Do we have the biggest travelling away support in the world?

Even domestically of all the SPFL clubs 19 of them have had their biggest home attendance records v Rangers. Only a measly 6 had their largest attendance v the tims. We easily have the best away fans here and abroad.

Hard to argue against it.

The world thought Frankfurt fans were amazing after their Barcelona game.

We showed them we're on another level.
A couple of frankfurt fans after the game said to me “the amount of fans you have with you is not normal, how many fans do you have” and laughed

This confirmed that we are on another level

A couple of frankfurt fans after the game said to me “the amount of fans you have with you is not normal, how many fans do you have” and laughed

This confirmed that we are on another level
I think the number of supporters clubs in the world we have determines how many fans we have, we have supporter clubs in every continent as do some other clubs but not as many as us.

I think the number of supporters clubs in the world we have determines how many fans we have, we have supporter clubs in every continent as do some other clubs but not as many as us.
I’m sure I read Bayern has the most in the world. Not sure that translates to how many travel right enough.

Seville was a sea of blue - I don’t know how they calculate the numbers but it’s absolutely incredible how many Rangers supporters I seen in Spain last week.

Might be. An estimated 100,000 rolled into Seville. Liverpool are about to try winning the top trophy for the 7th time.

Up to 60,000 Liverpool fans - many without tickets - are expected in the French capital as Jurgen Klopp's Reds attempt to seal an FA Cup, Carabao Cup and Champions League treble https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61592156

I’m sure I read Bayern has the most in the world. Not sure that translates to how many travel right enough.
Well i had a conversation with a Man Utd fan and he thought that they had the most, said he did some research and found out it was actually us. We have supporters clubs as far away as NZ and Australia, more than one in each of those countries, not sure Bayern would have that, anyway you never here about any club putting the word "Famous" before their club name, we do and i think everyone who knows who we are in the world accepts that as matter of fact, have been ti all continents in the world and our name was better known that B. Munich.

They are fans
Supporters follow the team and attend games
Too many clubs with a pseudo fan base based on social media followers
I've worked with people from all over the world (literally) who support Man Utd. Guys in their 20s to 30s now support Man Utd whether they're from Manchester or Mogadishu. While it's nice that they're involved in football and think they support a team (and I believe they think they care) it's an entirely separate thing from being brought up in a city like ours and supporting a team properly.

Well i had a conversation with a Man Utd fan and he thought that they had the most, said he did some research and found out it was actually us. We have supporters clubs as far away as NZ and Australia, more than one in each of those countries, not sure Bayern would have that, anyway you never here about any club putting the word "Famous" before their club name, we do and i think everyone who knows who we are in the world accepts that as matter of fact, have been ti all continents in the world and our name was better known that B. Munich.
Unsure about that last sentence to be honest

Unsure about that last sentence to be honest
Just that everywhere I've been in the world Glasgow Rangers were named before B. Munich, nothing to do with the people i was with just football banter in general and especially in the southern hemisphere, it was either English club or Scottish club, no mention of any other, I'm sure its the same in the Satates abd Canada, might be wrong but only telling you how i found it.

Just that everywhere I've been in the world Glasgow Rangers were named before B. Munich, nothing to do with the people i was with just football banter in general and especially in the southern hemisphere, it was either English club or Scottish club, no mention of any other, I'm sure its the same in the Satates abd Canada, might be wrong but only telling you how i found it.
Did you go around asking for about Bayern? :))

In 2013 Liverpool got 95,000 for a friendly in Melbourne, no team in world football could match that, or come close.

That wasn't 95,00 travelling fans though, that was a local crowd.
And most of them are even not Liverpool sympathisant :)

Without doubt we have the best traveling support in the world. :) We hold all possible attendance records :)

We will have proof today. If Liverpool don't take 150K to Paris which is much easier to get to than Seville then we can rule them out.
Leaving Man U and people on here have mentioned how few they took to Rome.

I don't think it is in doubt.
We are easily the biggest away support.

I think it's without a doubt. I've got no doubt there may be clubs that have more supporters but do they travel like we do? Do they feck. Unreal travelling support.

When you say other clubs have more support, do they really though?

I know piles of liverpool fans and I said to them last week why were they not going to Paris this weekend? They said what was the point with no ticket. I wouldn’t care if I had a ticket in Seville last week or not I was going!!!

I remember when we played Barcelona a good few years back, one of the largest clubs in the world, they away support at Ibrox was pathetic. I’ve seen motherwell bring more!

Rangers (and them) are massive clubs with proper loyal support. We aren’t some tourist attraction like Man Utd Chelsea etc.

Always said this, no matter where in the world you go you always run into some sort of rangers bar/club.

The most random one was baku when I was over there a few years ago. Supporters everywhere

Sure I was in Seville

Were you at the Livvy game at Ibrox in January when it looked like at one stage we wouldn’t score if that game of football went on for 18 weeks

Ehmm welll

My view on numbers in Seville TBH

I don't think you can judge it on finals. Without doubt we would take the most to a final but many Man United fans and Liverpool fans will expect to attend another. For us, we are very much aware that this could be our last - so people will make it, one way or another. It's better judged as like for like, such as if ourselves and Man United played Braga in a group stage game, or Spartak Moscow in a group stage game. How would those numbers compare? I think thats a better judgement of the regular travelling support, rather than a one off game like a final.

Actual 'Celtic ' pubs
where are they?
To be fair Robert I kinda alluded to that in my post that it tended to be Irish pubs I saw although some would have some Celtic flags.

I just don’t recall for instance seeing Aston Villa pubs, Everton pubs etc. I was in an Italian restaurant in Melbourne and there was a wall dedicated to Juventus stuff because the owner was a fan. The does however seem to be Rangers pubs all around the globe. We certainly have a huge fanbase despite being from this wee daft country in Northern Europe.

Its always something I think about when you get into debates with fans of English clubs when they talk about being big clubs and how Rangers (and Celtic to be fair) are from a Mickey Mouse league and they think it is us who are deluded about the size of our clubs.

To respond to the OP I don’t know any other clubs who take the numbers of aways fans that we do and that’s not just to big major finals. We could be playing a friendly in North America, South Africa or Outer Mongolia and bears would still find their way there and be a big chunk of the crowd

Sure I’ve seen one in Benidorm, and a few other places can’t think off the top of my head
Saw one in Portugal , Jinkys, I think it was called.
Needless to say I didn’t go in:))
As for fans Liverpool are taking up to 70,000 to Paris supposedly, you can drive it in less than 10 hours and can get the train with one change.
Rangers fans piss on those numbers.

Saw one in Portugal , Jinkys, I think it was called.
Needless to say I didn’t go in:))
As for fans Liverpool are taking up to 70,000 to Paris supposedly, you can drive it in less than 10 hours and can get the train with one change.
Rangers fans piss on those numbers.
Seen one of the buses that was to take Liverpool fans to France at 4pm never turned up as they waited until 10.30 for it, in all honesty alarm bells would’ve been ringing by at least 6pm

Back