Do Rangers Benefit From Use of Betting Shops/Kiosks in Ibrox?

CR5

Obviously this won't be relevant for a good while but the question randomly popped into my head and I was wondering if anyone here knew.

Do Rangers get a percentage of takings or is it just an upfront fee for the space?

Elior’s catering contract was up this summer supposedly. It is believe they paid us a lump sum back in 2011 for a 9 year contract. So I don’t think we did receive anything from catering.

But it looks like we’re sticking with them for the forthcoming season. We may have agreed a new improved deal. The proof in the pudding will be when we return to Ibrox. If there is a change to menu, prices, contactless being introduced etc.

Elior’s catering contract was up this summer supposedly. It is believe they paid us a lump sum back in 2011 for a 9 year contract. So I don’t think we did receive anything from catering.

But it looks like we’re sticking with them for the forthcoming season. We may have agreed a new improved deal. The proof in the pudding will be when we return to Ibrox. If there is a change to menu, prices, contactless being introduced etc.

The OP is asking about betting not catering

I'd imagine the more money they make, the more rangers will be able to demand for the partnership/contract.

So yes.

Rangers benefit by selling the rights but get nowt if you buy a pie or place a bet.

The bookie and kiosks then have a captive crowd and offer poor odds / food because they can.

We get a 1 off fee in return for renting the space.

I assume there is an agreement for however many additional cup games end up happening.

Obviously this won't be relevant for a good while but the question randomly popped into my head and I was wondering if anyone here knew.

Do Rangers get a percentage of takings or is it just an upfront fee for the space?

Probably just an annual fee as part of the agreement to be our official betting partner

Might have changed now but back in 95 when it started with Ladbrokes (c*nts)
"The company, which is the world's biggest bookmakers, is responsible for all costs regarding the setting up and running of the kiosks or counters and pays the host club a commission based on turnover of the betting facilities"

Rangers benefit by selling the rights but get nowt if you buy a pie or place a bet.

The bookie and kiosks then have a captive crowd and offer poor odds / food because they can.

I think they lose money unless it's a draw/loss.

Everyone will be betting on Rangers to win and despite how it feels at times, we do win most of the time.

I'm surprised a company like Greg's haven't moved into stadium catering or something. All the infrastructure, staff and processes. Obviously there would be a premium, but folk would pay it. The current offering is abysmal.

Baffles me how many people use the betting kiosks. The offered odds are so bad. I got Defoe to score a hat trick against Hibs last season at 33/1 with bet365. Guy who sits near me got it in the stadium for 13/1.

Always wondered myself id guess as above its not much as theres already bookies everywhere and easy betting online.

Do know the refs benefit, 200 quid on Rangers to get more cards at 5/2 please cheers mate see you at 5.

The betting kiosks obviously make a good trade. I would think the people who use them are people who aren't tech savvy and don't gamble online.

If they get phased out, we could always use the space to improve the food and drink options.

It's my opinion we are in a different time now and Rangers are better distancing themselves from it. I know what we are sponsored by just now with the ugly 32 Red we have clearly visible on our tops, well for now..i suppose we can't have it all.

Always annoyed me that we are sponsored by 32 Red but stadium is full of Ladbroke bookies.

I was even in hospitality once as a guest of 32 Red at their table and the ladbrokes girls came round taking bets.

Betting partners are huge for football clubs. It would be good to see fewer clubs with them. Here's the 2019/20 Premier League Shirt Sponsors:

TeamShirt SponsorIndustryHeadquarters
ArsenalEmiratesAirlineDubai, UAE
Aston VillaW88GamblingPhilippines
BournemouthM88GamblingPhilippines & Gibraltar
Brighton & Hove AlbionAmerican ExpressFinancial servicesUSA
BurnleyLoveBetGamblingMalta
ChelseaYokohama TyresAutomotiveJapan
Crystal PalaceManBetXGamblingMalta
EvertonSportPesaGamblingKenya & Isle of Man
Leicester CityKing PowerDuty-free shopThailand
LiverpoolStandard CharteredFinancial services & bankingUK
Manchester CityEtihad AirwaysAirlineAbu Dhabi, UAE
Manchester UnitedChevroletAutomotiveUSA
Newcastle UnitedFun88GamblingIsle of Man
Norwich CityDafabetGamblingPhilippines
Sheffield UnitedUSGFinancial servicesAustralia
SouthamptonLD Sports(Sports) MediaChina
Tottenham HotspurAIALife insurance & financial servicesHong Kong
WatfordSportsbet.ioGamblingCuraçao
West Ham UnitedBetwayGamblingMalta
Wolverhampton WanderersManBetXGamblingMalta

I'm surprised a company like Greg's haven't moved into stadium catering or something. All the infrastructure, staff and processes. Obviously there would be a premium, but folk would pay it. The current offering is abysmal.
Greggs operate catering at Derby County. Don't know of any others though.

i would think if the bookie is the sponsor then it would be part of the contract if not maybe a rental fee

Ladbroke's get £3:00 per game from my brothers and I. Correct score/first scorer. Usually one of the central defenders and 3-0. Never had it up yet.
Catering get hee haw because their pies are overpriced and bowfin'.

Are the odds in the stadium not always shorter than those outside or online betting shops? I wonder if this is how the bookies make their money / pay Rangers their costs and or percentage.

That's my assumption too, similar to bookies getting a pitch at racecourses.
Most bookmakers with kiosks at racecourses pay on a revenue share basis. Rails bookmakers pay fixed fees, which varies with the position of the pitch and quality of the meeting.

Are the odds in the stadium not always shorter than those outside or online betting shops? I wonder if this is how the bookies make their money / pay Rangers their costs and or percentage.
The odds will match their other in-shop prices, its the same trading team for Lads. Prices usually differ to online though. Typically much more value online as most large bookmakers will bet to a smaller over-round for football Markets.

James Bisgrove advised that there will be uogrades to the kiosks, with better menu upgraded facilities and screens at the kiosks. Along with pop up stores, wouldnt be surprised if Unibet are in the concourses I expect big changes over next 2 years on the concourse experience

The odds will match their other in-shop prices, its the same trading team for Lads. Prices usually differ to online though. Typically much more value online as most large bookmakers will bet to a smaller over-round for football Markets.
I always thought the odds in the stadium were shorter than the odds in the shops

I always thought the odds in the stadium were shorter than the odds in the shops
usually the same coupons etc as in shop ones. It wouldnt be worth it for a large bookmaker like lads to run a book with smaller prices just for stadiums. £5’s and £10’s on first goalscorers and scorecasts are hardly going to amount to huge liabilities. The margins on these markets are big enough anyway.

If anyone's been to American stadiums for NFL, MLB etc the gulf in quality and money making capabilities with the food kiosks is huge. I know Americans tend to be fatter and greedier than us, I know we don't have alcohol and I know the games last a lot longer over there, but it could easily be replicated over here on a slightly smaller scale. Frank's hot wings, Papa John's, bud light, McDonald's, Wendy's , KFC etc stalls all around the stadium.

I see no reason why McDonald's, Greggs, subway etc couldn't have concessions

The bookies would make more if they took bets on more than just our game ? Why don’t they have normal coupons ? Or do they? Been so long since I’ve had a bet. The odds on our game put people off. Need a 4 1 and first scorer to get something.

Pop up kiosks dotted about selling one or two items like drinks / crisps only would be great now contactless appears to finally be here. Should speed things up if you just want a drink of water.

They are costing themselves money not only with the quality of the hot food but the wait times on cold food and drinks.

Last edited:

Never saw any pudding, right enough.

Yeah must have agreed a new deal with ellor hopefully it should be better think you will see massive increase in the accounts on the commercial side of things this year with new deals in various places of the bussiness.

Back