Do you care about other football

I rarely watch the english games or Champions league but do watch highlight from the europa league, id imagine i'll swap this around next season.

I am finding in the few games i do watch that there seems to be way less diving than with fans in the ground.

I watched two EPL lockdown 0-0s from last season and decided I was done with it all except for Rangers. I've learned to value my time rather than spend 2 hours on some random game.
And I say that as someone who in the early days of Sky would head to the Duke to watch any old pish on MNF just to watch a game.

I’d go to Larky Jags games if I wasn’t at Ibrox, but I hate watching fitba on the telly. Even Rangers Gsmes

I do want other teams Leeds, Hamburg, Real Madrid to win but it doesn't bother me if they don't.
If Rangers get a draw then I'm usually in a stinker and not worth talking to.

If it involves a Ranger or Rangers players I will.

I watched Scotland ladies on Alba just cause a Ranger (Lizzie Arnot) was starting.

If no Bearettes, wouldn't have watched it.

Watch Serie A & the CL, along with the EPL if a decent game is on but will check the scores from pretty much every league.

Oh, the occasional bundesliga game or La Liga game I watch also.

Watch football whenever it’s on to be honest, even the Scottish Championship. Just love
the game in general.

If it involves a Ranger or Rangers players I will.

I watched Scotland ladies on Alba just cause a Ranger (Lizzie Arnot) was starting.

If no Bearettes, wouldn't have watched it.
That's the thing, it needs some kind of emotional involvement to be interesting to me now. And that means Rangers.
If I had the chance to watch Rangers ladies or a random men's EPL/CL game, I would choose the former every time.

A really big game in the EPL I may watch but lost a lot of interest in football on the telly now.
If I can't get to Ibrox or Brunton Park then I don't really bother now

Hardly, struggle to watch a live game not involving us. highlight shows yes, but not live.
If I had a choice I'd rather go to the Superbowl than the CL Final. I think it would be a better spectacle

Last edited:
Other than Rangers i dont really bother with much football. Ill sometimes watch the CL Goals show on BT Sport and sometimes the odd 'big' game, which are often garbage, but thats about it.

Less interested than I was. Don't know if it's the amount of live football on tv these days or my lack of interest. Probably a bit of both.
Game will be on in the background in the house and if there's little excitement to begin with just lose interest.

Champions League final and the 2 international tournaments are worth watching.

The occasional Blyth Spartans game too.

Yeah watch pretty much every game I can. Also got my Virgin box to record Ligue 1, Bundesliga and Serie A highlights.

Love reading the cliched nonsense on here. Most recent one was saying typical EPL after a weekend with low scores, when you consider that they have been absolutely banged in so far this season with a record breaking weekend.

I do want other teams Leeds, Hamburg, Real Madrid to win but it doesn't bother me if they don't.
If Rangers get a draw then I'm usually in a stinker and not worth talking to.

Same as me in that I only really 'care' about Rangers. I watch loads of games but never really care about who wins or that.

Normally Yes, love the EPL and La Liga.

But this season is consuming me more than ever for obvious reasons with the hope that has been given to us and it's all I can "enjoy" at the minute.

There are a few teams whose result I always look out for (Blackpool, Mansfield, Newcastle and Dunfermline) but I don't go out of my way to watch any live football at all other than a Rangers game.

There are a few teams whose result I always look out for (Blackpool, Mansfield, Newcastle and Dunfermline) but I don't go out of my way to watch any live football at all other than a Rangers game.
Dunfermline? Why?
C*ltic sympathisers.

Dunfermline? Why?
C*ltic sympathisers.

Home team. Was brought up in house no more than 500 yards from their ground.

Don't agree either that they are Celtic sympathisers (ignore the banner from 32 years ago). Most Pars fans I know hate us and them with equal venom.

Home team. Was brought up in house no more than 500 yards from their ground.

Don't agree either that they are Celtic sympathisers (ignore the banner from 32 years ago). Most Pars fans I know hate us and them with equal venom.
Ok then.

I can’t even be bothered watching any of the cl or epl games

used to watch it all now I’d rather watch crime dramas golf or nfl

anyone else the same?
I wont go out of my way to watch a game
Now but if I have spare time and its on I will pop a random EPL or CL game on

Despite having Sky, BT and Premier, apart from a couple of Leeds games, I've only watched all our games and a few other Scottish football games.

No real interest in any football now that doesn't affect us.

Would rather watch an England Test Match.

Yes. Actively support my local lower league club and I have a passing interest in German football. I'll also go to Pollok games if I dont have any other plans for a Saturday afternoon. If I'm down visiting family in the north east and South Shields are at home then I'll try and get to their game if I can.

I love football in general, particularly watching Serie A and PSG (when Neymar is involved), but that's 95% of what I watch.

Couldn't care less about the Premier League or Champions League.

anyone else the same?
I am watching a lot at the moment. Have got used to the empty stadia. A lot of the football has been really enjoyable.

Atlanta v Ajax yesterday was brilliant. Hearts v Dundee a couple of weeks was a great watch, and the thumping of Liverpool by Villa great stuff. Been loads I’ve enjoyed.

anyone else the same?
probs watch it but unless it has a affect on our season then wont really care

I dont care about other teams but I watch and enjoy EPL CL and EL games. Cant really get in to the women game though.

Apart from any games featuring ourselves, especially with no crowds I find it difficult to watch a half let alone a full 90 minutes due to the complete lack of atmosphere

The only other team I get emotionally involved with is the Denver Broncos in the NFL, watch all their games on NFL Game Pass and make a trip to the US to see them every year (except this one obviously).
Couldn’t even tell you the last PL game I watched live, I’ll catch up on MOTD & MOTD2

I am watching a lot at the moment. Have got used to the empty stadia. A lot of the football has been really enjoyable.

Atlanta v Ajax yesterday was brilliant. Hearts v Dundee a couple of weeks was a great watch, and the thumping of Liverpool by Villa great stuff. Been loads I’ve enjoyed.

CL is another one that people just use old clichés to run it down. The last few seasons have been excellent and this group stage has been blistering so far.

before lockdown i rarely watched a game. Since the restart been watching loads and kinda got back into it. Been some great stuff on show lately.

I have completely lost interest in ALL football outwith Rangers.

So much so that my "negative vibes" have rubbed off on many of the members of the Whatsapp group, who initially started issuing childish namecalling such as 'gay bender' - yet slowly but surely many of them are now also becoming 'gay benders' by their own admission.

Last night for example, I'd have usually been hooked to the BT Sports goals channel through the CL games.
But absolutely zero interest in the whole thing.
Same goes for weekends which used to be focused around EPL - l simply have lost interest completely and it's refreshing to see i'm not the only one.

F**k them all!

I watch Rangers and check out the scores in the EPL to check to see how my fantasy football players got on and that's about it.

Absolutely love it. I went to Liverpool Uni and with the rest of the club connections I'll admit to wanting Liverpool to do well as well as Leeds since a lot of family is from there.

I really enjoy watching the Bundesliga and Dortmund especially. Also try to stick Ajax games on because of the way they play.

And although it might get me lynched I actually enjoyed watching Kai Havertz tear us apart (from a purist's point of view). We were a good, tough team when we played them and it made no difference whatsoever.

anyone else the same?
Yup, I rarely watch these days. Even if I do I never manage the full game.
I never thought this could ever happen.

Back