Bassey

Jack
Barjo
Aribo

Itten
Defoe
Hagi

Barker will play though.

Yes, for sure. Some of the players look tired. Get the batteries recharged and get the youngsters / fringe in.

McLaughlin
Patterson
Bassey
Helander
Hagi
Itten

Get them in.

Yes. Bassey or Patterson or both. Defoe is a given up front. Helander back in for Balogun. Barker for Kent. Jack and Aribo back for Davies and Arfield.

Personally I'd like to see 5/6 changes on Sunday.

That was a gruling 90 minutes of hard running with no subs.

Bassey
Helander
Barjonas??
Hagi
Barker
Itten
Defoe

I know Sunday's a big game but for me we need to be brave and put more trust in these guys.. we're playing every 3/4 days for the next month.
Thats why we have a 1st team squad surely??

I’d make 11 changes from last nights team
We need to rest up.
It is a League cup game away to Falkirk after all
Tav and Goldson need that rest too

Bassey
Helander
Barjonas??
Hagi
Barker
Itten
Defoe

I know Sunday's a big game but for me we need to be brave and put more trust in these guys.. we're playing every 3/4 days for the next month.
100 per cent spot on

We could possibly drop Hagi into the Midfield 3 if numbers are required in there it should be doable against Falkirk would mean both Defoe and Itten could start up top with Barker

Best team on the park every game.

Apart from Davis who needs nursed through the season.

Did no one watch Liverpool last night?
Nonsense

We are playing a team in the 3rd tier. At least half the team, if not more, will be changed.

We usually make 3 or 4 changes even for a league game after a European game, never mind a cup game against a team 2 divisions below.

I would play Davis. I know it is obvious to rest him but I think he has his worst games after a rest. Imo as players get older they need to play more to keep the level of performance up.

Not twice a week they don't.

Playing one game every week is ideal for him.

Davis will miss Sunday and start next Thursday reasonably fresh

Him and Kamara are our 2 best midfielders for retaining possession in the more technical games.

We need to rest up.
We probably don't have any midfielders to change the full 11

Zungu and Jack won't be risked as they both have knocks, if Aribo had to miss a game because of a stomach bug, I doubt he will be ready to start 3 days later.

I do think we'll see a front 3 of Barker, Defoe and Itten though

To be honest, it’s a blow that Paterson is isolating at the moment as last night, for just about the first time, Tavernier looked like he could do with a rest. He lost the ball at one point on the edge of their box, about 10 mins to go, and it’s the first time I can ever remember looking at him turning to run back and thinking he seemed to be labouring.

He does an absolute power of running every single game, and rarely misses any, so accumulated fatigue is inevitable. Would have been a good chance to give him a couple of days off.

Options could be limited in midfield with injuries and illness, maybe see Barjonas get a game.

I'd say most of last night's senior subs plus Defoe will start.

I’m loathe to play him out of position but what about Jack at RB? Played there before:

McLaughlin

Jack
Balogun
Helander
Bassey

Zungu
Aribo
Hagi

Itten
Defoe
Barker

To be honest, it’s a blow that Paterson is isolating at the moment as last night, for just about the first time, Tavernier looked like he could do with a rest. He lost the ball at one point on the edge of their box, about 10 mins to go, and it’s the first time I can ever remember looking at him turning to run back and thinking he seemed to be labouring.

He does an absolute power of running every single game, and rarely misses any, so accumulated fatigue is inevitable. Would have been a good chance to give him a couple of days off.
Tav has just had the best part of 2 weeks off during the international break. Yes, he would have been in training but I'd like to think there was a lot of recovery work going on. I do agree though that games like Falkirk on Sunday should be an opportunity to leave out players like Tav, Goldson and Kent.

Tav has just had the best part of 2 weeks off during the international break. Yes, he would have been in training but I'd like to think there was a lot of recovery work going on. I do agree though that games like Falkirk on Sunday should be an opportunity to leave out players like Tav, Goldson and Kent.
Fair point but I think the shift he had to put in last night exhausted him, so it’s that I guess I mean I’d like him to have time to recover from.

Falkirk v Liege in importance to the Club financially is a World apart. I would pick a team very much with Thursday in mind. I would use a mixture of “first picks”, squad players who haven’t featured much and one or two youngsters. The League and Europa have to be prioritised imo this season.

We are confident enough with our depth that no matter how many changes we make we should sweep them aside. Rest is key after last night as that will have taken a lot out of some of the players, physically and mentally.

This will be a tricky game on a shocking pitch
I'm all for confidence but these games need 100% focus and a bit of respect (from the players). I am sure we will be professional about it.

Falkirk will see this as one of their biggest games of the season and will put everything into it. I expect a high number of changes but will take a scrappy win after last night's exertions.

We need to rest up.
But still a must win game,Thursday, Sunday games mean the squad does less training.

Best team on the park every game.

Apart from Davis who needs nursed through the season.

Did no one watch Liverpool last night?
Each to their own but I don't think running our players in to the ground is a wise move.

We should still have more than enough to beat Falkirk whilst resting key players.

Bassey
Helander
Barjonas??
Hagi
Barker
Itten
Defoe

Yes. We need to rest Alfie, Tav, Goldson, Barisic, Arfield, Roofe and Kent.

These are the games that Defoe, Hagi, Barker, Itten and Bassey should all be starting in

I think Goldson and Tav start every game regardless

The midfield won't see much changes if Jack, Aribo and Zungu are still out

Reckon only Tav and Goldson will play from last nights team.

Had Edmundson and Patterson been available I’d have changed the whole team.

Remember ET and penalties if required on Sunday.

AND

The draw for the quarter-finals of the Betfred Cup will be made following Premier's coverage of Falkirk v Rangers on Sunday November 29, kick-off 5.00pm.

Personally I wouldn't play any of those that played last night.

11 changes.

I think Tav and Goldson will play though.

The League cup is well down the list of priorities.

It’s almost impossible to predict this one, I’d like to rest more than we will. I think Tav and Goldson would benefit from being rested but can’t see that happening. We’ll change it up front mostly. Likely....

McLaughlin
Tav Goldson Helander Bassey
Jack Kamara
Itten Hagi Barker
Defoe​

This is when Jones and Edmundson’s stupid starts to bite. They would likely have started, shouldn’t affect the result but puts first team players at increased risk of injury.

No.
Win the game. Ties like this can derail momentum. Play our best team. Need a win now our forms dropped.
Our form has dropped?

Our last 2 league games have been won by 12-0 on aggregate and our last 2 Europa games are unbeaten against a Champions League level team!

Back