Do you do this leaving Ibrox . . .

Don't see the point really......now if there was the club crest there then trust would give the gesture some substance.

Yes for about 30 years but I've just found out from this post that my dad doesn't do it. Must have just been my uncle and me doing it.

That's what I always thought and why I don't do it.

As for tradition - you could only have done that since about 1980 unless they were doing it in the old main stand which I highly doubt. So it's not an old tradition (not for people of my age anyway!) EDIT - forgot about the old enclosure maybe that's where it was done

It's harmless but not for me
Your recollection is the same as mine. I got a season ticket towards the end of the 80's in the West Enclosure as the days of just turning up were over.

My dad does it every time we leave Ibrox. Noticed it when I was a kid and I started doing it.

Now it's just became a habit I always do upon leaving and I've no idea why. Went to a game with a mate last season and he asked why I did it and I had no answer...Still did though.

Forgot to do it after the old firm game in April...we haven't lost at home in a competitive fixture since. Yes, I will not do it again until we lose now...

Always did it when I was wee, and my dad used to take me out on his shoulders. Always stuck with me, even my daughter does it lol.

Every time. Never seen us lose the next game after doing it leaving the previous game.

Everytime ... i remember when my step son first started going - he would have been 8 and couldn't reach it - had to lift him up ... not so much of an issue now at 15 :)

Every time and was passed to me down from when I was young and my dad or his mate would lift me up to do it.

I don't know why but it's definitely something sectarian about it of course.

It's not a football thing either as I'd never dream of doing it at any away ground. Something very loyalist about it.

Last edited:
Never.

I know it’s traditional, it’s happened as long as I can remember, but something I could never quite understand so I never bother.

Every time. Never seen us lose the next game after doing it leaving the previous game.
That doesn't make sense. If you've done it every time how can you not have seen us lose in the next game? Did you do it at the game before the Scum loss last season?

That doesn't make sense. If you've done it every time how can you not have seen us lose in the next game? Did you do it at the game before the Scum loss last season?
I'm just a lowly MyGers member, so don't go to every game. I didn't do it after the previous game I went to before we lost to the opposition and take full responsibility for the result.

Do this leaving every game

But seeing earlier replies to the thread as to why they did is different to what i got told to why we do it. Was always taught that the picture of the queen was above the dressing room door and all the players used to tap it (same way Liverpool players tapped anfield sign) on their way out to the tunnel and the fans would do it for same reason.

That's what I always thought and why I don't do it.

As for tradition - you could only have done that since about 1980 unless they were doing it in the old main stand which I highly doubt. So it's not an old tradition (not for people of my age anyway!) EDIT - forgot about the old enclosure maybe that's where it was done

It's harmless but not for me
Was thinking the same about the stadium prior to its redevelopment. Only place that this would be possible would be main stand and enclosure.

From memory the terracing exits had nowhere to slap/tap - although I do seem to recall a caution sign being installed following the disaster which was at the top of the staircases over the top step I think which perhaps some people did slap.

Don't really remember it being a thing back then although there probably were some people who did it. It certainly seems to have become a thing, or more of a thing, following the redevelopment.

Not something I have ever done but if others get some form of feelgood factor, or have superstitions around it, then all good - I have my lucky pants for that :))

Every time. Took a few mates from down south to a game once, they were confused at why everyone was doing it when leaving.

My dad used to pick me up to do then once old enough used to jump to it it, now I do it without even thinking about it, regardless how much of a hurry I'm in I'll do it.

Yep, lovely bit of conformity.

I’m sure a bloke on here the other day posted something like ‘this annoys me, been going since 1967 and I assure you we didn’t do this back then’ :))

Guilty:))
Tradition ain't it and we are a club built on traditions, it's one of the things that sets us apart from the plastic clubs.
Hardly tradition when it has only started in last 30 odd years. I don't tap the top of the door when I leave the house in the morning:p

Back