we're getting closer but I'm taking this pretty bad tbh.

Anyway I'll wake up tomorrow and will dust myself down and get on with it simply because I'm one of the people and that's the main thing.

Whilst I thought we could win I was never overly confident as I could see the defensive issues with our midfield (goal 1 especially). Against the poorer teams we haven't been punished but against better teams (Celtic and Hibs) we have.

The key, for me, is how does Murty react to this? I don't think we are good enough to shoehorn Windass into the team at 10 when we need an extra midfielder. I hope he doesn't but Murty seems to want to stick with this formation and personnel.

This is why we lose these big games at home.

We need a midfield 3 and to play 1 wide player.

I was. I was sure of it.

But I knew that there was every chance we would have a job done on us by a more experienced team or we could freeze. At times it felt like both of those things happened.

It’s all about how we learn from it and make sure we don’t allow it to happen next time.
Some of the over confidence on here was staggering. There were so many factors against us today and you have highlighted the two which were my big concerns. I can only assume the over confidence comes from younger bears because age has taught me to expect the worst in these games.

Heart was ruling the heed hinking we had a chance winning the league let’s just hope we stop the dirty cants getting the treble cos one things for sure no1 else will

Back