Do we have 5 games breathing space??

That’s fine to explain that in your terms. I get that.

Those who argue definitively that they will 100% win their games in hand cannot be taken seriously though. That does not make sense as a logical point of view based on the most current and relevant available evidence.

To be fair that was our argument last season, and your approach theirs.

If we win our games in hand and win the games against them it’s only x points.

I think if people looked at this logically and tried to remove emotion from the situation they would see there is almost no chance Celtic win this and they would be far happier.

Imagine this was a league in another country.

Say Barcelona and Real Madrid most years in Spain.

Real are 21 points ahead. Have just won 15 games in a row. Are unbeaten in the league and Europe. Have only lost one match all season in the least important competition of the season when they didn’t play their first XI.

By contrast, Barcelona are in complete meltdown. They have 3 games in hand, but have won only 6 of their last 20 games. Had a horror show of a mid season break. Took just 2 points from their last 7. Are a shadow of their former selves and look generally incapable of winning 2 or 3 games in a row. Never mind going the remainder of the league season unbeaten.

Any of you giving Barcelona any chance in hell in this situation?

I think if people looked at this logically and tried to remove emotion from the situation they would see there is almost no chance Celtic win this and they would be far happier.

Imagine this was a league in another country.

Say Barcelona and Real Madrid most years in Spain.

Real are 21 points ahead. Have just won 15 games in a row. Are unbeaten in the league and Europe. Have only lost one match all season in the least important competition of the season when they didn’t play their first XI.

By contrast, Barcelona are in complete meltdown. They have 3 games in hand, but have won only 6 of their last 20 games. Had a horror show of a mid season break. Took just 2 points from their last 7. Are a shadow of their former selves and look generally incapable of winning 2 or 3 games in a row. Never mind going the remainder of the league season unbeaten.

Any of you giving Barcelona any chance in hell in this situation?
The only slight difference is that the spfl is full of diddy teams that if Celtic play at 75% they will win those games

Game after the split im unsure about is Livi, if we were to play them at home again it would make us have 20 home games and 18 away for the season, or the reverse could be true but that would mean we've played them 3 times away.

There is absolutely no excuse not to get 10+ wins from that, the only games that should be in any sort of contention are the old firm games and maybe hibs and livi away.

In comparison Celtic still have away trips to Us, Aberdeen, Hibs, Livi (twice), Dundee United, Kilmarnock, St Mirren and St Johnstone
As it stands we’ll be due 4 home games after the split, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs and Livingston. We will only get three home games we’ll be playing either Hibs Livi or Aberdeen away three times this year

Celtic are the opposite. They are meant to play away against those three teams and us so they will benefit from getting an extra home game against Livi, Aberdeen or Hibs.

Completely depends on how the Old Firms go.
As long as we don’t lose out points wise in them (say two draws or a win each) we would need to lose 4 additional games for it to come down to goal difference (if they also won every single game apart from that).

If they somehow beat us twice and win every other game we can only lose two other times or draw three more times for it to be goal difference. If they win one and we draw the other we can only lose 3 others.

If we get more points than them in the old firms (two wins or even a win and draw) then we have even more breathing space obvs.
Hopefully done by the last OF

The team just needs to empty the tank and play at a high tempo for every game now. We are practically every weekend now. There's no scope or sentiment now. We need to be ruthless and relentless.

If we drop points in 2 of the next 6 or 7 games then I think we'll be in for a nervy finish, especially with Parkhead before the split where anything could happen.

The truth is I still don't think we can afford to give them any sniff of hope, momentum is massive in football as we've found out the hard way in the last couple of seasons.

I'm definitely not in the 'it's over' camp.

Hibs and Livingston couldn't beat a covid ravished bheggars side. Celtic had 7 touches inside the box and Hibs still needed a last minute equaliser.

Livingston couldn't hit a cows arse at the piggery. The standard is appalling, pathetic - no team other than ourselves can defeat them.

We've just got to get back to winning ways on Saturday - then it's a game less to play with three more points on the board edging us that bit closer, and I certainly won't be looking it as us having breathing space - that's when complacency sets in. It's far from over.

We focus on ourselves, we remain switched on, professional, organised, disciplined and we roll our sleeves up and dig deep for what's now the business end of the season. Champions bounce back from a set back and show the rest of the country why they are in that position.

If we drop points in 2 of the next 6 or 7 games then I think we'll be in for a nervy finish, especially with Parkhead before the split where anything could happen.

The truth is I still don't think we can afford to give them any sniff of hope, momentum is massive in football as we've found out the hard way in the last couple of seasons.

I'm definitely not in the 'it's over' camp.

When that mob start losing games I'll feel more confident. They've only lost to us all season.

