Do season tickets holders get Thursday’s game free on RTV

A1bertz

So, there is a decision then... ?
As you've clearly just stated ST holders are being charged disproportionately to non season ticket holders.
Should this be the likely situation (BCD) for next season, I really think the club should explore the option of VST prices for us, with an extra deposit that should we be allowed back to games secures our seat with a future extra charge when we are allowed entry.
I don't disagree....I'm saying I don't think for a second there is a decision for the club. They will want and need (expect) and come looking for the full season ticket cash / My Gers cash.

Do I agree with that if this is indeed where we head..no.
The cost of a season ticket for worst seat in the house is what a season ticket should cost right now.
To take premium prices when there are no games for me is wrong . I like your idea though of a VST and then you pay more if and when you can get back in.

The Dude

You wouldn't be allowed to sell more VST's that include the Old Firm than we had normal season tickets last season. Also you wouldn't get 90,000 people buying it anyway as only one person in a group would need to buy one.

Nobody forced anyone to get a ticket.

The cap on them just now is a concession that was made to Sky. There's nothing contractual which locks clubs to only selling VSTs to the level of STs sold last season.

If 45,000 have bought season tickets and we apparently have thousands on a waiting list, is it that much of a reach to think we'd sell even more VSTs at a lower price and having no cap on the numbers we sold them to? Then there's also be the PPV games on top of it for people who didn't want/couldn't afford a VST

DelPiero

The club are going to need as much revenue as possible now.

The support have stepped up in a massive way, given the circumstances, with ST renewals and purchasing merchandise.

I understand the club can’t just give stuff away for free but let’s not get carried away with how much cash they’ll need in comparison to a significant number of the support.

A1bertz

I do understand that logic and I agree that its a bizarre situation currently that this is the case. That being said we knew that potentially we wouldnt get to games with our ST's and made the decision to purchase regardless to support the club. To put a spin on it, I dont think it would be right to change the normal PPV price for a game just because they dont have a ST.
This season is gone, we knew the risk. Agree.
If we start next season in the same situation (Highly likely) then I'm not sure what the answer is. Buying a premium price season ticket again might not be viable. Buying a lower end ticket or a VST may be the answer. Some may decide to just pay per view and then jump back on the season ticket path later.
If this season goes tits up, making that renew decision with no attendance in sight might not quite play on the same heart strings of so many.

JeffreySpauIding

The cap on them just now is a concession that was made to Sky. There's nothing contractual which locks clubs to only selling VSTs to the level of STs sold last season.

If 45,000 have bought season tickets and we apparently have thousands on a waiting list, is it that much of a reach to think we'd sell even more VSTs at a lower price and having no cap on the numbers we sold them to? Then there's also be the PPV games on top of it for people who didn't want/couldn't afford a VST

So you are saying we can sell VST's which include the Old Firm games to as many people as we want? Because we can't as there is a cap.

We wouldn't sell 90,000 VST's when you only need one per household/group and it doesn't guarantee you a season ticket next year.

Sell strips.
Sell virtual season tickets.
Get money from sponsors.
Get money from SPFL.
Get money from UEFA.

These are all needed in a normal season too. You are asking the club to take a huge cut in revenue. Do you want this and expect the club to challenge for a title?

Would you be happy with the club just writing off the league this season as we can't buy any new players and have to sell players just to keep going?

Well there is plenty of people that don't want that to happen so you should have not bothered buying a season ticket and left everyone else to it.

strider

Qualifiers are under the clubs control right wise

But the group stage onwards is the test since BT Sport have the UK rights, can't see them allowing for any of the British club been to sell PPV via the own club channel to STH

Ignore my earlier post - I was under the mistaken impression Premier Sports had the rights to it.

The Dude

So you are saying we can sell VST's which include the Old Firm games to as many people as we want? Because we can't as there is a cap.

We wouldn't sell 90,000 VST's when you only need one per household/group and it doesn't guarantee you a season ticket next year.

