Do we expect too much too quick

I think some of our expectations are way over the top, he's had one window and bought better than Warburton did,there are improvements,but he needs 2 more windows at least. I think we are in the right direction and he should be given time.

do we as a support demand too much,we all knew it was going to be a long road back to the very top,I for one think we have improved from Warburtons team,on Sunday we were caught woefully short in the physical battle,it will take time or a good few million quid but we will get there

"Do we expect too much too quick"
- generally speaking, yes, we do. But the mitigating circumstances are (and I know I'm preaching to the converted here) that based on our history as the world's most successful club it follows that our rightful place is at the top. We're not there at the moment and so it's a difficult time for all.

When our current circumstances are coupled with the need for instant gratification and/or hijacked by the special hunk brigade (look out for posts containing the phrase "Some on here...") it can be difficult to enter into adult, mature debate. But regardless, we'll eventually get back to where we belong.

I didn't expect to be going for 55 last season and I didn't expect to be challenging them this season.
But I do expect to beat a Luxembourg pub team, I do expect to have seen some structure or style to our play and I do expect our team not to meekly surrender to Motherwell in s/f's.

The results and performances since Pedro has come in speak for themselves, he is not the man for the job and the longer he hang's on the deeper the hole will be and more costly to fix this self evident mistake.

I think some of our expectations are way over the top, he's had one window and bought better than Warburton did,there are improvements,but he needs 2 more windows at least. I think we are in the right direction and he should be given time.

Giving him 2 more windows would be catastrophic.

I actually think we are far worse than Warburtons team. Warburtons team put Celtic out of cup competition playing a decent style of football. This team has suffered our biggest defeat to Celtic and don't appear to be anywhere near challenging them and that's after a good few million has been invested in playing staff.

Delusional. We didn't play decent football at all, it was turgid and ineffective most of the time and signing Garner to play as a false nine was pure lunacy.

How long is that excuse viable for? Pedro isn't going to take us forward, it doesn't make you any less staunch by seeing what is in front of your eyes and accepting it.
That excuse will last until we reach the standard we once were. Step by step we will improve and Pedro has improved us, no doubt, not by much, but every step brings us closer. If we had more cash, it could come quicker.

That excuse will last until we reach the standard we once were. Step by step we will improve and Pedro has improved us, no doubt, not by much, but every step brings us closer. If we had more cash, it could come quicker.

That's valid insight, but also far, far too subtle for most supporters to appreciate.

I can see improvement, without doubt, on last season. Problem is the inconsistency.
If Pedro can sort that out and start with beating the teams that we should be beating - like Motherwell - then we'd not be too far away.

Thing about Pedro is that he is learning. It didn't take him long to tune in to the mhedia and their pathetic agenda. I reckon he could coax a bit more out of the group, but we just need to be playing a wee bit cuter as well.

Remember under Warburton getting humped 4-1 off Ian Cathro’s Hearts? You think we’re worse than that???
Yes I do unfortunately, I'm not promoting Warburton as being a good manager but I think his teams that he put together at a fraction of what Pedro has had wouldn't have lost to a part time team from Luxembourg.

Delusional. We didn't play decent football at all, it was turgid and ineffective most of the time and signing Garner to play as a false nine was pure lunacy.
You may think so but with the backing Pedro has had I think we should be expecting better than sitting 6 points behind Aberdeen and being beaten in a semifinal by Motherwell. I think its delusional to think Pedro will turn it round as every big test we've faced we've lost.

It's utter nonsense like this that I really struggle with.

We are a better team than anything Warburton put together and anyone who can't see that really shouldn't be listened to about football.
What results have we had under Pedro that backs this up. People can bury their head in the sand if they wish but football is a results driven business and under Pedro the results have been nothing short of embarrassing.

My opinion is that we're way behind where we should be at this stage.

Warburton was an absolute disaster last season, a total write off. Pedro came in & had time to assess the squad & see where we needed to strengthen.

This summer we've spent the best part of £6milion on our squad & had a piss poor return on it.

Guys like Alves, Dorrans, even Cardroso I expected to come in & totally dominate games. Yet when the going gets tough & big games come around we look as mentally & physically weak as last seasons team. Morelos, Candeias & the emergence of McCrorie have been a positive for me.

I can't help feel a better manager who can set up & organise a team would get so much more out of our underperformers, guys who I've mentioned above are playing within themselves.

If we continue at this rate it's going to be two seasons completely wasted back in the top flight which is criminal.

What results have we had under Pedro that backs this up. People can bury their head in the sand if they wish but football is a results driven business and under Pedro the results have been nothing short of embarrassing.

So if that's the case then how do you explain the fact Pedro's team has more points and has scored more goals than Warburtons had at the same stage last season?

Nobody is burying their head in the sand about where we are right now but saying utter nonsense like Warburtons team were better does nobody any favours.

It's all about opinions but I believe that with the backing Pedro has had we should be fairing a darn sight better than we are. All I'm saying regarding Warburtons teams that they wouldn't be put out to minnows from Luxembourg. We have suffered our most embarrassing defeats under Pedro and it really doesn't look like changing anytime soon.

do we as a support demand too much,we all knew it was going to be a long road back to the very top,I for one think we have improved from Warburtons team,on Sunday we were caught woefully short in the physical battle,it will take time or a good few million quid but we will get there

Pretty much I agree. There is no quick fix back to instant success that so many are demanding.

It's all about opinions but I believe that with the backing Pedro has had we should be fairing a darn sight better than we are. All I'm saying regarding Warburtons teams that they wouldn't be put out to minnows from Luxembourg. We have suffered our most embarrassing defeats under Pedro and it really doesn't look like changing anytime soon.

Ah right ok.

So now that I proved you wrong, you're changing the argument?

