Do you do this leaving Ibrox . . .

Yep, lovely bit of conformity.

I’m sure a bloke on here the other day posted something like ‘this annoys me, been going since 1967 and I assure you we didn’t do this back then’ :))

Last edited:
No, always thought it was a Liverpool thing from when the players used to touch the this is Anfield sign. Seemed to start in the 80’s, either that or I never noticed until then.

Reading the replies above I get why some do it if they were following their dad and grandpa. I would be standing outside the pub with a bottle of coke and a packet of crisps until five past three if I kept my family tradition going.

Reading the replies above I get why some do it if they were following their dad and grandpa. I would be standing outside the pub with a bottle of coke and a packet of crisps until five past three if I kept my family tradition going.
If this was through the 80's then we probably know each other :D Spent many an hour wondering when the %^*& they would come out!

Heard a wee boy last season ask his Dad to lift him up to do it. The Dad said "No, you need to keep trying every time we come back until you're tall enough to do it yourself, that way it'll feel better" :))
My son asked to be lifted up to do it at the St Johnstone match.

I’ve managed to get a few tickets over the past year or so for me and my youngest. Used to have a season ticket cf4 but had to give it up a few years ago due to work etc, but used to do it every time I left.
Now that I have been taking my youngest(to small to do this) I have to lift him up so he can do it before exiting.

If this was through the 80's then we probably know each other :D Spent many an hour wondering when the %^*& they would come out!
I was on the inside of the pub by the 80’s:)). Yep, I agree that feeling of going from the buzz of travelling to the game to standing on your own outside a pub for an eternity thinking they had forgot about you.

Back