Do we recall Ross McCrorie in January?

Fair points -
But regrettably imoroved passing & better discipline aren't the only weaknesses our manager would need to work on -

His positional sense & work off the ball weren't great before either

Then that positional sense would need to be developed while he gets up to speed with our other players in the team & they in turn would need to get used to his style of play

I'd hope we could accommodate him quickly - but there's no guarantee - & the likeliehood
is it could take longer
If he returned in January - it might be well into March before he was up to 1st team selection

Meanwhile I'd probaly prefer our manager to concentrate his efforts towards other players & / or areas

So back to my earlier comment - he's potentially going to learn more & build more character where he is rather than be around the fringes of our first team - in my opinion

Decent and constructive summation and I fully agree with your assertion as to where Ross would be better served.

I can't say I have seen that mythical figure often to be honest - nor can I say I (or most) have left many games this season thinking "aucht if only we had McCrrorie today"

Speaking about Kante in relation to McCrorie is slightly ridiculous - one is a polished multiple league and World Cup winner, the other is loan at Portsmouth.
Exactly and Kante plays destroyer against high quality players in the EPL and is FAR FAR better with the ball than McCrorrie could ever dream to be. Poor comparison.

How selective 3.5 poor performances out of four away from home and you choose to crow about the .5.

Not very Rangers like of you, I expect better of the team given what’s been invested in it over the past two years playing against teams with a fifth of our budget.
10 points out 12 on the road in the league. If keep that away form up, we'll be champions.

Moot point...Winning the league is the only acceptable position for this Rangers team and to do that we still have to improve. The next 8 weeks, chock full of difficult away games will be a true indicator as to whether we can win the league this season.

To be honest I suspect we shall be trailing the filth by the end of December given the paucity of our away form and the fact the we have what amounts to 7 or 8 cup finals coming up.
"The paucity of our away form"

The collective sense of hysteria on here when we drop points get more acute each time.

"The paucity of our away form"

The collective sense of hysteria on here when we drop points get more acute each time.

Ok, our performances have been brilliant, Kilmarnock, St Mirren et al have been blown away with style, Hearts were destroyed by our brilliant incisive attacking football. Barring the second half against St Johnstone we have been poor on our domestic travels.

If we are going to win the title we require to be markedly better on her travels.

Decent and constructive summation and I fully agree with your assertion as to where Ross would be better served.

I started by saying I rated Ross & still do & I sincerely hope he can be a top player for us soon
I just don't think it will happen this season

Probably get told I'm wrong but I think Ross McCrorie is quite over rated by some of our support.

I feel he's typical of Scottish football, big, strong, quick and good at getting about the park, but on the ball it's heart in mouth stuff.

Obviously, he's out on loan to improve these aspects of his play, but the fact he's not playing isn't helping him.
Heart in the mouth stuff when he’s on the ball?
Ffs that’s an exaggeration.

Heart in the mouth stuff when he’s on the ball?
Ffs that’s an exaggeration.

It probably is, but my point still stands, his passing and use of the ball is poor and far below the standard that we need.

It doesn't make you unstaunch to think some players aren't good enough to play for us.

So because he’s had one bad loan spell he’s not good enough? Kent couldn’t even get a game with bristol city and the following year we signed him for 7m.
He's no where near good enough technically, not even close to the technical ability of Jack, Davis or even Kamara. Okay he's blood and snotters but we need more than that, we rarely need a destroyer with limited technical ability, maybe for a few games a season and he'd need to be playing regularly to perform to that limited ability, and not those few games. So no he's not good enough.

It probably is, but my point still stands, his passing and use of the ball is poor and far below the standard that we need.

It doesn't make you unstaunch to think some players aren't good enough to play for us.
Who said anything about being unstaunch?
I don’t think he’s ready to play for us every week at this moment but I think he would still be useful in certain games.

Ok, our performances have been brilliant, Kilmarnock, St Mirren et al have been blown away with style, Hearts were destroyed by our brilliant incisive attacking football. Barring the second half against St Johnstone we have been poor on our domestic travels.

