Do we rest nearly everybody for midweek ?

No, treat it like any other 3 points up for grabs.

We should now be aiming to go undefeated the rest of the league season since it’s now within our grasp.

I think we may only see 2 changes. McLaughlin in for McGregor and Roofe for Davis (Aribo dropping back into midfield alongside Kamara and Arfield). Hagi/Wright/Tav to feature in the last third.

Gerrard has said he'll make changes.

I suspect Wright will get his first league start with Kent dropping out.

Roofe and Hagi in for Morelos and Aribo.

McLaughlin in for McGregor to give him some gametime.

Outside of those 4, I could see one of Simpson, Bassey or Zungu starting. But no more than one of these 3. Anymore and It would be too many changes and could result in a St. Mirren like performance and result.

St Johnstone may rest a few.
I mean it depends.

St. Johnstone are only 4 points off of 5th that depending on the Scottish cup winner would get them into Europe.

I think they will rest players and concentrate on trying to get through at the weekend. If they blow their load on Wednesday they will be spent by the weekend.

Ifs buts maybes as far a what st Johnstone may do, we should focus on our priorities as play accordingly. SG did mention the unbeaten season so it is obviously a goal along with SC so would expect 3 of the suns bench to feature. Of course we may have options limited due to the covid hearing but playing as strong as sensible will be the way. Can see Weight for Kent, Roofe for Morelos and Hagi for Aribo. Not many other options further back.

Finishing the season undefeated is slightly more important than winning the cup now Celtic are out IMO.

We have 2 go's at winning a cup every year, very rarely will we go a few games from finishing the league unbeaten.

Seriously how many don’t know whose injured and that ther is that hearing on Tuesday Oopps that’s today!

Think we will use the squad. Won't be 9 or 10 changes. Usual 3 or 4 at most.

No. We field a strong side with only one or two changes and make sure of the 3 pts. Then we can make all 5 substitutions at half time and around the hour mark

I’d freshen it up, but remember we can use five subs

Mclaughlin

Patterson
Goldson
Balogun/simpson
Barisic

Kamara
Zungu
Aribo

Wright
Roofe
Kent
No way do we play that midfield. That’s tempting fate far too much.

Assuming Patterson, Zungu and Bassey suspended, I would go -

Mclaughlin
Tav
Goldson
Simpson
Barasic
Arfield
Hagi
Stewart
Wright
Defoe
Itten

Also likely that St Johnstone will go with a weakened team and that they could take the opportunity to injure one or two of our creative players.

Back