Do you care about other football

I can’t even be bothered watching any of the cl or epl games

used to watch it all now I’d rather watch crime dramas golf or nfl

anyone else the same?
I only really care about Rangers but I go and watch my local team Nottingham Forest now and again. I want them to do well

I probably wouldn't even like football as a sport if it wasn't for Rangers.

Whenever I've watched basketball I'm far more entertained to be honest, always thought I'd end up watching an entirely different sport if it wasn't for Rangers. I still love football and watch other leagues regularly, but I think football would just be "another" one of my interests rather than the focus of my life.

Have always had a thing for Real Madrid. Ever since I was taken to see them whilst over there when I was little. Been a fair few time since and generally watch them on TV when on. So, consider myself a supporter but nowhere near the levels of Rangers which is my only true football love.

Only other teams I pay attention to are Chicago Fire and San Diego 1904.

I do however watch a shit ton of football from all over. Just don't really care about the clubs.

Used to watch at least 1 EPL game at the weekend, MNF and a CL game each night as well as Celtic away games (until they scored) on top of all the Rangers games.

Once we went in to admin in 2012 I lost complete interest in everything other than Rangers.

I look out for the Lincoln score, and try to watch them if they're live. Apart from that, the odd premier league game if there is absolutely nothing else to do. Watched some of the Sheep v Tims at the weekend, first time I've ever watched an SPL match that didn't involve Rangers - wish I hadn't bothered. Lost interest in international football a long time ago. I think the last Tournament I watched with any sustained interest was France '98.

Whenever I've watched basketball I'm far more entertained to be honest, always thought I'd end up watching an entirely different sport if it wasn't for Rangers. I still love football and watch other leagues regularly, but I think football would just be "another" one of my interests rather than the focus of my life.
I should quantify what I said by saying that as a youngster I absolutely loved playing football as a sport, but like you I very rarely get excited watching it and enjoy watching other sports a lot more.

Rangers is something you're born with and then can't shake off. I love watching every game we play and how we are tactically etc but other games, nah forget it.

Don't watch very much CL, but the Goals Show is a great idea that more competitions should do. RedZone is popular for a reason.

The Europa League is a far more interesting competition than the CL IMO.

I should quantify what I said by saying that as a youngster I absolutely loved playing football as a sport, but like you I very rarely get excited watching it and enjoy watching other sports a lot more.

Rangers is something you're born with and then can't shake off. I love watching every game we play and how we are tactically etc but other games, nah forget it.

Could possibly just be having as passionate a fanbase as ours is a double edged sword for football overall, as the Club the individual supports will take precedent over anything else. Probably why the TV companies love fans from Africa, India and China as they know they'll just change allegiances every few years and keep guzzling down whatever product is heavily marketed towards them whereas fans of Clubs like ours, if we were to ever fade into absolute obscurity (which we almost did), wouldn't be returning to the game in any capacity as once you've been a part of it there's not really any substitute or replacement for it.

Only watch us now .
Used to watch it all , knew most of the decent foreign players as well .
Couldn’t care less now .
I’d not have imagined that 10 to 15 years ago

I can’t even be bothered watching any of the cl or epl games

used to watch it all now I’d rather watch crime dramas golf or nfl

anyone else the same?

Nope - I have absolutely no interest in any other matches - lost all interest in football outside of Rangers.

Sad really considering I used to watch any match I could.

In saying that I liked having the opprtunity of travelling with my brother in law to see his team Charlton when they were playing in the North of England. More for the trip than the football.

Missing Ibrox very much - will be extra difficult in these winter months.

Yes, although I don't support anyone else.

I enjoy watching Ligue 1 and Bundesliga on BT, although I'm not a football hipster.

I'll watch EPL depending on who's playing. I also often watch MLS on Sunday nights even though the standard can be poor.

Yeah pretty much watch as much as I can. Watch the CL, Europa, PL, then if I have time will watch some Italian games.

Before 2012 yes I did, I watched most if not all the games from a Friday to a Sunday night from the English leagues 1 and 2 up to la liga then when David Murray sold us down the river to those bunch of charlatans I lost my passion for anything football related outside rangers.
After I only watched/went to see us, I had no care for anything outside us. I even lost the ability to care what the cretins in the east do, I still get nervous when we play them but before I would look at their results and fixtures as much as ours to see where or when I thought they might drop points. Now it just a look at league table when we are about to play them or any other.

