Do Jock Wallace's Achievements Go Under the Radar a Bit?

My mum raises money for Parkinson's disease and has done for a while. I was still staying in the house when the phone rings and I answer it.A voice asks for my mum so I ask who it is.A still booming voice replies "its Jock son".
They were involved in a fundraiser at the time and I still can't believe the man phoned my house.

Never took the support for granted. Heard numerous stories of him sorting fans out with tickets, especially in Europe.

Manager of my best ever Rangers team the best Rangers supporting times of my life absolutely loved it back then. One of the best big man

And to think that loser Mark War itton had the cheek to criticise the Big man, pathetic from him.

Jock Wallace should be celebrated more than he is, he's a legitimate legend!

My favourite Rangers manager, and by a considerable distance. My first Gers match was in 1969 but I don't remember Davie White or Willie Waddell as manager. Jock Wallace's time was when my first clear memories of watching Rangers really start and I have nothing but good memories of the man. He was basically a fan living the dream. His teams at the time were not so well regarded by the press (there's a shock) but they played some great stuff, especially in 1977/78, and it was a huge shock when he left at the end of that season. We all hoped for the magic to return when he came back, but it was not to be sadly. He had a fierce reputation but he loved the Gers and if his players were fair by him he stuck by them. And the fact so many of them had long playing careers spoke wonders for his training methods, which again were scorned in the press. A great man who was taken too soon.

Jock Wallace and Davie Cooper are my Rangers heroes of all time.
I only say that because of the managers and players we have had.
Jock dragged the team by the neck at times on the touch line but he deserves his place as a great manager imo!

As has already been posted, won the treble but couldn't win manager of the year. That just tells you that the rest of Scottish football couldn't acknowledge his achievements.
I'm sure I recall Gary Lineker saying that Jock brought him into the Leicester team and he knew The Sash word perfect as he heard it every day.

Back