If we are going to win the title we require to be markedly better on her travels.
I'll take 3 wins and a draw out of every 4 away games. These games aren't easy. We can't just turn up and expect 3 points. We've got to face plastic pitches, 11 men behind the ball and teams fired up to get anything from us. You keep going on about how poor our away form is, but it simply doesn't hold up. Sure we've not been as ruthless or fluid as we've been at Ibrox, but that's to be expected. We've got the best away form in the country and that's having played a game less than the filth.

He's no where near good enough technically, not even close to the technical ability of Jack, Davis or even Kamara. Okay he's blood and snotters but we need more than that, we rarely need a destroyer with limited technical ability, maybe for a few games a season and he'd need to be playing regularly to perform to that limited ability, and not those few games. So no he's not good enough.
Kamaras passing and his attempts to control a football have been very poor this season and I would rather have McCrorie back than have him in the team.

I'll take 3 wins and a draw out of every 4 away games. These games aren't easy. We can't just turn up and expect 3 points. We've got to face plastic pitches, 11 men behind the ball and teams fired up to get anything from us. You keep going on about how poor our away form is, but it simply doesn't hold up. Sure we've not been as ruthless or fluid as we've been at Ibrox, but that's to be expected. We've got the best away form in the country and that's having played a game less than the filth.

so you’re saying our away form is cause for huge optimism in terms of going to venues such has Pittodrie, Easter Road, Fir Park the piggery etc. For me other than the second half against a very poor St Johnstone our away form is entirely unconvincing.

To that end I have suggested that should the filth start to toil and go into always cheated never defeated mode and referees start to go into refereeing us to a different standard mode...We will drop further points on our current form, we have been laboured, lightweight and unconvincing on the road thus far.

I am certainly not going to join the happy, clappy set in regard to our away form, neither am I going to see 5-0 home wins to a very poor Hamilton or thrashings of sides playing with 10 men for significant portions of games as proof positive of a title bid when we capitulate with alacrity to our only title rivals.

I like SG but remain largely unconvinced by him on the domestic front, Europe has been a different story, but surely our priority has to be the title and entry to the riches of the champions league?

No. I'm saying that the notion that our away form is 'poor' simply isn't true. Of course we could play better on the eye, but it's results and points that ultimately matter.

And you're now just moaning for the sake of moaning. Of course we only win 5-0 because teams have 10 men (neither Hamilton or Aberdeen did). Digging games out at difficult venues isn't good enough and neither is putting teams away by 5 and 6 at Ibrox. Do you realise how ridiculous that sounds?

How much better? We've taken 10pts from 12pts. We're not going to win every game, that's unrealistic.

We took Hibs apart at Easter Road last season but came away with only a point. The mentality of the team has been repeatedly questioned yet you're highlighting games where we've dug out the 3pts - and still it's being criticised.

No. I'm saying that the notion that our away form is 'poor' simply isn't true. Of course we could play better on the eye, but it's results and points that ultimately matter.

And you're now just moaning for the sake of moaning. Of course we only win 5-0 because teams have 10 men. Digging games out at difficult venues isn't good enough and neither is putting teams away by 5 and 6 at Ibrox. Do you realise how ridiculous that sounds?

Hamilton was against eleven and rather than moaning I was stating a fact in terms of how poor they were (you can only beat what’s put in front of you). The Livingston and Hibs games were pretty tight in terms of the scoreboard before the sendings off and we did a lot of dominating games at Ibrox last season whilst dropping points.

I am not convinced that the constant rotation is actually conducive to mounting a sustained title bid as there are certain areas of a team which require stability and not constant tinkering. Therefore I have doubts as to whether we can succeed on both the European and domestic campaigns without the former damaging the latter.

My priority if I were our board, manager and players would be the league title and entry to the riches of the champions league. Continuity in terms of our domestic side and experimental in Europe would make much better sense.

How much better? We've taken 10pts from 12pts. We're not going to win every game, that's unrealistic.