Would a warburton team have went out to a team from Luxembourg? Probably not. But if we played that tie again 10 times, I'm confident we'd go through every time. It was a freak result, a humiliating freak result but a freak result none the less.

Ah right ok.

So now that I proved you wrong, you're changing the argument?

Would a warburton team have went out to a team from Luxembourg? Probably not. But if we played that tie again 10 times, I'm confident we'd go through every time. It was a freak result, a humiliating freak result but a freak result none the less.
You never proved me wrong and I'm certainly not arguing. I'm simply stating that results under Pedro have been embarrassing and not good enough especially after being heavily backed by the board. You are stating there is improvements from Warburtons team last season and I genuinely don't think there is.

I expect to beat the likes of Progres in a European competition and Motherwell in a cup semi final.

I expect our players to be fired up for games, switched on - ready...

I also expect our home record to be better than what it’s been.

I also expect Rangers to win at least three games on the bounce.

Is that too much to ask for?
Not it is not,
Dare I say it's the least we should expect at this time.

We need to get perspective. We should be beating Motherwell. Expecting to beat a team put together for a fraction of ours is not asking too much.
It wasn't Celtic who beat us.
Fans have every right to be angry and to criticise the players and management

You are right , it wasn't Celtic who beat us, it was a cheat of a referee and a thugish team!

W.A.T.P.

I think we definitely expect too much but that’s part of who we are. I don’t think the demands should change but perhaps a little more realism would be wise.

What I definitely think is, although tour budget is strongly second in the country, we don’t have that in-built absolute right to win 90% of game any more which I attribute to not just ability but significantly mentality too.

We always talk about a gap with the poets. Maybe we should also talk about the gap between Rangers and the rest. Rangers fans would (quietly) accept, on the very short term, a small gap between us and them. But what we need to realise is that there isn’t that historical gap between us and the rest - we are currently one of the best of the rest but they all see us as totally beatable on their day. That’s a product of us having to truly rebuild.

We’ve all watched enough football to know that money doesn’t instantly transfer to a league position. If it was we could predict the league table before the season starts.

Sensible comment, We WILL get there but as you say it takes time. Even top players need time to blend into a team and not all top players can automatically fit in with the players around them.

W.A.T.P.

Is it to much to expect second place? To beat Motherwell in the cup? Beat a team from Luxembourg in the qualifiers? Win three games in a row? I don't think so, as far as making progress from last season?! We haven't really IMO.

You never proved me wrong and I'm certainly not arguing. I'm simply stating that results under Pedro have been embarrassing and not good enough especially after being heavily backed by the board. You are stating there is improvements from Warburtons team last season and I genuinely don't think there is.

Well you say the results under Pedro have been embarrassing yet he has us ahead of where Warburton had us last season, so how are Warburtons team better, and what would you call the results under Warburton then?

Remember that Warburton had us drawing at home to Hamilton and Ross County and also got us hammered 5-1 away to Celtic.

The nail has been hit on the head when someone said he hasn’t won any emotional games.

The fans need to feel invested in the club, the fans need to feel like like the players hurt like they do, want to win like they do and more importantly have the passion that they do for the club and that’s why so many want Pedro to succeed he appears to get ‘it’.

However for me there is a but and it’s a big BUT as well as not winning the emotional games we are starting to drop points elsewhere we are struggling to beat teams that we should be sweeping aside and it being put down to us ‘being on a journey’ I was told earlier this week on here we don’t have a divine right to win games and while that’s right we do have a right to expect players to go out and leave everything on the pitch and I honestly don’t think anybody can say that is happening just now

Simple answer is yes, we have a support half full of spoiled brats, who expect to get what they want immediately, its all a bit 'playgroundish'.

Unfortunately, it can end in a manager leaving/being sacked.................a bit like the PLG situation.

Everybody knew we that we faced an uphill struggle, however the board have certainly put there hands in there pockets to try and ensure sufficient progress this season.

In relation to the playing side we are clearly lacking, I cannot agree that we are progressing , I base this on the fact that the manager has spent a substantial amount on players which in theory should have reaped the benefits by now.

Our inability to compete on Sunday once we went a goal down was cringeworthy, If progress is spending over £2 million on Pena then we are f***ed.

Results will cause Pedro to fall on his sword at some point, however some of his signings should also be taken into account.

Well you say the results under Pedro have been embarrassing yet he has us ahead of where Warburton had us last season, so how are Warburtons team better, and what would you call the results under Warburton then?

Remember that Warburton had us drawing at home to Hamilton and Ross County and also got us hammered 5-1 away to Celtic.
You're trying to turn this into a who was better between Warburton and Pedro when neither have been good enough to be our manager. We invested the best part of £10m and can't beat Motherwell and currently sit 6 points behind Aberdeen. Under Pedro we have suffered some of the worst results in our entire history and if you feel we've improved fine but I don't. What's your opinion on Pedro signing Pena for an estimated £3.5m when we could have had Walker,Naismith and Moult for the same outlay.

I didn't expect to be going for 55 last season and I didn't expect to be challenging them this season.
But I do expect to beat a Luxembourg pub team, I do expect to have seen some structure or style to our play and I do expect our team not to meekly surrender to Motherwell in s/f's.

The results and performances since Pedro has come in speak for themselves, he is not the man for the job and the longer he hang's on the deeper the hole will be and more costly to fix this self evident mistake.
Your expectations are in line with most fans sir. Those ones are far from unreasonable.

Remember under Warburton getting humped 4-1 off Ian Cathro’s Hearts? You think we’re worse than that???

Warburton’s team who done Dundee 4-0 at Ibrox in that cup game would have beaten the Rangers team that took to the park on Sunday.

I can’t quite believe I’ve said that, but it did come into conversation in the pub after and I reckon they’d be too slick for them.

Back