Do we have 5 games breathing space??

Some are about to become even more edgy should the bheggars take three points on Wednesday at Livingston, which they will IMO. They aren't going to drop points in every match. People need to stop thinking that way.

All we can do is get back to winning ways on Saturday and take it from there.

21 points tonight, could be 18 tomorrow at worst. 18 points is a gap no one would have predicted back in August.

Flip this, and look at it logically, would we expect to catch an unbeaten Tims team 21 points ahead of us??
IIRC last season we were 13 points behind but if we won the 2 remaining games versus c*ltc it would have been 7 points of a difference.
I for one was not convinced it was over and was pissed that they were awarded the title!

Present situation is similar - effectively a 12 point difference with 2 Old Firm games to come.
A long way to go and we cannot count our chickens!

A team with an 88% win record in the league needs to drop to a 64% win ratio in their remaining games, whilst a team with a 62% win record so far needs to go up to a 100% win record.
Precisely the need for the management team NOT to have the laissez-faire attitude towards the remaining fixtures that has become the in thing across Rangers social media. Anyone who happens to recognise that the league is not won is branded a panty-wetter, mocked and ridiculed.

We will win the league but not just by turning up and we sure as hell should never write that mob off. We all remember what happened when they turned up for a party at Ibrox and on a certain Sunday just a few weeks later we were celebrating like never before.

Sundays game still annoys me. Regardless of what is said about motherwell having a new manager 'bounce' or whatever, they were still bottom of the league for a reason. We should have dealt with them. I hope the players have had a shock and don't repeat that performance again or things could get a bit twitchy.

Some are about to become even more edgy should the bheggars take three points on Wednesday at Livingston, which they will IMO. They aren't going to drop points in every match. People need to stop thinking that way.

All we can do is get back to winning ways on Saturday and take it from there.

21 points tonight, could be 18 tomorrow at worst. 18 points is a gap no one would have predicted back in August.
I agree with your post in general.

I’m not a drama queen though, so my take is different to those you describe.

Whilst they won’t drop points every game, tomorrow is a prime candidate IMO. I feel there is just as good a chance they will drop points as win. Livi are more than capable of getting something tomorrow.

However, should they win, it won’t unduly bother me. We already have the points on the board. So they don’t gain an advantage by winning is my perspective. They just have a stay of execution. Before their title hopes are officially over.

Winning a game in hand when we already have those 3 points in the bag isnt advantage them. It’s just one of 3 occasions where they need to make sure they don’t further increase their disadvantage.

I stated after the old firm they would definitely drop points in at least one of the 3 games of Hibs, Livi, Livi. So far has been perfect though as they dropped points in the two home games with arguably the hardest game to go.

Tomorrow in a way is almost a “no win” situation for them. They get 3 points? Whoop de do. They’re now only 18 points behind. Hilarious

Precisely the need for the management team NOT to have the laissez-faire attitude towards the remaining fixtures that has become the in thing across Rangers social media. Anyone who happens to recognise that the league is not won is branded a panty-wetter, mocked and ridiculed.

We will win the league but not just by turning up and we sure as hell should never write that mob off. We all remember what happened when they turned up for a party at Ibrox and on a certain Sunday just a few weeks later we were celebrating like never before.
And rightly so.

I see you are one of those confused individuals who thinks your or my posts on FF have any effect on Gerrard, Tav or Goldson.

Livi have a cup semi on Sunday ( remember them)
I believe they might rest half their team
Sundays their biggest game in a long time.
Was it known that Livi were in the semi final prior to this fixture being rearranged? Maybe the scum hand picked this date for that very reason.

After they dropped points to Hibs last week, I sat and tried to justify to myself a realistic scenario in which they catch us and I just couldn’t do it.

Since then, the gap has stayed the same with a further game ticked off. I don’t want to get ahead of myself but I just can’t see them doing what they need to do, regardless of what we do.

A comfortable win for us and a good performance on Saturday will go a long way to settling everybody’s nerves.

Really? I think they’ll win it comfortably obviously I hope not.
They lost and drew on their visits there last season with their strongest team, including a far superior goalkeeper to what they have now, and were on a good run of form before both matches. They play this one after 2 training sessions in almost a fortnight, Duffy at the centre of their defence, a pick n mix goalie, main striker who has scored 2 goals from open play all season, having won 2 points from their last 9, with their key players all wanting out and heading into their last 18 months of their contracts. Add in the predicted weather, the pitch, Livingston's form and the fact they were extremely lucky to escape with a point at home to the same opposition just a few days ago and I'd very much like to know your reasoning and confidence that they'll win, and win comfortably at that.

After they dropped points to Hibs last week, I sat and tried to justify to myself a realistic scenario in which they catch us and I just couldn’t do it.

Since then, the gap has stayed the same with a further game ticked off. I don’t want to get ahead of myself but I just can’t see them doing what they need to do, regardless of what we do.

A comfortable win for us and a good performance on Saturday will go a long way to settling everybody’s nerves.

My nerves are pretty settled.

Breathing space in a title race is just a term of lunacy.
We are either set up to go into every game as if it is a cup final or we are going to win fckall.

