Do we have a new strategy for PR?

cooprfc

For years we have complained that we stayed silent while they wheeled out their ex players etc to set the narrative.

In recent weeks and months, guys like Boyd have been far more vocal and on our side while we are seeing a greater presence of our ex players and staff "on message" in the media with McAuley and Walter being the latest.

McCoist, in particular, has been very outspoken and has spoken of asteriiks against titles.

Just seems different and very like how they do it. Perhaps ties in with the new PR appointment.

For years we have complained that we stayed silent while they wheeled out their ex players etc to set the narrative.

In recent weeks and months, guys like Boyd have been far more vocal and on our side while we are seeing a greater presence of our ex players and staff "on message" in the media with McAuley and Walter being the latest.

McCoist, in particular, has been very outspoken and has spoken of asteriiks against titles.

Just seems different and very like how they do it. Perhaps ties in with the new PR appointment.
Hopefully all our big name greats speak out and let that corrupt cabal know that every sly or twisted move they make is being noted and make them feel like their jackets are on shaky nails .

Wouldn't get carried away.
A few weeks ago after that clown Rod Stewart was banging on about them and their title party line in the papers McCoist was on Talksport and they brought on Rod.
McCoist was Sir Rod this and Sir Rod that, he had the chance to nail him to the wall and never challenged him on the tainted title.
Im not a McCoist basher i love Super Ally but i was very, very disappointed with him that morning.
Ally just wast wants to be everyone's pal.

Wouldn't get carried away.
A few weeks ago after that clown Rod Stewart was banging on about them and their title party line in the papers McCoist was on Talksport and they brought on Rod.
McCoist was Sir Rod this and Sir Rod that, he had the chance to nail him to the wall and never challenged him on the tainted title.
Im not a McCoist basher i love Super Ally but i was very, very disappointed with him that morning.
Ally just wast wants to be everyone's pal.

I can only assume you don't listen regularly mate. He has said loads including, yesterday not for the first time, that the title should have an asteriks.

I can only assume you don't listen regularly mate. He has said loads including, yesterday not for the first time, that the title should have an asteriks.

I don't listen every morning but iv'e heard him say on a few occasions about the asterix but that's always to Laura Woods don't know if he's had words with Brazil about it.
As i said Rod Stewart was on and he had been saying Rangers should concede the title or something and called Rangers childish.
Next day as i said McCoist is on and they bring on Stewart. Ally should have ripped into him even in a polite way but it was sickening listening to him fawning over Stewart.
I was very angry with McCoist at this.

Last edited:
What has it got to do with our PR department what McCoist, Boyd, McAuley or whoever has to say in public?

They are not employed by the club and I doubt they would get briefed on what to say.

I don’t see what it’s got to do with our new PR strategy.

I don't listen every morning but iv'e heard him say on a few occasions about the asterix but that's always to Laura Woods don't know if he's had words with Brazil about it.
As i said Rod Stewart was on and he had been saying Rangers should concede the title or something and called Rangers childish.
Next day as i said McCoist is on and they bring on Stewart. Ally should have ripped into him even in a polite way but it was sickening listening to him fawning over Stewart.
I was very angry with McCoist at this.
What he should've done is tell one of the most famous people who contact his show he was talking shite and %^*& off and got sacked. Away and grow up

What has it got to do with our PR department what McCoist, Boyd, McAuley or whoever has to say in public?

They are not employed by the club and I doubt they would get briefed on what to say.

I don’t see what it’s got to do with our new PR strategy.
It’s good to keep ex players up to speed and on message. That’s part of any good football PR, the Mhanks are very good at it

It won't be a PR masterstroke for the club till they announce 'The Gub' from on here as the head of that department. :p

Good god man what have the people at large ever done to have that foisted upon them
:D :D :D
with Colonel Bagshot(big game hunter) as his assistant now that would be a team that would have editors quaking in their boots:)):)):))

What he should've done is tell one of the most famous people who contact his show he was talking shite and %^*& off and got sacked. Away and grow up

Away and grow up? What are you on about?
I said he rolled over calling him Sir Rod this and Sir Rod that, makes me boak.
He should have challenged him on what he said about Rangers and had a dig about their title, where's the problem with that?.
Your words saying tell him he was talking shite.

