Do we Try to Build A team of Players from the under 20s

Twosignals

This might sound crazy, possibly end up in the bottom six, however having watched the shambles with players that are already not giving a shit about Rangers and are INDIVDUALS on the pitch not a team. Do we do what we should have done when they put us down, play the young boys, and try to get a team, that may be Rangers minded. There’s possibly only two or three in this present team that deserve to be kept, and as for Pedros signings, the least said, we can only hope our winter may encourage them back to warmer climes. It in turn means we as fans have to put up with some poor results, until it clicks, having watched we’ve watched for near three seasons it can hardly get worse.

I'd have absolutely no problem with this team on Wednesday

Wes

Tav Alves Mayo John

McCrorie

Jack Mebude

Pena

Morelos Rudden

I've not seen anywhere enough of the youths to be able to judge. The question comes down to mentality more than age for me. McCrorie looks like a senior pro, and doesn't seem to have any issue stepping in and stepping up. If there's any other players who could cope with the pressure in the same way that McCrorie has, then i'd be getting them in straight away.

This might sound crazy, possibly end up in the bottom six, however having watched the shambles with players that are already not giving a shit about Rangers and are INDIVDUALS on the pitch not a team. Do we do what we should have done when they put us down, play the young boys, and try to get a team, that may be Rangers minded. There’s possibly only two or three in this present team that deserve to be kept, and as for Pedros signings, the least said, we can only hope our winter may encourage them back to warmer climes. It in turn means we as fans have to put up with some poor results, until it clicks, having watched we’ve watched for near three seasons it can hardly get worse.

Nope - it would destroy the young players!

It’s highly likely we will lose 4 games on the bounce before the end of the year!!

I feel sorry for the youth players coming through.

Having worked hard from a young age and coming into this first team squad, is it a step up, side-ways or backwards?

Who do you look to in this squad to emulate and learn from?

Fuck1ng awful bunch.

Anytime i have seen our youths on tv against Smeltic, they always seemed to get outclassed. So my answer in my opinion would be no.

If so we would have the perfect man in charge. If they were good enough Murty would know.

The board are worse than a joke.

If re are any others remotely of the calibre of McCrorie, absolutely bring them through. And if we don't have a better full back in the youths than Hodson and if Barjonas or whoever else from the youths isn't better than any of our current midfield then I shudder to think how bad our youths must be.

As our resident youths reporter would probably advise, our U20s are not good enough, our best youths are all in younger age groups.

There is this idea that if you give youngsters a run of games they become better and good enough.

Not true.

The u20s are pish as Well, we have struggled for near on 5 years to provide proper full backs or at the very worst back up full backs, we now have Lee hodson, a shit right back deputising at left back because our back up left back is so bad and Lee hodson is even worse, that says everything about our u20s

I would like to see the better youth players get more of a chance but only one or two at any time so that they would get the support of more seasoned professionals (no laughing please, but don’t ask me to name these worthy mentors!).

At the start of the season we were being told that Jordan Thompson was going to be Wallace's deputy. 4 months into the season Lee Hodson still getting a game. Even Halliday could play left back.

In midfield we had hopes for Liam Burt and I believe Ross Lyon.

Upfront we have Ryan Hardie who has scored at every level he's been at. Instead he gets 5 minutes here and there. We'll lose him for a development fee somewhere else.

Others like Atakyi, Mebude and Shiels who are promising youngsters who will be lost to the club if we don't give them game time.

These threads are usually good for a laugh. Generally started and contributed by people with no real perception of the standard of pro youth football and have rarely if at all seen the players they talk about.

The 2nd post gives a suggested lineup. Now I think Dapo Mebude is a decent prospect and has a chance. He is a 16 year old that plays Under 17 every week and has only played a cameo role as a sub at under 20's.

But the main issue I have is that having seen Dapo on at least 100 occasions he has NEVER played in midfield.

Our support as a whole won't have the patience for this to happen, imo. I wanted that to happen when we got demoted. Hopefully, in the near future, we can get at least half the team from the youths.

Total myth.

We played loads of boys in the 3rd division. Most were rubbish. Some don't even play football professionally anymore and none, except for McKay, have done anything in the game.
We have a better calibre of young player now compared to guys like robbie crawford ect

Back