These are all needed in a normal season too. You are asking the club to take a huge cut in revenue. Do you want this and expect the club to challenge for a title?

Would you be happy with the club just writing off the league this season as we can't buy any new players and have to sell players just to keep going?

Well there is plenty of people that don't want that to happen so you should have not bothered buying a season ticket and left everyone else to it.

It wouldn't guarantee you a ticket for next year (already addressed it earlier ITT) but that would be easily resolved by taking a small deposit from existing STH to 'reserve' their seat for when actual STs are available.

Why would they be taking a huge cut in revenue? The only thing that would be cut is ST revenue and I think that would be able to be recouped largely by selling VSTs to a wider number.

EDIT: The cap isn't a contractual arrangement but a concession made to Sky

JeffreySpauIding

It wouldn't guarantee you a ticket for next year (already addressed it earlier ITT) but that would be easily resolved by taking a small deposit from existing STH to 'reserve' their seat for when actual STs are available.

Why would they be taking a huge cut in revenue? The only thing that would be cut is ST revenue and I think that would be able to be recouped largely by selling VSTs to a wider number.

EDIT: The cap isn't a contractual arrangement but a concession made to Sky

You are not allowed to sell more VST's which include all home games than you are the number of season tickets you sold last season. That is a fact so I don't know why you keep saying you can.

Even if we were allowed to, which we aren't, we wouldn't sell 90,000 at £200 as you would only need one per household and a large number people would just stream it anyway.

Being guaranteed a seat in the stadium when we're allowed back is why 45,000 paid for their VST this time.

The Dude

You are not allowed to sell more VST's which include all home games than you are the number of season tickets you sold last season. That is a fact so I don't know why you keep saying you can.

Even if we were allowed to, which we aren't, we wouldn't sell 90,000 at £200 as you would only need one per household and a large number people would just stream it anyway.

Being guaranteed a seat in the stadium when we're allowed back is why 45,000 paid for their VST this time.
I'm sure there's plenty of ways around it. Sell it in smaller packages over and above like the club has been doing. Sell commercial packages to boozers, continue with PPV offers. So if we're not allowed back in this season, those who bought a ST will be allowed in next season?

DamBuster72

Maybe Rangers will make the home game next week available to VST viewers?

Agree with that stance VB but then we have the rights to the home game to do as we please.

If we wanted to include away Euro games in the VST we would need to pay the hosting club for the privilege and would therefore lose money.

JeffreySpauIding

I'm sure there's plenty of ways around it. Sell it in smaller packages over and above like the club has been doing. Sell commercial packages to boozers, continue with PPV offers. So if we're not allowed back in this season, those who bought a ST will be allowed in next season?
We are doing all of that as well. Do you have any more money generating ideas that we are already doing? Next you will suggest selling strips.

They will be allowed in next season if they buy their ticket and fans are allowed back in.

Boldvale

Official Ticketer
Tbh, my logic is that clubs should never have been selling STs in the first place knowing fans weren't going to be getting in any time soon.
I hear what you are saying, however we would have been bankrupt by now if the st hadn't been sold. We nearly lost the club before, I pray that never happens again. Even if they told us we wouldn't get in this season (we had a fair idea that this would happen anyway) I would still have bought my ticket.

joseph

Official Ticketer
This is a decent idea.

If we get through on Thursday you'd hope they would give us some sort of discount on the home game in the play off.
I actually think they will charge you for the home non season ticket game if you signed up for this. - and then offer the chance to view through VST. In Exactly same way as they have season ticket purchases

The Dude

We are doing all of that as well. Do you have any more money-generating ideas that we are already doing? Next you will suggest selling strips.

They will be allowed in next season if they buy their ticket and fans are allowed back in.

So the folk that bought tickets to guarantee their seat this season might not actually have their seat guaranteed?

The Dude

I hear what you are saying, however we would have been bankrupt by now if the st hadn't been sold. We nearly lost the club before, I pray that never happens again. Even if they told us we wouldn't get in this season (we had a fair idea that this would happen anyway) I would still have bought my ticket.

