Do other clubs take advantage of our loyalty?

DeeGer10

I was having a discussion with a Dundee fan in work today he was shocked to hear we’re being charged £32 a ticket on Saturday for Hearts away and that he’d never pay that.

I know it’s nothing new but it made me think how many other clubs take advantage of our support and bump up the costs. I think it’s more relevant with today’s Killie news knowing fine well they’ll go back to normal allocation next season when it suits.

So done a wee comparison.
Following Dundee away this season

Aberdeen £26
Celtic £28
Hamilton £22
Hearts £28
Hibs £23
Livingston £24
Kilmarnock £22
Motherwell £24
Rangers £27
St Johnstone £23
St Mirren £22
Total = £269

Our away tickets* it was more difficult to get this information please correct me if wrong.

Aberdeen £28
Celtic £49
Dundee £30
Hamilton £22
Hearts £32
Hibs £28
Livingston £24
Kilmarnock £27
Motherwell £28
St Johnstone £28
St Mirren £27
Total £323 (Celtic charge us more due to the fixture so even take £20 off bringing it more in line with others) £303 is still more than Dundee.

We’re paying more to view almost the exact same product...because we’re a bigger club?

Is it time we started putting pressure on SFA and clubs to price it fair?

Yes, but our own club "takes advantage of our loyalty" too and has done for many years.

Fans are treated like shit, nobody bar us cares, until we do something about it nothing will change.

The clubs argument will always be the extra security and policing costs of rangers and Celtic fans visiting

The clubs argument will always be the extra security and policing costs of rangers and Celtic fans visiting
Without a doubt it would be however clubs budget for the season based on their season ticket and predicted earnings. They will have an idea of costs to police it so spread it out over the season.

Following aberdeen,hibs,celtic and now kilmarnocks decision to cut our allocation,it's time for us to refuse away allocations as a stance against this continuing abuse of our club since 2012.
If our fans don't want to boycott,so be it,then they can buy tickets by other means,our club MUST now take a stand and tell the abusers to %^*& right off.

Given it up to the home team to price then every clubs is guilty of taking advantage. The only way is go back the old days a share gate income like what still happen in the Cups

How many on here would pay £53 for a Rangers v Aberdeen game at Ibrox?

Away ticket prices should be agreed at the beginning of each season. The price agreed should apply to all clubs-the same cost at all grounds

They would probably say they have more costs when we visit (policing costs etc) conveniently forgetting how much the make when we visit is huge numbers

Given it up to the home team to price then every clubs is guilty of taking advantage. The only way is go back the old days a share gate income like what still happen in the Cups

How many on here would pay £53 for a Rangers v Aberdeen game at Ibrox?

Said in here before that going back splitting the gate would be the best thing for the game as a whole and prob lead to a far better standard in the league.

The counter argument though is that the extra tickets being sold cover the cost of the extra security/policing without the need to increase ticket price.

Say for example and extra 5,000 bears attend a match against Saint Jonstone @ £23, the same price they charge Dundee.

That's an income of £115,000 form away tickets.

Say, 800 Dundee fans attend the same ground on a different day @£23 a ticket.

That's £18,400.

That means that if both clubs are charged the same they earn £96,600 extra from ticket sales alone when the bears attend..

No way is the extra security/police costing £96,600.

Charging us an extra fiver earns them an extra £25,000 on top of the £96,600.

Even that £25,000 would be a ridiculous amount for extra security/policing.

The fuckers take the piss using that excuse and every ticket sold when we come to town is practically pure profit since their grounds are almost empty every other week of the year.

It’s all about demand an Supply.

We as a Club also have different pricing for matches.
Celtic, category A.
Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs, category B.
The rest, category C.

Address the above heading by saying, “ is the pope a catholic” we don’t need the brains of a Genius to work that out. This is another reason that each year even if it’s one game at random take next to nil away tickets and let away teams KNOW what we’re about as a support and don’t treat us like Crap!

I know Hearts is £32 on Saturday but I’m sure it wasn’t that expensive earlier this season.

I know Hearts is £32 on Saturday but I’m sure it wasn’t that expensive earlier this season.
Yeah I thought that was the case, Rangers remove historical ticket information so I was relying on games I’d been too and Twitter.

Supply and demand it happens all the time,If fans are willing to pay it they will put prices up,Not wanting to criticise our away support but at times I wish they would get angry and use the power they have and keep their money in their pockets and boycott the odd game.

Supply and demand it happens all the time,If fans are willing to pay it they will put prices up,Not wanting to criticise our away support but at times I wish they would get angry and use the power they have and keep their money in their pockets and boycott the odd game.
It’s obviously difficult for us to boycott as we don’t have a choice whether too purchase a ticket as it’s allocated to us.
You need support from the Club and or SFA.

The premier league limited away fans tickets to £30 maximum to stop fans being fleeced. We’re paying £2 more on Saturday than any other away fan had paid in England for a worse product because we’ll pay it and no one will complain.

It’s obviously difficult for us to boycott as we don’t have a choice whether too purchase a ticket as it’s allocated to us.
You need support from the Club and or SFA.

The premier league limited away fans tickets to £30 maximum to stop fans being fleeced. We’re paying £2 more on Saturday than any other away fan had paid in England for a worse product because we’ll pay it and no one will complain.
I haven't been to an away game for decades so I don't know the script,I take it you sign up for away tickets and if you are allocated one they automatically take the money out of your account so it makes it hard boycott,Is that right.

Said in here before that going back splitting the gate would be the best thing for the game as a whole and prob lead to a far better standard in the league.
Then we’d have even lesser quality than we have just now.

How that would help Rangers us beyond me.

I refuse to go to away games, but I don't think a boycott would work. Don't forget we were away for four years and none of these clubs who wanted us dead went to the wall.

I haven't been to an away game for decades so I don't know the script,I take it you sign up for away tickets and if you are allocated one they automatically take the money out of your account so it makes it hard boycott,Is that right.
Yes, you sign up with your season ticket and are emailed a few weeks before the game to say you've been allocated a ticket and will be charged in a few days.

I believe you can reject a couple before you're removed from the scheme.

We really need to wise up,it would only have taken one full season of not taking tickets and 90% of the other clubs would have fallen into line,we have brought this on ourselves.

Yes, you sign up with your season ticket and are emailed a few weeks before the game to say you've been allocated a ticket and will be charged in a few days.

I believe you can reject a couple before you're removed from the scheme.
Boycotts not so simple then.

Why would other teams act in the interest of our fans. How would u feel if we lost money by subsidizing Hibs fans at Ibrox.

Why would other teams act in the interest of our fans. How would u feel if we lost money by subsidizing Hibs fans at Ibrox.
We’re too soft we basically sit here and say “charge us what you want we’ll pay it” weeks later another clubs fans in the same league are going to the same stadium and paying £3-4 person less with far less numbers.

Buy anything else in bulk it’s cheaper in the opposite in this game.

Yes they do. They also don’t want us to even exist as a result I’ve withdrawn my custom from away grounds. Fair play to bears who go though, that is entirely up to them I’d prefer we found a way to %^*& some of them up but the fact we are there and beating most of them regularly will no doubt hurt them (and the mentally challengeds) more.

Back