We took Hibs apart at Easter Road last season but came away with only a point. The mentality of the team has been repeatedly questioned yet you're highlighting games where we've dug out the 3pts - and still it's being criticised.

That was last season and we won nothing with what looked a better balanced side, remember we haven’t visited any of the really troublesome venues thus far excepting Rugby Park;

Pittodrie
Easter Road
Fir Park
The Piggery
Livingston

We usually do well at Tynecastle where we have just dropped points, we beat Livingston in the league cup but it was a real ugly struggle. (Livi and Killie are where you have to factor in the pitch, though I think Killie committed a major own goal, with their new surface being a real leveller in their Europa league exit)

The thing about this place.....

Some people post that often, they start to invest in their credibility rather than Rangers winning.

The reality is people give a %^*& about one of they things, and don't invest in the other.

A few on here take this place wayyyyyy tooo seriously.

Oddly, it's a lot of folks who kept backing Pedro, and.... didn't jump on board with Gerrard right.

funny that.

The thing about this place.....

Some people post that often, they start to invest in their credibility rather than Rangers winning.

The reality is people give a %^*& about one of they things, and don't invest in the other.

A few on here take this place wayyyyyy tooo seriously.

Oddly, it's a lot of folks who kept backing Pedro, and.... didn't jump on board with Gerrard right.

funny that.

Me, I am just trying to be realistic in terms of what I’ve witnessed thus far, it’s an entirely subjective process. Therefore I, as me an individual have not seen enough to convince me that we are good enough to win the league.

If Rangers go on to skoosh the league I won’t be giving a crap about my personal credibility as I will be too busy celebrating!

I would never have put McCrorie out on loan personally, but that's just me.

We have to trust the gaffer on this one.

But ... I personally believe that McCrorie in a game like yesterday would excel. We were outfought for large periods, Hearts had more desire than us. That's where McCrorie excels. We were pushed back and who would you rather have in your midfield in such a situation, as much as Aribo has more talent in his big toe, he disappears from matches at the present moment.

As for those saying, 'McCrorie doesn't score or create', yeah he doesn't but we were outfought all over the pitch. McCrorie would have been useful yesterday and in the OF game we lost for instance.

The SPL is purely a league where, if you 'win your battles' in the midfield and then get the ball to your best players, more often than not you win games.

It's all well and dandy having all your ball players on at home to St Johnstone, etc. That's fine and we can still win that way.

But when it's going to be a battle, I'd like to have a McCrorie out there.
Totally agree. You have to have the ball before you can play. Aribo and Kamara can’t tackle. Hearts won the battle. It’s not long ago nearly everyone on here was touting McRorie as a future club captain. Now he can’t kick a ball?

Me, I am just trying to be realistic in terms of what I’ve witnessed thus far, it’s an entirely subjective process. Therefore I, as me an individual have not seen enough to convince me that we are good enough to win the league.

If Rangers go on to skoosh the league I won’t be giving a crap about my personal credibility as I will be too busy celebrating!

This despite Rangers currently being......joint top of the league.....

The issue thus far isn't with Rangers...

Every single game we drop points,there’s always a thread with the solution being an on loan player,somebody that didn’t get picked or somebody we’ve sold

I Imagine you will disagree,but I honestly think SG
puts way too much trust in some,and dosent give others the chance to
shine.

Actually I don’t disagree with you there. But why do you think Doc rarely ever gets a chance to shine even when Gerrard does shuffle the pack?

I’m not sure you’re the best judge of a player mate, going on your belief that Halliday is our best left back! For me, when Doc has had any game time he has never quite looked good enough for us. I get the impression it’s probably a similar story in training. That’s just how it goes sometimes unfortunately.

Actually I don’t disagree with you there. But why do you think Doc rarely ever gets a chance to shine even when Gerrard does shuffle the pack?

I’m not sure you’re the best judge of a player mate, going on your belief that Halliday is our best left back! For me, when Doc has had any game time he has never quite looked good enough for us. I get the impression it’s probably a similar story in training. That’s just how it goes sometimes unfortunately.
Andy IMO back then,was our best option for left back.;)

Amazing another player that becomes some sort of world beating problem solving genius when he leaves or is out injured.