The latter stages of the CL has been sensational for a good few years now.

Definetely. I can understand people only watching the knockout, but even the groups have had some cracking games. Look at last night with Atalanta and last week with Real Madrid. It's just the boring cliches from people that don't know what they're talking about.

Same as when people say they don't watch Serie A because it's defensive as if it's 1991.

Working down here in Essex I am surrounded by supporters of all the London clubs. They are passionate about their teams but I just can't share their enthusiasm about any of them. I am pleased to report that many of them now look for Rangers results and come to me to discuss our games. It seems they are buying into the message.

Depends on my mood but I’ve experienced a drop in interest in football outside of Rangers since Covid hit. The strange thing is that pre-lock down I watched at least 3 or 4 EPL/MLS games a week, but since then all I do is check the results periodically and maybe watch highlights. You’d think I’d be watching more but there is something surreal about BCD games I just can’t take too.

Rangers are different of course. I’m probably more passionate about us these days and watch all games, interviews, etc, except when work prevents it.

I'll go one further. I don't watch any other sport at all now except our matches.

Only exception, Scotland highlights, but don't go out my way, or maybe some World cup/Olympics when they are on.

Unless it's an entertaining watch I usually only last 20 mins max.... Very few are worth 90 mins of my time..

Used to follow England watch EPL

But all been Rangers for me since 2012

Leeds & Hamburg i’ll check results try get to a game once in a blue moon watch the odd
Match but life revolves around Rangers

I love football and will pick and choose the games I’ll watch. Only result I care about is The Famous Glasgow Rangers all the same.

Can honestly say since 2012 have not bothered with any other football , solely because of the way we were treated what we endured would not have happened anywhere else on the planet , maybe I’m just a moaning ol bugger rant over .

I've watched less this season than I've done in years which seems counterintuitive given there's fa else for us to do. Lack of crowds a big detractor definitely.

Edit: Feel I should add that I of course never miss a Rangers game regardless of venue or competition.

I watch a lot of football, but I have no emotional attachment to any other club.

I thought I did, but now not really. I'll put on a game that's not us and spend like 90% on my phone scrolling through Twitter and look up if the commentator gets excited. I'd call it a passing interest.

When coronavirus stopped all football, I was thinking "%^*&, what I'm I going to do and watch" then when all the football started back I relised I just didn't care about any of it unless it was Rangers of course.

I much prefer watching the NFL on Sunday night over any any game of football not involving us.

I enjoy watching football but I’m not emotionally invested outside Rangers, my son’s team and to some extent AC Milan matches.

No.
Rangers and that’s it for me these days. Spend a fortune on stupid sports channels that I practically never watch.

I am not a football fan I am Rangers fan, I don't watch any other football at all. I know a lot less about the game than others but I have a lot of interests outside football.

I watch any football on the TV really. Do i care about it other than our games= no.
Doesn't effect my mood whatsoever unlike Rangers games.

Arsenals invincible season era I was right into the premiership. Since then its went downhill imo and if I watch any it's more background noise than anything else.

Not in the least bit interested,That’s why when we are linked with players I’m first to ask who.

Will stick a big game on but find my attention wandering and I'm on my mobile before I know it. Only really care about rangers.

Watch Liverpool games not because I support them, just enjoy watching their style of football.
Other than that, very rarely. Certainly not scottish football anyway that’s just utterly tedious

Completely lost interest in English premier league and champions league, I'll watch the final. I haven't watched motd in years, maybe the odd time. I've been a regular at Harrogate Town though for about 6 years -great stuff :D

I can take it or leave it to be honest. Can't really be arsed with the Champions League until the late knockout stages so not watching any games tonight. Theres a good episode of Would I Lie To You on Dave just now, much rather have that on.

I can take it or leave it to be honest. Can't really be arsed with the Champions League until the late knockout stages so not watching any games tonight. Theres a good episode of Would I Lie To You on Dave just now, much rather have that on.
Even that has become boring for me now. Its the same teams every year.

Back