Do we come right out the traps and try blow them away?

Front foot from the off. We don't react well to the other mob starting too well. We need the confidence levels up from the off.

This Frankfurt team like a late goal in Europe this season, I make it 3 or 4 on 90 minutes or 120 minutes.
We need to be on the ball from the first whistle until the final whistle.
We have been a bit sloppy for late goals this season.

I'm nervous as %^*& I just want it won. I hope the occasion doesn't get to players and they fold, probably the biggest game any of them will have in their career, lets hope the are raring to go.

We need 3, we miss so many chances that I think we'll need 3 to win it. Overwhelm them, get a couple then sit back and hit them on the break.

Its an interesting thread. My prediction for Leipzig on that thread was 3-0 after 20. Wasnt far off.

The first 10 minutes against Leipzig were mesmerising both teams absolutely flooding forward and numerous 6v6 situations.

Incredible balls shown by Rangers. We won the day.

We’d seen Leipzig and Braga before to get an idea. We dont have that here.

I’d love us to score in first 5 mins

Total change from Manchester

Let’s get our fans rocking with the score and not blind hope

Get a lead and let the Rangers fans roar us on

I genuinely think IF we score first we win the game

Our fans will be all over the stadium

Let’s get the first goal and lead us onto a victory

Something for the stattos. Numbers since the quarter finals:

FrankfurtOppRangersOpp
Shots on target30222326
Shots off target31293216
Blocked Shots15181515
Total Shots76697057
Possession (%)43574951
Corner Kicks28432924

They don't need to have possession. Swayed a little bit by Barcelona, who obviously had a large possession number. We should have no concerns about having a go at them.

For me, Ryan Kent is going to be a huge factor for us. If we get European night Kent, I think he could edge it in our favor.

My worry in flying out the traps is them catching us on the break. They are a team that's strength is quick transitions and counter attacking.

The dream is us flying at them, early goal and then we can dictate terms. I think the reality will be a very cagey chess style of match.

I reckon we will approach it how we did Leipzig at home. Gio has got it pretty much spot on tactically in Europe so far, I have confidence he can get it right again.

Have to remember they scored in the 1st minute away to West Ham and the 4th minute away to Barca

I feel they will likely go for it from the off too

The pisser is the heat could easily drain us and they have a pretty good defensive set up and can hit on the break.

On the flip side, if we get the first goal and they have to chase the game then things also open up for us.

It is very tempting to come out the block and close them down quickly and force mistakes like we do at Ibrox.

Massive call for Gio to make.

For me it would be foolish for me to just come flying out the traps and go for it....BUT there's a reason I'm sitting here typing this on the throne and I'm not standing in a dressing room drawing lines on a whiteboard. What the feck do I know. All I ask is we spend every ounce of effort and energy trying our best to bring it home.

Score straight from the kick off.
Leather it from the centre circle.
Catch the keeper off guard.
One up after 5 seconds.
The Ramon Sanchez-Pizjuan stadium is 105m in length, therefore 52.5m from the centre spot to the goal line. The ball must cross the line entirely for a goal to be awarded and the football pitch lines are typically 10cm in length, bringing the total length of ball travel to 52.6m. Five seconds would require the ball to travel at a speed of 10.52m/s or 23.53257 miles per hour. Roberto Carlos achieved 85.13 miles per hour for his famous goal against France. Lundstram is more of a unit, but being conservative let us say Lundstram can get 85.13 miles per hour. That would mean Rangers will be a goal up within 1.38 seconds.

They are clearly better on the counter, but so were Leipzig. We can come out the traps and play at a high intensity whilst still transitioning into a solid defensive structure like we done against them. It will be hard work for the midfield especially, but considering what is at stake I'm sure they will manage.

I hope we have learned from 2008 that it’s pointless going into a final and playing for a draw. Go out be brave and get the trophy won

Yes go for it.

Going by Gio in presser I think that’s what he’s gonna do.

Let’s go Rangers. There’s only 1 German Bomber left!!

It was be absolutely amazing if we could come out the traps flying and get a couple of early goals. We need to go for it one way or another - as above, sitting back in a one off final would be insane. The heat might take it out of them but with it still being around 30 degrees C even at 9pm but I am sure our boys will cope.

I'm not sure if we'll come straight out the traps on them. They seem to do that and have scored early against Barca and West ham from it.

Gio will have taken note of that and will probably sit in and quickly counter them, for the first 10/15 minutes.

Generally Frankfurt deep press and then bomb forward in number on the counter, leaving space at the back when the transition goes wrong.

Frankfurt up front basically play a ST and 2 IW/IF/CAM types behind the ST like Gerrard did.

For me, to counter this front 3 I'd do what we did against Liepzig and go man for man at the back with Lundstrom as a CB.

Tbh I'd probably play the same team and formation that started against Liepzig. Then depending on how its going (and the heat) we then have Ramsey, Roofe, Diallo, Sakala, Lowry, Balogun, Davis to come on and make an impact either offensively or defensively.

We're winning this. I don't know how. I don't underestimate Frankfurt, I just have so much belief in our team and Gio. They've made us dream, and that dream is so close to reality now. Even the most neutral spectator knows we have a right good chance of winning this. I can't fucking wait. Let's go Rangers, aye ready!

Play them the way we played RBL at Ibrox.

There’s that feeling out process to be had for a team that counter attacked Barca and West Ham successfully.

This lot are good at counter attacking football but so were the previous German teams we knocked out.

Whenever I hear this phrase I've got visions on Jack aribo and Co at Shawfield sprinting out the traps chasing the hare

Was gonna say that. Temperatures are going to be brutal. I can see both teams try and wait it out for 10-15 mins or so.
This Rangers team do have exceptional levels of fitness, so hopefully its the Jormans who are blowing by 60 minutes.

Would love to but it's going to be very warm and we don't want to knacker ourselves especially if the early goal doesn't come.
Absolutely.
The next thread to this one, when I opened it, was about the heat in Seville.
As much as I’d like us to go down this route, I am fearful of burn out here.

Hope we just play our game. We are at our best at pace and moving forward. More of the same Gio. Just once I’d love a game where I’m not living on my nerves. Three up at half time please. It’s not much to ask. :)

Back