Lennon has given up in t e title

his players will be going through the motions till the end of of the season

they will lose tomorrow imo

Lennon will be gone Thursday

they are in turmoil

they are in real trouble and it’s only going to get worse

I actually felt odd on Sunday, even before the game I felt it didn’t matter one way or another. I think I was shell shocked at how shite Celtic really are. It’s a big gap tbh. I also think that first half was a wake up call for the fans too.

When that mob start losing games I'll feel more confident. They've only lost to us all season.
To be honest any dropped points for them is great for us.

I wish I could enjoy this more but im still on edge and I think that's down to Gerrard & this teams track record in previous seasons.

It worries me that Tavs went off the boil and doesn't look as dangerous.
It worries me that our overall performance has dipped of late.
It worries me that Arfield is out for the foreseeable.
It worries me our fitness levels seem to have dropped and we aren't pressing with intensity.

Yes winning 15 straight has been incredible and of course it's highly probable we'll win the league but there have been signs of late that we're allowing teams to drag us down their level which is my main concern.

I don't think any Rangers fan who raises concern this season when performance levels drop should be getting shot down or called a panty wetter (worst patter of all time), I think it's only natural and until this team and manager can prove they can get over the line then I don't see that changing.

I wish I could enjoy this more but im still on edge and I think that's down to Gerrard & this teams track record in previous seasons.

It worries me our fitness levels seem to have dropped and we aren't pressing with intensity.

Yes winning 15 straight has been incredible and of course it's highly probable we'll win the league but there have been signs of late that we're allowing teams to drag us down their level which is my main concern.

I don't think any Rangers fan who raises concern this season when performance levels drop should be getting shot down or called a panty wetter (worst patter of all time), I think it's only natural and until this team and manager can prove they can get over the line then I don't see that changing.

We have a right to have concerns after we tailed off last season, even more so when the Manager needs to give the team a bollocking after repeated slow starts and poor first half performances. This is the time to be nailing the Peasant coffin lid down firmly shut.

For those who haven’t been paying attention this season they have failed to take maximum points in 38% of games this season.

This obsession with games lost is utterly meaningless really.

Tired of saying this, but a draw is as much use as a defeat to the Old Firm clubs at the best of times. But for them, currently being 21 points behind, a draw is absolutely catastrophic.

I repeat, they have failed to win THIRTY EIGHT PERCENT of their league games this season. And they, yes that is Celtic not Rangers, have zero margin for error. Zero. They basically have to win every game from now until the end of the season. And even then that might not be enough.

Celtic are a good team, they should be given nine years free run at CL funding. I love the banter laughing at them In Dubai but we still need to rock up every weekend and nail three points.

in my head we will get three points from the next two old firm games so need to be relentless against the rest,

This Rangers team has won the centre of a doughnut. That’s probably why some fans are reluctant to get the party started.
A sensible, logical, thinker updates their views based on the most up to date and pertinent information. Everything points to a comfortable Rangers title win. Those who think logically not emotionally can see this.

I actually felt odd on Sunday, even before the game I felt it didn’t matter one way or another. I think I was shell shocked at how shite Celtic really are. It’s a big gap tbh. I also think that first half was a wake up call for the fans too.
I can empathise with this. Yes it was annoying not win. Ultimately I knew it means %^*& all in terms of the destination of the title.

If people are going to overreact to the situation panty wetter feels entirely appropriate to me. That’s pretty much what the term means, overreacting in embarrassing fashion.

We have a right to have concerns after we tailed off last season, even more so when the Manager needs to give the team a bollocking after repeated slow starts and poor first half performances. This is the time to be nailing the Peasant coffin lid down firmly shut.
It is nailed down firmly. This points gap is pretty unprecedented in recent years when the two teams have invested heavily.

Appreciate people wanting to keep their powder dry, because nothing is won yet, etc.

One game at a time, tick them off as we go, absolutely.

But if you are actively worrying right now, then you are beyond help.

We won't enjoy such a big gap for a long time after this season. Hope we do, but they don't tend to come along that often.

It is nailed down firmly. This points gap is pretty unprecedented in recent years when the two teams have invested heavily.
I had a feeling you might respond to that post :)) .

I get it mate, looking at it logically there's almost no reason to have any concern but unfortunately I do.

It's actually pretty mental because i remember being pretty chilled (for the most part) when Walters teams would drop points during his second spell because I knew come May that squad thrived under the pressure.

Compare that teams consistency to our current teams and it's night & day in favour of Gerrards guys but it comes down to a matter of trust and in my opinion our current manager & squad have still.to earn that.

