Do season tickets holders get Thursday’s game free on RTV

My season tickets usually include euro and cup games, granted we cannot control if its home or away, best part of a grand for my season ticket and i still need to fork out more. I’m all for giving the club money but i feel this might take its toll on quite a few people. Especially come renewals next year. I would hope those who have made the financial sacrifice this year will be rewarded some way when time and costs allow.

My season tickets usually include euro and cup games, granted we cannot control if its home or away, best part of a grand for my season ticket and i still need to fork out more. I’m all for giving the club money but i feel this might take its toll on quite a few people. Especially come renewals next year. I would hope those who have made the financial sacrifice this year will be rewarded some way when time and costs allow.

Another 25 MyGers points headed your way.

Then there's something seriously wrong with the way we are being run.
You are not new on here so should be aware that we had a cash injection from the directors. It is only now that the merchandise contract has been sorted that we have an additional income stream to rely on. Up until now season tickets were the only substantial income we had and that doesn't look at the costs of running the club.

On a related subject, I bought my season ticket as normal. However, after many years of trying I managed to get my seat in the Club Deck relocated to be nearer my son, who sits on the halfway line. I had to pay £206 for the upgrade, but I'm still watching the games on the same television.

Irrespective of whether the game is on or off the season ticket debacle.
The fact remains you can only watch Thursdays game officially on RTV.
You either pay up and watch the game on RTV or you don’t.
I’m getting signed up later tonight because I don’t fancy being blocked by using unreliable iptv streams

You are not new on here so should be aware that we had a cash injection from the directors. It is only now that the merchandise contract has been sorted that we have an additional income stream to rely on. Up until now season tickets were the only substantial income we had and that doesn't look at the costs of running the club.

Cash injection in return for shares.
Fans have ploughed cash in to get...

Judging by the comments of some on here and twitter, I don't think they were perfectly aware that they might not get to set foot into Ibrox this season.

But based on your previous comments, in this thread, you claim to be aware based on your conversations with the club and SPFL. Did you renew? If so, why?

But based on your previous comments, in this thread, you claim to be aware based on your conversations with the club and SPFL. Did you renew? If so, why?

I didn't renew as I'm not a STH. I work at games most weeks so having a ST would be utterly pointless for me as I'm lucky to make a handful of games a season and can get one of my local bus when I can make it.

Agree with that stance VB but then we have the rights to the home game to do as we please.

If we wanted to include away Euro games in the VST we would need to pay the hosting club for the privilege and would therefore lose money.

Not really mate. As I understand it, by UEFA decree for this season, the home club have the domestic rights and the away club have the international rights.

I didn't renew as I'm not a STH. I work at games most weeks so having a ST would be utterly pointless for me as I'm lucky to make a handful of games a season and can get one of my local bus when I can make it.

Fair enough.

I understand the points you’re making. I live In the States and have spent £210 a year to watch the bears on RTV for many seasons now. Until this past year or so the product really hasn’t been great value for money: shite quality stream, awful commentary, terrible pre/post game coverage. The club have taken great steps to improve RTV, and now I feel that my £210 is outstanding value.

But I completely understand why people (especially those who usually attend in person and have probably never experienced RTV before) are balking at spending a penny more after investing £500+ for a ST. All I would say is that at least RTV is better than it was, and we all still get to watch Rangers play.

It was such a messy, unprecedented situation that faced the club back during the renewal time. I don’t think anyone can truly claim to know what was going to happen, or even what was likely to happen. What was known for sure was that the club needed the ST money to keep the lights on (there’s no question that this business model is not sustainable, at least not without the level of commitment shown by the fans). I would love the club to find more ways to ‘pay back’ the fans who’ve put so much into the club in uncertain times, but I’m not sure how they can do so when these times are still so uncertain.

Unfortunately every penny counts more than ever. These are games that unless you had Premier Sports you wouldn't see but there is an opportunity for those who can afford it to get much needed cash into the club and stave off the inevitable! There may be backers and investors filling gaps but in a global crisis it is likely they will be looking at their outgoings and cutting cloth to suit. We all need to do our part where we can and unfortunately individuals will suffer from this but for the greater good we need to keep our club afloat because going back to 2012 isn't worth thinking about!

I know. But by goodness, how the fans have stepped up in recent months - STs, MyGers, merchandise...

With it being unlikely we'll see (m)any games this season, are the Club going to expect another huge take-up in STs next season?

Just give a little back.

I always imagine the folk that say this and tell us all they are willing to pay anything eith live at home with their parent(s), pay minimum dig money/doss at their mates or have nothing else in their life apart from Rangers.
And you would be very wrong to imagine that in many cases!!

It's great on here that everyone who bought a season ticket did so knowing that we wouldn't get in to see a game but there was no way that the club could have known that we wouldn't get in to see a game when the season tickets went on sale.

Why didn't those in charge just ask a season ticket holder since we knew :))

It's great on here that everyone who bought a season ticket did so knowing that we wouldn't get in to see a game but there was no way that the club could have known that we wouldn't get in to see a game when the season tickets went on sale.

Why didn't those in charge just ask a season ticket holder since we knew :))

You’ll see that some on here only apply their logic one way and refuse to acknowledge any valid criticism directed towards the club even when merited

Nobody knew that though, not even Rangers. It's obvious listening to Stewart Robertson's interview in May that he thought this would be over by August/September and fans would be back in the stadium.

How was it obvious, have you a quote that makes you think that?

European matches aren’t normally included on your season ticket.

The answer in no, it’s not free for VST viewers. It IS included for Unlimited (overseas) subscribers and is available on PPV for others.
Sorry to pester you with this hoping you will know the answer.