Correct me if I’m wrong but we used to win every game when he played for us.

Personally I thought McCrorie would have been a better option than either Aribo or Kamara, but it doesn’t look like he fits the profile of what Gerrard wants from his midfielders. You can probably add Docherty to that too.

When all is said and done, the manager is probably right.

As much as McCrorie would probably have added some much needed grit to the middle of the park yesterday, his distribution isn’t the best and that’s where he’s going to struggle to get back into a Gerrard team.

I thought Gerrard said McCrorie would be a future captain of Rangers but was still young and needed to go on loan.

It's clear that we missed Ryan Jack yesterday. Ross McCrorie would have been the obvious replacement for Jack in the team if he was still here, which begs the question: do we recall him in January?

As documented on here following a bright start he's found playing time hard to come by on the South Coast due to a spell of indiscipline on the park and then struggling to regain his starting spot for whatever reason.

Hopefully Jack doesn't suffer any further injuries this season but its clear we need an option if he does. I'm not sure if Ross is the answer or that it would be good for his development to be a permenant understudy at Rangers but I'm not sure what other options we have.

What day the folk of FF, is Ross the answer, do we look to bring in additional cover or is the answer at the club already?

Is this a panic suggestion?

Watched him live tonight ,confidence shot like most of the team.Seemed to play rhs dropping in to cover Burgess in back two when corners gained.got a couple of bollickings off Marquis who is a complete lady’s from bottom.
He had 1 shot in the game that he ballooned.
Knowing how he can play,I am really disappointed how it’s turning out for him.
He needs a Walter Smith.

We always go straight to those who weren’t playing as the answer. The 11 who started had more than enough ability to beat a team who haven’t won at home since March.

FWIW he's better than Kamara who should be nowhere near the team but always is. He's (Kamara) good for giving the ball away, that's about it.

McCrorie will come back to Rangers, just like Doc did after his loan.

He'll be given a chance to impress and it'll be up to Ross to take it.

I hope he takes it, but the jury is still out for me.

I've always been extremely cautious about the lad. He's never convinced me. The thing now is that I fear for his future. I just don't know where he is going settle in terms of an actual position.

For me he doesn't have the technical craft to be a modern day midfielder. And although he has some "physical attributes", the game has changed and it's becoming a non-contact sport. You can't go around charging into players and lunging aimlessly into tackles. Pompey have already sussed this out with him.

I don't see him as a centre half. And as a right back he may be a "functional" defender. But he isn't dynamic enough for what is required in the modern game. He's not the type to bomb back and forward and be whipping in great crosses.

So, IMO, he has quite a problem ahead of him. Unless things change dramatically I can't see him having a genuine future at Rangers. I can only imagine that he will still have a career in football but be a bit of a utility player moving around clubs.

I've always been extremely cautious about the lad. He's never convinced me. The thing now is that I fear for his future. I just don't know where he is going settle in terms of an actual position.

For me he doesn't have the technical craft to be a modern day midfielder. And although he has some "physical attributes", the game has changed and it's becoming a non-contact sport. You can't go around charging into players and lunging aimlessly into tackles. Pompey have already sussed this out with him.

I don't see him as a centre half. And as a right back he may be a "functional" defender. But he isn't dynamic enough for what is required in the modern game. He's not the type to bomb back and forward and be whipping in great crosses.

So, IMO, he has quite a problem ahead of him. Unless things change dramatically I can't see him having a genuine future at Rangers. I can only imagine that he will still have a career in football but be a bit of a utility player moving around clubs.

There is some truth in this. The original post was that we needed a replacement for Jack on Sunday and had McRorie been in the squad he’d have been in. Long term i’m not sure about midfield either. I would say he’s filled out a fair bit in the last 12 months and could yet play as centre half and fill in at right back when required. Whether that’s at Rangers is an open question.

Back