If people are going to overreact to the situation panty wetter feels entirely appropriate to me. That’s pretty much what the term means, overreacting in embarrassing fashion.
To be honest reading your posts have actually calmed me down a wee bit lol. I fecking hope your right

In this league, a run of draws for us can f*ck you up if the other lot keep winning. That would be a more likely scenario than us losing, what, 4 games.

As things stand, they are more likely than us to draw games, so it should work in our favour.

Outwith us if they play anywhere near to their best they will win their games easily
You said if they play at 75% they will win.

They’ve been giving their best al, season and not won nearly 40% of games.

There is no good logical argument to support your contention.

We’ve won nothing before now and only a few weeks ago blew another chance of silverware. How can everything point to the run in being comfortable?!

Btw, I actually enjoy the nervousness of it all but I hope you’re right.
We have lost one competitive game all season.
We have won all but 3 league games.
We have a minimum of a 12 point advantage in the league. As much as 21 points. No one who says a team that has won 6 of their last 20 and has failed to win nearly 40% of league games this season will definitely take 9 from 9 in their games in hand can be taken seriously.
We are the best team in the country, objectively, by quite some distance.
There are so many good arguments, based on the most up to date evidence - I.e. this season, rather than 1 or 2 years ago - why we will go on to win it and so few why we won’t.
A team with an 88% win record in the league needs to drop to a 64% win ratio in their remaining games, whilst a team with a 62% win record so far needs to go up to a 100% win record.

We have 14 games left to play - we need 31 points for 55
That is the absolute maximum requirement. Should we not lose twice to the filth then lesser totals will apply, for example 7 wins and 7 draws wins the title.

For the equivalent comparison they need 58 points from 17 games :))

For those who haven’t been paying attention this season they have failed to take maximum points in 38% of games this season.

This obsession with games lost is utterly meaningless really.

Tired of saying this, but a draw is as much use as a defeat to the Old Firm clubs at the best of times. But for them, currently being 21 points behind, a draw is absolutely catastrophic.

I repeat, they have failed to win THIRTY EIGHT PERCENT of their league games this season. And they, yes that is Celtic not Rangers, have zero margin for error. Zero. They basically have to win every game from now until the end of the season. And even then that might not be enough.
Totally agree, they have to win 17 games on the bounce, including beating us twice, reduce a goal difference of 23 to +1, and hope that we lose another two games. If we had to do that I would be waving the white flag. I will of course be happier when Jack, Arfield and Roofe are back and we start to up the pace again.

We don't have any breathing space we have a trophy to win focus on winning game after game until it's in the bag

The one’s who appear mentally tortured are the OGAAT fairies. Throwing salt over their shoulder, blessing themselves and Rangers, praying to every deity and generally shitting their pants anytime any fan online mentions a game 2 or 3 down the line.

Those who dont ascribe to the OGAAT doctrine and don’t self flagellate any time they even think of a game beyond the next one are the people who seem more chilled out, relaxed and enjoying life.
Tell you what - I just hope that the management and players are OGAAT fairies.

That is the absolute maximum requirement. Should we not lose twice to the filth then lesser totals will apply, for example 7 wins and 7 draws wins the title.

For the equivalent comparison they need 58 points from 17 games :))
That is correct - 31 points from 14 games presupposes them unbeaten. Every 2 or 3 points they drop reduces our target. If they lose tomorrow then 28 will do us or 29 if they draw.

Tell you what - I just hope that the management and players are OGAAT fairies.
There’s a false assumption on here that building up every run of the mill league game as do or die will facilitate better performances.

The opposite is true.

If players are convinced any slip is fatal, they will be more likely to freeze and under perform.

They will go out, prepare as they have all season and win the league.

But it will have fcuk all to do with the loonies on here demanding all fans don’t enjoy our current dominant position and don’t talk about any game beyond the next.

So, personally I hope the players and coaching staff don’t have the mentality of the lunatic fringe on here.

I know we obviously play the same matches as them.over the course of a season

But it must be an optical illusion that they always seem to have a run of games against the bottom six coming up

Not helped by back to back games against the sheep which is six points in the bag

I reckon the League was done and dusted if we had won on Sunday. 23 points ahead would have been the psychological knockout blow, imo. No way were they coming back from that.

I see it a bit differently.

We came out of the OF match 10 points ahead (minimum).
Heading into two tough away fixtures against Aberdeen and Motherwell while Timmy has their Dubai trip and Hibs + Livi at home.

We are now a further 2 points clear.

There's a million ways of looking at it.
Timmy keeper punches that cross clear against Hibs. 1-0 Tims.
Defoe's shot goes in on 90+ minutes. 2-1 us.
Same points difference right now.

They would 100% have hoped we drop something in those away games.
As it turned out we did. They dropped 4 points at home though.

Back