Do our players see Hagi as the main man?

ShaggersGloves

I remember when I played football when I was younger, there was always that wee guy in the team that you just felt much more confident when he was playing and much less so when he wasn't. Not the captain, not the official leader but the person who just had the talent and a bit of that something that gave everyone else a lift.

Is Hagi that guy in this team?

I thought you could actually see the rest of the team react to Hagi being on the park and they were all over at him when he set up the goal.

Going to be a big player for us this season either way.

They will if he continues to have that type on influence on games. We were flat again in the first half. Wee Ianis came on and made an instant impact.

Keep it up wee man.

No, purely because for all the great games Hagi has he also has many where you’d barley know he was on the park.

I remember when I played football when I was younger, there was always that wee guy in the team that you just felt much more confident when he was playing and much less so when he wasn't. Not the captain, not the official leader but the person who just had the talent and a bit of that something that gave everyone else a lift.

Is Hagi that guy in this team?

I thought you could actually see the rest of the team react to Hagi being on the park and they were all over at him when he set up the goal.

Going to be a big player for us this season either way.
Saved it with the last comment bud.

But in the name of God.

This is hard to explain. I’ll give it a go.

see when you watch older games before gerrard when Morelos was playing when he joined. You just look at them and think he doesn’t look like a main man. Whether it’s that Gallus streak missing... Just looks different on the pitch.

then you fast forward to a game like Porto.. and you see a talisman

that’s the vibe I’m getting off Hagi this year.

Our formation change to two strikers as opposed to two “10s” is tailor made for Hagi.

It’s a fair observation IMO.

He has certainly changed games recently & looks a different beast to last season.

Players like that do instill confidence & assurance in those around them, but we shouldn’t have to rely on a talisman/impact player injecting life & energy into the side.

Scott Wright is a work and process and will improve.
But hopefully he had a wee look at Hagi’s performance last night to see how to impact a game.

No, purely because for all the great games Hagi has he also has many where you’d barley know he was on the park.
This is where he needs to kick on. Push himself to add consistency to his game. I see a different attitude from him much keener defending more he looks to have found a better place within himself.

Think he could break through this season. He has the skill just needs to apply it consistently.

With Kent absent we should be making Hagi the heart beat of the team.

Give him more license to roam a bit and just get him on the ball.

What a cameo last night. Exactly what we have been crying out for...demanding the ball, tempo, willing to take risks and looking to play the ball in behind.

He has skill and intelligence, sees things that maybe other players don't see, and he has the skill to deliver something from it; that's what Roofe's goal showed us, where he had the vision to do what he did. Great player where defences stack up around the box.

Back