Last edited:
I see a big big shift these last few months also noticed a change in 1872 and they way they went about it with the ginges comments think you will see it more often the 2020s are going to be ours I feel big changes at Ibrox coming in terms of infrastructure and income and trophys aswell as the PR.

There has been a distinct improvement but still not enough for me. We should be fighting them getting this title rather than going on about asterisks. We seem more afraid about being accused of sour grapes than them getting a distinct advantage next season through the CL money.

We should have challenged the vote legally from the start instead of trying to win a vote we knew we had no chance of doing. What was the point of a dossier if we werent prepared to act on it? Now we look like we’re nothing but talk.

We really need to drop the concern with how we appear. It does us no favours in this day and age.

There has been a distinct improvement but still not enough for me. We should be fighting them getting this title rather than going on about asterisks. We seem more afraid about being accused of sour grapes than them getting a distinct advantage next season through the CL money.

We should have challenged the vote legally from the start instead of trying to win a vote we knew we had no chance of doing. What was the point of a dossier if we werent prepared to act on it? Now we look like we’re nothing but talk.

We really need to drop the concern with how we appear. It does us no favours in this day and age.
Well said mate.

I'd love to see us go on the front foot and lambast the press at every opportunity for their lying and sensationalism.

I'd love to see us go on the front foot and lambast the press at every opportunity for their lying and sensationalism.
To a certain extent we’ve started to do this, but not nearly enough. Again, I think the desire to appear dignified at all times is holding us back

Maybe you’re right and we are changing our tact a bit when it comes to getting stories or our point of view out there. But look at Barry Ferguson today, wtf??!

Folk that think it's our PR that gets Walter on Sky or Ally on Talksport or Boyd writing columns are feckin delusional.
Same as folk that think Holicom run the media for the scum.
People totally overestimate the role of PR companies.

When Stewart Robertson was on TalkSport a few weeks back, Jim White thanked David Graham for arranging the interview.

Folk that think it's our PR that gets Walter on Sky or Ally on Talksport or Boyd writing columns are feckin delusional.
I don’t know how well informed you are on PR but many years ago I worked for an up and coming Scottish company. We employed a PR Company which surprised me but suddenly our name was appearing in various articles in different newspapers and our executives were being approached for input to certain issues by the TV and written media.

It was notable how that type of coverage increased the exposure of the company and that was at a relatively low level.

It is reasonable to assume that higher fees would grant you even more favourable exposure.

Well in a way it does vinnies as we are years behind then with a lot of catching up to do.
If we had a pr strategy before then we won,t be in the position we are in now.
I accept that mate. But we can’t afford to focus on what’s gone before. We can only deal with what’s going on now.

I like what we’re doing now though.

What’s so weird about thinking the mentally challengeds use a strategic media agency? It’s clear to a blind man that press statements were coordinated during the SPFL vote debacle. You even had different journalists releasing the same statement word for word within an hour of each other.

Very much so, but there are still idiots like Barrie Ferguson, one of my all time favourites as @ player, who talks shit at the most awkward time’s.

Ferguson, like his big brother, is a waIIoper.

An incredible incredible talent in his day, sadly he rarely fails to disappoint nowadays.

A lot of Bears make sure xvuses fir some of the oísh that he puts his name to, I just feel sad that he says what pays.

Things appear to have changed - for the better - when David Graham replaced Gym Trainer.
He’s been fantastic. I’ll hold my hands up to defending Traynor. When he joined, our media output improved but statements and timing were poor and I think many posters were correct in pointing out that his employment rubbed many in the media up the wrong way. Not to mention many fans.

We’re at a different level now though and are attracting very good people to fill the positions that may not have came near at one stage. The content, timing and strategy really are very good now.

You think our media is impartial?

Not just ours but nearly all mainstream media has an agenda one way or another.

It’s delusional to think otherwise.

Back