Do we have what it takes to stop the Tainted 10?

Depends on a number of factors . If the season started tomorrow I would say no but

1. the manager learn from there mistakes and can solve the mentality issue we appear to have

2. the signings are critical . I know a lot is going on in the world but the board need to give gerrard whatever he needs . If that’s cash they need to find it

3.a lot will depend on what they do as well. Can they keep eduord if they can’t do they spend the money well. The facts remain if they have the money to blow us out the water will they do it? With lawell you would normally say no but to the hordes it means that much will Desmond tell him to spend 15-20 million to ensure it happens

We need to add a few players of quality with a steely determination and we'll have a great chance. Recruitment is absolutely massive because we'll need all our new signings to hit the ground running this season.

Evening folks.
New to FF so go easy on me.

If we hang onto Alfie, get Hagi in, make Jack captain and possibly a new CB with experience as the title says...

I can’t see the poets changing much players wise but I can’t see us making wholesale changes either compared to last seasons.

I think we match them in every position and beat them 1 on 1 but we need the elite mentality that the poets have going for them post January.

What’s your thoughts gentlemen?

No

we will win nothing if Tav, Goldson, Jack and Morelos remain the core of our team.

We need honest and competent referees who won’t be intimidated

At present we have a bunch of arseholes who are scared of the mentally challengeds and their rabid fans

We also need a few more winners in the team who can consistently deliver and get us 3 points in nearly every game

Let’s hope Ross Wilson and the management team get us these players who can improve the team and squad

Mate, if the question was how do you think we will fair next season then i would say we drastically need to sort a few positions out especially at the back. But asking about a tainted 10 when there isn't even a 9 isnt really a viable question.

Referees are gonna cost us no matter what. Even games last season where despite us being poor we've been done rotten.. we've seen lately how corrupt SPFL is. We have to demolish teams 4 or 5 nil every game or its gonna be a struggle

Evening folks.

If we hang onto Alfie, get Hagi in, make Jack captain and possibly a new CB with experience as the title says...

I can’t see the poets changing much players wise but I can’t see us making wholesale changes either compared to last seasons.

I think we match them in every position and beat them 1 on 1 but we need the elite mentality that the poets have going for them post January.

Back to fiddle board ... Nice try

We need honest and competent referees who won’t be intimidated

At present we have a bunch of arseholes who are scared of the mentally challengeds and their rabid fans

We also need a few more winners in the team who can consistently deliver and get us 3 points in nearly every game

Let’s hope Ross Wilson and the management team get us these players who can improve the team and squad

We're not going to get that ref situ. We need to rise above the cheats and defy the odds. Just need to concentrate in our football.

No.

Unless something seismic happens in terms of investment then 10 is a foregone conclusion.

I feel as though I've been saying it for four years now, but the yardstick for signing anyone should be,
" Is he as good as, or better than the guy Celtic have in that position?

They are the benchmark. To topple them we need players that are at the very least as good as theirs.

I don't think at this current minute that we have the bodies needed to win the league. There needs to be quality added, not quantity. No more ojos and young players who are possibly going to be good and as someone else said before, no SPFL journeymen.

No, not as things stand, they will come again, same squad, with improvements. I hope our Club has a plan.

We need a player of the Ian Ferguson/Kevin Thomson/Barry Ferguson ilk to captain the team and boss the midfield. More physicality in midfield. Another CB and Striker to the squad as well as signing Hagi.
A lot to happen before then. Can't see more than 15,000 in Ibrox until vaccine for current pandemic is found. Will there be interest in Alfie/Tav from down south.
Most of all we need to find the winning mentality we had before the ill fated trip to Dubai. Hopefully SG Ross Wilson and the backroom staff been putting their recent spare time to good use to improve our team.
Stay Safe - WATP

Europa aside, we bottled it post Dubai, they went unbeaten. As much as a hate admitting that.
Agreed players attitudes have to change fast,this can't cope with the pressure vibe needs rooted out,if they can't cope with the demand get them out and get players in that have a better will to win. When we play them off the park over two games, I'd say we have not a bad team when it comes together. It's against the rest we need to apply the same application. Had we done so and the gap was closer, it's a fair bet those beaks would've null and voided it.

