Do we expect a statement from the club ?

Naw, we're not. But it's been noted.

Tav touched on it briefly, without lowering himself to dwelling, in his post-match interview.

If the fu*kpigs in the east end EVER have the tenacity to bring up "honest mistakes" again (which the brainless c**ts will) then this can be slapped about in their face like a vein-laced meat baguette.
That won't make the slightest bit of difference to the refereeing clique.
Pressure from the club is needed.

What dogs would they be?
Good question, Apparently lacking an individual of the calibre needed, I was thinking more of a coordinated push. Every meeting we are in, be it the SFA, SPFL, BT, etc., be awkward, uncooperative, knock down their pet projects, object to everything, particularly anything involving Sutton, do the minimum, behave within the rules, like arseholes.
Question everything, get every decision clarified, take a QC to every disciplinary.
We need to give them more problems than they can cope with, make their lives a misery at every turn.
We‘ve tried the other way, cooperation, being helpful etc.

Musings just off the top of my head. Glenmorangie stress.

Last edited:
We’re dignified silencing ourselves to death!

I‘m not sure when the best timing would be but at some point the club should definitely highlight all the decisions that have gone against us, we need to exert pressure on the SFA so we get a fair crack of the whip.

I have zero confidence it’ll happen though, MacLennan, as far as I know, is still SPFL chairman despite the conflict of interest which shows the desire we have for the battle!

No surrender eh

A fair point well-made. We don't have the media tied up.

But even Tom Irish called them out on it yesterday, which just goes to show how much in the wrong the kants were if that f*cker can't spin it any other way.

Your comments on the lop-sided, anti-Rangers composition of the Scottish sports media are of course correct. But knowing this to be the case, why in god's name wouldn't Rangers actively actively seek to point this in-built bias out? There are abundant examples which can easily be cited..

What Rangers need is a team of media-savy PR folks, who are primed and ready to jump aggressively on every piece of fake news, and biased reporting about Rangers that is put out there. We have to learn how to fight back. It has always been a mystery to me why, in the face of such unfair coverage, that the Rangers hierarchy have never grasped this simple concept.

Your comments on the lop-sided, anti-Rangers composition of the Scottish sports media are of course correct. But knowing this to be the case, why in god's name wouldn't Rangers actively actively seek to point this in-built bias out? There are abundant examples which can easily be cited..

What Rangers need is a team of media-savy PR folks, who are primed and ready to jump aggressively on every piece of fake news, and biased reporting about Rangers that is put out there. We have to learn how to fight back. It has always been a mystery to me why, in the face of such unfair coverage, that the Rangers hierarchy have never grasped this simple concept.

James Traynor will be on the case.

The club (and I don’t mean the manager) could have commented on the last week if they’d wanted to on several things.

We’ve had the Rangers captain hit by an item thrown from an opposition fan during a match.

A referee failing to award Rangers a blatant penalty kick in that match despite being one yard from the incident and having no explanation for not awarding it other than saying sorry.

The training ground being vandalised with a sectarian slogan before a youth game.

A referee allowing a goal that was as blatant an offside as you will ever see in a match that ended up winning a cup final.

A referee and linesman failing to award a retake of a penalty kick when a keeper has travelled off his line before its been struck.

A Celtic employee posting F*** the Huns on social media. (Meanwhile the Evening Times are running a story on a ‘Rangers fan’ calling a Celtic player a *** on Twitter)

There’s a lot Rangers executives could be commenting on in the PR stakes (directly or indirectly) and that’s without even mentioning imbeciles like Chris Sutton and Alan Brazil broadcasting nonsense about Rangers players.

The barometer was set when the Rangers board just don’t even bother commenting now when the Rangers captain is assaulted by an invading fan on a pitch (Hibs last season). Perhaps they are used to after the 2016 SCF.

We get what we deserve when fans are using AGM time to ask about missing out on tickets at cup finals rather than MD’s earning their daily corn.

I dont expect a statement what I do expect now though is subtle mentions by the manager in press conferences and press quotes to start piling pressure on these absolute shitebag officials.

