Do we think the Scottish Cup could be scraped?

Brian Laudrup

Official Ticketer
With the lower leagues all on lockdown and no real sign of restrictions easing do we think it might be canned??

I personally want to win it so i hope not

It will be played next year like last years this year...Chill...

But we know fine well that its going to be scrapped for obvious reasons.

It should not be scrapped. But I bet they will because we must be favourites to win

I think there's every chance it will be cancelled. 3rd round postponed this weekend and 4th round due on 20th Feb. If the lower leagues aren't back before then (likely?), it will be near impossible to fit the ties in. League 1 and league 2 clubs will have a real fixture pile up and promotion and relegation will take priority I'd assume. For us, we'd potentially need to squeeze 5 Scottish Cup ties in, on top of 2 / 4 / 6 or whatever number of European ties, while still fulfilling our league schedule.

Depends what is decided on allowing League 1 &2 plus any of the non league sides back playing
Mate is there going to be a meeting to see if the international games in March go ahead??
Am sure I read that on here last week.

I think they'll finish it next season. The second round has yet to be played and football is currently suspended for the teams featuring in that round. In a normal season the 4th round would be completed and we'd be playing the 5th round in 2-3 weeks.

With the lower leagues all on lockdown and no real sign of restrictions easing do we think it might be canned??

I personally want to win it so i hope not
Only after The Filth are knocked out.
Then yes, it could very well be 'canned'.

If so it won't be pursued next season as this type of gross distortion of normality is filed in an envelope on the shelf, 'Only to be opened when the Filth need a favour' it sits next to 'Gerry O'mander of the fixture list' and '19th Century Terrorist minded referee as required'.

Given qualification to the euros has given them a large income stream it's probably the fist time the sfa can afford to lose the sponsorship money.

It would be just like the SFA to scrap the Scottish cup the same season they went to great lengths to accomodate the Scottish cup from the previous season being played months later with different squads where one team had spent millions and another had lost players due to a relegation via email.

Depends what happens on this meeting

If the Scottish Cup resumes in March along with League 1 & 2 as they want to for League games

While 8th May is the Final it could move and moved venue if needed that is the only reason why it on that date - Hampden and Euro 2020

this is possible

2nd round March 3 mid week
3rd round March 13
4th round April 10
Quarters April 22 - mid week
Semi-final May 8
Final 15th or 22nd but not at Hampden? - Cause some issue the League games and end of season play-offs but could resolved

Based what dates are available

Guess we will have to see what happens

Doubt it. Cases are falling pretty quickly so I'd imagine League One and League Two will return at some point over the next month. Not sure what will be done about the Highland League teams still in it though. Also worst case scenario we have the option to play it next season. I think it we can get down to the quarter finals it will be played next season if it has to be. If the last 16 ties haven't been played by the summer it will probably be scrapped though.

If the lower league clubs aren’t back playing soon then I think it’ll be scrapped this year

I think the SC will get binned this year

Don’t think we have a sponsor or any gate money so apart from the Premier TV or BBC money to distribute I’d imagine the prize money to be shite as well

Back