We play like the next three points are the most important points of all in the season and we do this with every game as it comes around until one day, we don't have to because the league is in the bag.

Any other approach is, as I have said, ... just fckn lunacy.

Breathing space is a term I would set fire to and when I had destroyed it, I would bury it a thousand feet below the surface of my reality.
It is the term of losers!

Some people are struggling to work out basic maths...and I can't even blame the schools!

d9aa270c9e9fefdd6534b08ed96140da.gif

And rightly so.

I see you are one of those confused individuals who thinks your or my posts on FF have any effect on Gerrard, Tav or Goldson.
Perhaps not FF but it would be naive to think the players don't read the more prominent social media/mainstream media which is now driven by social media. The rhetoric very firmly across all platforms is that the league is done and dusted. It is very far from done and dusted. I'm pretty certain Gerrard, Tav and Goldson all know that and thankfully take a very different line from those who are popping champagne, sparking cigars and stocking up on fireworks. Good luck to anyone that does, as I said I'm certain they'll be proven right but it doesn't mean anyone should get abuse from fellow bears for holding off celebrating because they know the pitfalls.

Perhaps not FF but it would be naive to think the players don't read the more prominent social media/mainstream media which is now driven by social media. The rhetoric very firmly across all platforms is that the league is done and dusted. It is very far from done and dusted. I'm pretty certain Gerrard, Tav and Goldson all know that and thankfully take a very different line from those who are popping champagne, sparking cigars and stocking up on fireworks. Good luck to anyone that does, as I said I'm certain they'll be proven right but it doesn't mean anyone should get abuse from fellow bears for holding off celebrating because they know the pitfalls.
Agreed. I won’t be celebrating until we reach the stage where only a monumental collapse would lose us the title, and I do t think we’re at that stage yet!
The mhedia rhetoric is that we have a 21pt lead and this has never been blown before, bull****, it’s a 12pt gap. Keep ticking off one win at a time until we reach that magical number, what that mob do is irrelevant for now. I’ve convinced myself that they will go on a run, siege mentality etc will kick in at some point. It’s all about us and I’m sure this will be well drilled into the players!

I don't like the way , all and sundry in the media appear to have said the league is over. As long as the players don't think this and use dropped points at Fir Park as a wake up call .

So as you admit the players and the managers are too professional to be thinking the same, even if they read these posts which is highly debatabl, then what are you worried about.

Far too many on here give far too much credence to their own contribution as a social media influencer and how that impacts Rangers employees.

Agreed. I won’t be celebrating until we reach the stage where only a monumental collapse would lose us the title, and I do t think we’re at that stage yet!
The mhedia rhetoric is that we have a 21pt lead and this has never been blown before, bull****, it’s a 12pt gap. Keep ticking off one win at a time until we reach that magical number, what that mob do is irrelevant for now. I’ve convinced myself that they will go on a run, siege mentality etc will kick in at some point. It’s all about us and I’m sure this will be well drilled into the players!
There is no sensible argument that it is 12 points.

We are talking about a team who have dropped points in over a third of their league games this season. So you cannot just award the, 3 wins from 3 games in a hand.

How do the OGAAT crowd justify not applying the same logic to Celtic. For Rangers it’s OGAAT but for Celtic it’s award them 3 win at a time? Bit of cognitive dissonance going on here.

For a Rangers side to have so many players who haven't yet really won anything is unusual. I just want to see this particular side get over the line as soon as posssible; in that context there is no breathing space.

There is no sensible argument that it is 12 points.

We are talking about a team who have dropped points in over a third of their league games this season. So you cannot just award the, 3 wins from 3 games in a hand.

How do the OGAAT crowd justify not applying the same logic to Celtic. For Rangers it’s OGAAT but for Celtic it’s award them 3 win at a time? Bit of cognitive dissonance going on here.
I’m not saying they will win all 3 games in reality. But to assume they won’t, thus maintaining a larger gap, has the greater potential for complacency to creep into the squad - a 21pt gap is insurmountable whereas a 12pt gap isn’t. This, of course, leads back to the mentality of our squad again. Keep doing our part and whatever they do is an irrelevance, I just think it keeps us more on our toes to assume they will win these games in hand.

Are the mentally challengeds still self isolating? Livi couldn’t score against a team full of their reserves.
Alternatively they scored twice v their best team at shark head and are now playing a home game against a Celtic team in worse form then when they scored 2 away against them

So as you admit the players and the managers are too professional to be thinking the same, even if they read these posts which is highly debatabl, then what are you worried about.

Far too many on here give far too much credence to their own contribution as a social media influencer and how that impacts Rangers employees.
We know they interact with fans/social media (think Goldson the first time we took the knee as a team and the reaction). The print/msm also reflects what we think and they certainly will be aware of what is going on there.

They're all human beings. It is natural that they will sometimes feel pressure knowing what the club has been through and our aims, or complacent when they are being talked up as champions elect when the reality is that we are still some distance away.

Mainly though the situation is still very unpredictable and we don't know how things will go if we have positive tests / isolations at key moments. We simply shouldn't take anything for granted IMO, that's all.

Back