We could have the best PR in the world to point out biased reporting etc.
The big question is how do you get the culprits to cover our criticism in a fair way or even at all?
Our PR team issues a press release, they simply ignore it, or more likely twist and distort what we are saying and ridicule it.

Was a stonewaller............
Yip, a two handed push in the back. Clear as day. Had we had VAR up here that game would have been ours.
The day VAR comes to the scottish league is the day celtic, spfl and the smsm shit the bed. They know half the shit they get away with won't stand. Even if they have one of them running VAR its all in fucking video, they'd be screwed.

Reactions: VMS
We could have the best PR in the world to point out biased reporting etc.
The big question is how do you get the culprits to cover our criticism in a fair way or even at all?
Our PR team issues a press release, they simply ignore it, or more likely twist and distort what we are saying and ridicule it.

Just off the top of my head - I'd say 'Social Media' is the way to go. Exploit it, bombard it with messages, level charges, allegations, corrections, be relentless in calling out their fake news. Trust me, if you rattle their cage sufficiently, they'll have to respond.

But you must have the right people with the right skill-sets doing this. Please nobody mention Traynor in this context, he's exactly what we don't need.

Yip, a two handed push in the back. Clear as day. Had we had VAR up here that game would have been ours.
The day VAR comes to the scottish league is the day celtic, spfl and the smsm shit the bed. They know half the shit they get away with won't stand. Even if they have one of them running VAR its all in fucking video, they'd be screwed.

Sutton wanted Morelos booked for it.

We could have done it subtly and merely asked what punishment awaits the linesman. Remind the SFA that he failed in front of a UK wide audience.

I think your giving VAR far too much credence as the people who use it will still be the cowards that allow intimidation rule their decisions.
Some of the decisions in England are mind boggling, so you can only imagine what a feck up it would be up here.

There are a few points from this thread just worth repeating:

Incompetence/cheating needs to be addressed. We do it in every other walk of life.

When such incompetence/cheating costs us points and trophies, it directly costs Rangers money, therefore it becomes the responsibility of the Board to address it.

We have seen that complaining about refs DOES work -- it's entirely likely that if we had also been doing that (to the degree that others have done) we would have been ahead in the league and had that Cup in our trophy cabinets by now.

The lack of any sort of half-decent PR at our Club, in the face of what has happened to us in the last few years, is absolutely mind-fecking bewildering.

We keep saying it -- our own Club is either incompetent in this respect, or really worryingly just don't care (or possibly have been silenced somehow ??)

WHY is our Club the only one in the world that sits quietly when these things happen?
If that had been (for example) Liverpool that nonsense had happened to, they would have had their websites red hot with clips and stills and factually-backed comments.

I think your giving VAR far too much credence as the people who use it will still be the cowards that allow intimidation rule their decisions.
Some of the decisions in England are mind boggling, so you can only imagine what a feck up it would be up here.
Not really paid attention to it, but i dont understand how video evidence can possibly be argued with.

Though with var on sunday, that goal would have been disallowed and the penalty retaken, there could be no other decision.

No, but I want referees and poor decisions mentioned by Gerrard in every single press conference and interview he does between now and the 29th. How its cost us 2 points and a cup. How we need to make sure we "take the referee out of the equation" as Lennon put it. About needing to make sure we score at least 2 or 3 goals every game because we cant trust the officials and their decisions. Every single press conference.

No, but I want referees and poor decisions mentioned by Gerrard in every single press conference and interview he does between now and the 29th. How its cost us 2 points and a cup. How we need to make sure we "take the referee out of the equation" as Lennon put it. About needing to make sure we score at least 2 or 3 goals every game because we cant trust the officials and their decisions. Every single press conference.

There’s no other option.

It’s time for us to make sure that these cheating bastards know that they will be put under a magnifying glass and have every single decision they make in games which involve us scrutinised.

In the space of 1 week it’s cost us 2 points and a cup.

Time to fight fire with fire as it’s obviously the only language that the officials in this backwater shitehole of a country understand.