When I try to buy this says already included in my package (£60 a yer pacakage)

Then says I may be double billed.

The Red Imps game now showing as a package after paying for this last week.

Reason I'm reluctant to pay again as it wouldn't work last week at all.

Not sure what issue was. I never have issue with the season ticket games.

Cheers.

How was it obvious, have you a quote that makes you think that?

Watch the first 3 minutes. He's talking about season ticket holders getting value for money with RTV subscription and is under the impression that there will be small crowds in the ground by time the season starts in August. It's clear he thinks fans will be in the ground shortly after that. Season ticket holders would not be getting value for money if this lasts a full season which was his main point of it.

Not a ST holder but absolutely scunnered with this on their behalf. I get we are trying to operate normally etc but they've clearly overlooked how pathetic a money-grabbing exercise this is.

Sorry to pester you with this hoping you will know the answer.

When I try to buy this says already included in my package (£60 a yer pacakage)

Then says I may be double billed.

The Red Imps game now showing as a package after paying for this last week.

Reason I'm reluctant to pay again as it wouldn't work last week at all.

Not sure what issue was. I never have issue with the season ticket games.

Cheers.

Best way to buy this via the Subscribe and Buy tab. You will likely get a warning about already having an account but the Willem II game is not a part of it so you can carry on and purchase.

Do the club actually make any money out of PPV of away European games?
I've know idea what the uptake is, but the couple of Rangers Facebook pages I'm on always have more people looking for illegal streams than admitting to paying for it.

Best way to buy this via the Subscribe and Buy tab. You will likely get a warning about already having an account but the Willem II game is not a part of it so you can carry on and purchase.
Thanks for the info.

You are a great help for people regarding the RTV questions.

Appreciated.

Thanks for the info.

You are a great help for people regarding the RTV questions.

Appreciated.

Bear in mind that once you have purchased you view via the RangersTV website and not the b*stard offshoot used by VST viewers at live.Rangers.do.uk.

It’s crucial that you are fully logged out of RangersTV on every device before attempting to log in and view the match or your account may get blocked.

Finally, if you tell us what device you are using it might help point to a way of avoiding the issues you had last week.

Bear in mind that once you have purchased you view via the RangersTV website and not the b*stard offshoot used by VST viewers at live.Rangers.do.uk.

It’s crucial that you are fully logged out of RangersTV on every device before attempting to log in and view the match or your account may get blocked.

Finally, if you tell us what device you are using it might help point to a way of avoiding the issues you had last week.
I only use the App on my phone for RTV.

Then log in to the new live rangers website to watch the season ticket games.

I take it l, it's not the new live Rangers page for the Euro game and go to RTVwebsite for tomorrow?

I'll be using my laptop for tomorrow.

Last week I was doing something on my laptop at same time, so had to try use my phone.

I only use the App on my phone for RTV.

Then log in to the new live Rangers website to watch the season ticket games.

I take it l, it's not the new live Rangers page for the Euro game and go to RTVwebsite for tomorrow?

I'll be using my laptop for tomorrow.

Last week I was doing something on my laptop at same time, so had to try use my phone.

Laptop is a better option, obviously.

Make absolutely certain you have logged out of the App on your phone (or anywhere else).

Go to the RangersTV website and log in. Once you’ve done that, click on the Live tab on the menu bar (top left). The game will be listed with a Live Audio and a Live Video button. They will be grey if you login early. When they go red you can click on them. Before 1930hrs you will get a graphic of the club crests with a countdown timer bottom right. Moving pictures will start at 1930hrs.

I‘d suggest logging in an hour before kick-off to make sure you can get logged in. As soon as the Live Video button goes Red click on that to get to the countdown timer. That way, if you run into problems you’ve got time to come in here and seek help. Good Luck

Laptop is a better option, obviously.

Make absolutely certain you have logged out of the App on your phone (or anywhere else).

Go to the RangersTV website and log in. Once you’ve done that, click on the Live tab on the menu bar (top left). The game will be listed with a Live Audio and a Live Video button. They will be grey if you login early. When they go red you can click on them. Before 1930hrs you will get a graphic of the club crests with a countdown timer bottom right. Moving pictures will start at 1930hrs.

I‘d suggest logging in an hour before kick-off to make sure you can get logged in. As soon as the Live Video button goes Red click on that to get to the countdown timer. That way, if you run into problems you’ve got time to come in here and seek help. Good Luck

Cheers again.

I think we did. Anyone that expected to be in Ibrox this year was dreaming.
Go and look at the other thread, there is video of Stewart Robinson saying the club were looking at supporters being back in some regard at start of season.
No one was expecting this to keep us away all season but I would still have paid my ST either way and will do next season.

I know. But by goodness, how the fans have stepped up in recent months - STs, MyGers, merchandise...

With it being unlikely we'll see (m)any games this season, are the Club going to expect another huge take-up in STs next season?

Just give a little back.
When it's done, we are solid in that area then I would agree. Not now.

Much better giving your tenner to the club than to Premier Sports. In the grand scheme of this season tonight is absolutely massive, who knows what might need to be done player wise if we were to have no European revenue coming in.

Lets go.

No one knew, we all thought we would be back at some point but it now looks highly unlikely we will get to a game at all.
Exactly. Some of the "but its necessary for the club" comments starting to grate a little for some folks I am sure. STs, new kit, MyGers, RTV adds up to a lot of money when not seeing the team in the flesh, which looks increasingly unlikely for the rest of the season. No idea what the financial demographics are for the support but there will be a lot of fans on living wages or thereabouts. Every penny will be counting at home soon if not already.

Back