I’ll be honest it’ll be a massive turnaround if Gerrard can win us the league.
Sheep and Hamilton at home was absolutely horrible watching and we looked like a team with zero confidence and we could be still playing now and still not have scored.
Not to mention woeful away performances at St Johnstone, Kilmarnock and Hearts.
I pray to god we can find our April - December 2019 form.

Gerrard talks about his leaders. They let him down too often. If he chooses to stick with them, then no is the answer sadly.

The board will need to fight the corruption on a weekly basis and take on the SPFL to stop 10, they will be pulling out all stops. We need to takes their fines for bringing the game into disrepute on a weekly basis if need be to call the corruption/cowardice each time it goes on.

Fix that and we have an even playing field

No, too many in this squad have let us down, even if we sign Hagi who will no doubt be sent out wide. SG has to be brave and change the system, it annoys me that our CF is isolated so often why do we play one up top against the dross in the SPFL.

If Morelos stays that's fine but get someone to give him a chop out ffs, we also need more goals from midfield it must piss SG off as he scored 95% of his goals from outside the box.How many times do you see someone out wide look up and see one blue jersey in the box against 5,6,7 defenders.

If we stay with 433 which I suspect we will it won't matter who we sign, we don't have the class of Liverpool or Barca to play this way it's us who have to adapt to the 10 behind the ball crap that's seen as the blueprint to take points off us.

Certainly closer to them in terms of games vs them, big thing is can we consistently do it away game after away game at Perth and Kilmarnock?

Evening folks.

%^*& off poet

No. The best we can hope for at this stage is that Gerrard can get the team together and win a trophy next season.

Officially it'll be 10IAR next season, but thankfully for us it will always be tainted/devalued by the major asterisk of the 9th season. I actually think a lot of the pressure is off for next season.

Players, staff and ex-players in the media need to stop talking and acknowledging this "10" in a row

Evening folks.

Elite mentality FFS

Certainly closer to them in terms of games vs them, big thing is can we consistently do it away game after away game at Perth and Kilmarnock?

This year? Probably as all these teams will be decimated, cutting costs everywhere and all thoughts of actual football will be sacrificed, so yeah, we should be putting teams to the sword week in, week out.

I still dont see us winning the league for a couple of years yet unless we get big investment this pre season. I will live in hope though.
What i will say is that any notion of a 10 in a row to them means heehaw to me. Its tainted beyond belief so not something i will aclnowkedge.

Agree with this. It also depends if they can keep a hold of Edouard. Unfortunately Griffiths has defied all odds and come back and made a difference.

They can make as much noise about it as they like but personally i aint acknowledging this seasons award of the title so season 20-21 is not 10 in a row.

On the actual question from The OP, i think we will need to strengthen heavily with 3 further 1st choice players to go straight into our starting 11 AFTER even if hagi signs.

We will also need to be able to switch our system when the need arises, be it playing with 2 up front, 1 sitting mid or even 3 centrebacks.

Even allowing for all of this the odds are stacked against us, we seen what the mentally challengeds/spfl/sfa/mentally challengeds at other clubs were willing to do when their was a sniff the yahoos might not be awarded the league this season.

Add into that refereeing decisions and compliance officers.

If youn think the last 6 weeks has been bad you have no idea what will be unleashed if it looks like we are going to challenge for the league

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter if our support aren't recognising their title or PSGs title and whoever else was awarded it. Officially it's recognised. Similar to us not 'dying'.

Next season is huge, we can ruin them if we prevent 10 in a row. Imagine the chaos? They'll turn on the board, particularly Lawwell, and that would be glorious. It gives us the chance for CL football and then that's the gap bridged.

We need to hope they don't get in to the CL next season, that's the game changer. If they do, it'll be tough winning a title for the foreseeable.

Evening folks.

Why are we making Jack captain? He’s injury prone

Next season is huge, we can ruin them if we prevent 10 in a row. Imagine the chaos? They'll turn on the board, particularly Lawwell, and that would be glorious. It gives us the chance for CL football and then that's the gap bridged.
We can imagine it but it won't happen. We're kidding ourselves on if we think this squad will get it together to mount a challenge.

We have to adopt a siege mentality. Gerrard needs to have his players back and the club need to highlight every corrupt match changing decision. Kilmarnock away was a perfect example. We won that game with a late Morelos goal but, lo and behold, Beaton disallows it for f.uck all and we go on to lose - huge turnaround. After the game our manager barely mentions the incident. This attitude simply must change.

Back