Reactions: TN8
They should say something - but they won't.

There is simply no reason not to give offside.

Another angle they could take is that there is no referees chief since John Fleming passed away. So, whoever gets the job, we would be willing to work with to improve the standard in our game.

I think not so much the standard but the style of refereeing is letting the Scottish game down.

It used to be the case that players coming to the UK were shocked at the physicality. No more! Well, not in England.

I normally have a beer on a Saturday evening. Put a coupon on for the 5:30 game. Meet friends. Have a blether.

One of the wee bets I put on is on "Red card". It never ever wins! There is barely a tackle in the English top flight these days. It's all pass, move, positioning, intercepting. Basically the rest of the world didn't adapt to the British game - the English game has adapted to the rest of the world. Scottish football remains "We play OUR way"...............and we can all see the success?

Talent in Scotland is booted out the game.

Don't get me wrong, if the likes of say Motherwell feel they can't match us skill wise and can only do it physically - then that is their right. However, the refs should be refereeing to the same standard as in Europe.

Our refs can't follow simple rules. Kamara's booking on Sunday was correct - but, when a Hamilton player does the same - if not worse - the other week, it's Morelos who gets booked for reacting. There is no excuse for that inconsistency - it's a FIFA directive.

Dignified silence is bad for our club’s wellbeing.

They tried to fućking kill us just less than 8 years ago, we should be a constant thorn in their side.
Dignified silence does not work in this day and age. It's that simple.

It used to - but now we have social media. Pundits galore.

In the last 10 days or so we have had:
A goal against Celtic disallowed for offside by a ref – not the linesman.
A stonewall penalty not given at Pittodrie
Tav hit by an “object” at Pittodrie – and the police taking NO FURTHER ACTION! Remember when a Linesman was hit by a coin at Livi last year???????
Booted off the park by Aberdeen. With Cosgrove having as many fouls as our entire team.
Celtic getting a last minute winner when there was fouls in the build up (I haven’t seen the goal – so, this is not necessarily my own opinion).
Lost to an offside goal on Sunday which was an easy decision for any linesman with at least 1 eye.
2 other penalties denied.
The worst cheat ever in Scottish football allowed free reign to have a go at our club on national TV.

I know Tav and Gerrard have mentioned it – but, it’s almost as if we now accept this.
When Pedro was there, one thing he got right was the referees! And the club shut him up.

Last edited:
Dignified silence does not work in this day and age. It's that simple.

It used to - but now we have social media. Pundits galore.

In the last 10 days or so we have had:
A goal against Celtic disallowed for offside by a ref – not the linesman.
A stonewall penalty not given at Pittodrie
Tav hit by an “object” at Pittodrie – and the police taking NO FURTHER ACTION! Remember when a Linesman was hit by a coin at Livi last year???????
Booted off the park by Aberdeen. With Cosgrove having as many fouls as our entire team.
Celtic getting a last minute winner when there was fouls in the build up (I haven’t seen the goal – so, this is not necessarily my own opinion).
Lost to an offside goal on Sunday which was an easy decision for any linesman with at least 1 eye.
2 other penalties denied.
The worst cheat ever in Scottish football allowed free reign to have a go at our club on national TV.

I know Tav and Gerrard have mentioned it – but, it’s almost as if we now accept this.
When Pedro was there, one thing he got right was the referees! And the club shut him up.
Just on your last sentence which is correct, the club is riddled from the top with people who believe this dignified nonsense is the only course of action and it’s sadly a thought process that has no place in today’s social media age.
What big business sits back in silence while allowing others to damage them unabated.

Statement. FFS we have people on here that love a statement. Remember the corker that came out after the cup final? What good did it do? Nothing. Unless you follow it up it is an empty gesture.

We blew it on Sunday. irrespective of the officials we had ton loads of chances and didn't take them, made the wrong subs and generally got it wrong.

this would be a smart way to go,of course the bigoted buffoons up here will mock him for it , but the english media will eventually run with it due to stevies profile down there, then the spotlight can be shone on the corruption from authorities and the turning a blind eye from scottish media

Back