Then there's something seriously wrong with the way we are being run.

Rickymck

That's in a normal season. I think the Club should be offering something extra to ST holders - an away European qualifier doesn't seem like a lot.
Unfortunately every penny counts more than ever. These are games that unless you had Premier Sports you wouldn't see but there is an opportunity for those who can afford it to get much needed cash into the club and stave off the inevitable! There may be backers and investors filling gaps but in a global crisis it is likely they will be looking at their outgoings and cutting cloth to suit. We all need to do our part where we can and unfortunately individuals will suffer from this but for the greater good we need to keep our club afloat because going back to 2012 isn't worth thinking about!

sh3lldon

Official Ticketer
Why is this a debate EL is not included on ST i never expected it and happy to pay £10 they same way I would have paid £30 or whatever for the ticket

rangeral

I don't think we can sell VST

Only option is the PPV option single or group together once the TV selection are made

Remember it only a temporary agreement in place for 2020/21

JeffreySpauIding

So the folk that bought tickets to guarantee their seat this season might not actually have their seat guaranteed?

Stop being obtuse. It is reserved for them if they wish to buy it at the start of the season and they will be able to sit in it when allowed to by the government.

Crispy Bacon

My season tickets usually include euro and cup games, granted we cannot control if its home or away, best part of a grand for my season ticket and i still need to fork out more. I’m all for giving the club money but i feel this might take its toll on quite a few people. Especially come renewals next year. I would hope those who have made the financial sacrifice this year will be rewarded some way when time and costs allow.

The Dude

My season tickets usually include euro and cup games, granted we cannot control if its home or away, best part of a grand for my season ticket and i still need to fork out more. I’m all for giving the club money but i feel this might take its toll on quite a few people. Especially come renewals next year. I would hope those who have made the financial sacrifice this year will be rewarded some way when time and costs allow.

Another 25 MyGers points headed your way.

Boldvale

Official Ticketer
Then there's something seriously wrong with the way we are being run.
You are not new on here so should be aware that we had a cash injection from the directors. It is only now that the merchandise contract has been sorted that we have an additional income stream to rely on. Up until now season tickets were the only substantial income we had and that doesn't look at the costs of running the club.

clubdeckcharlie

Official Ticketer
On a related subject, I bought my season ticket as normal. However, after many years of trying I managed to get my seat in the Club Deck relocated to be nearer my son, who sits on the halfway line. I had to pay £206 for the upgrade, but I'm still watching the games on the same television.

joseph

Official Ticketer
Irrespective of whether the game is on or off the season ticket debacle.
The fact remains you can only watch Thursdays game officially on RTV.
You either pay up and watch the game on RTV or you don’t.
I’m getting signed up later tonight because I don’t fancy being blocked by using unreliable iptv streams

The Dude

You are not new on here so should be aware that we had a cash injection from the directors. It is only now that the merchandise contract has been sorted that we have an additional income stream to rely on. Up until now season tickets were the only substantial income we had and that doesn't look at the costs of running the club.

Cash injection in return for shares.
Fans have ploughed cash in to get...

jger84

Judging by the comments of some on here and twitter, I don't think they were perfectly aware that they might not get to set foot into Ibrox this season.

But based on your previous comments, in this thread, you claim to be aware based on your conversations with the club and SPFL. Did you renew? If so, why?

The Dude

But based on your previous comments, in this thread, you claim to be aware based on your conversations with the club and SPFL. Did you renew? If so, why?

I didn't renew as I'm not a STH. I work at games most weeks so having a ST would be utterly pointless for me as I'm lucky to make a handful of games a season and can get one of my local bus when I can make it.

Valley Bluenose

Agree with that stance VB but then we have the rights to the home game to do as we please.

If we wanted to include away Euro games in the VST we would need to pay the hosting club for the privilege and would therefore lose money.

Not really mate. As I understand it, by UEFA decree for this season, the home club have the domestic rights and the away club have the international rights.

change consent