Do you do this leaving Ibrox . . .

I used to… now when walking out I see people doing it and the wall crumbling above. I’m sure I’ll be called a killjoy but SJ rear exit beside the club shop is crumbling

Always wondered why it has to be above the door? And what’s the point of it ? It’s only a metal cover above the door.
Personally, I've always just touched the wall going out, no need to exagerate it as I've seen a few do, I've done it myself for maybe 30 years , why ? because the great Wullie Waddell said the stadium was built as a memorial to our 66 & the building means so much psrsonally & as someone already said no one knows, it could be my last.

I remember being in the Govan (SJ) the night it was officially opened & he addressed the crowd (against Liverpool) emotional stuff indeed .

No, never. From what I remember it all started after a documentary about Liverpool from the 80s where players touched the crest on the way out the tunnel and I’d sooner leave the theft of Liverpool traditions to fans of smaller, despicable teams.

Heard a wee boy last season ask his Dad to lift him up to do it. The Dad said "No, you need to keep trying every time we come back until you're tall enough to do it yourself, that way it'll feel better" :))
I didn't lift my son up either. He would take a run and jump - he was so chuffed when he reached the top of the door frame. He is now looking forward to the day he doesn't need to jump. Not far off. He always gives me a grin each time he does it. I have never done it.

No. Never done. It. My kids see other folk doing it do so the same. Or I should say try. My youngest can’t reach. I could lift him but it’ll be an achievement when he gets there himself

Every time I'm leaving and have done for decades...... more of a tap like you'd pat your old friend on the shoulder as you say goodbye to them, not the absolute battering some people do..... never know when you'll get back either!!! My son does it every game with me now.

I do it tap it gently like a loving touch. It may be the last time I ever leave the ground.
What I don’t like is the guys battering it on the way down.

Done it since I was a kid and expect I always will as I automatically do it when I leave the stadium. Even done it automatically after leaving Argyle House restaurant a couple of years ago

I do it every game and my young lad asks me to lift him up each time also.. always been a case of you never know when it will be your last.

Ah, the futility of life. We are but stardust joined together for a blink in the eye of time. Why do we even exist and what is the point of it all? Is that what you are aiming for here? Or are you just miserable?

Anyway. I do it every single time. No idea why, but to quote parklife, it gives me an enormous sense of well-being.
I don't believe in the futility of life, nor am I miserable.

I just don't see any purpose in touching the board above the door on the way out of Ibrox, or any other place for that matter.

I'm just a lowly MyGers member, so don't go to every game. I didn't do it after the previous game I went to before we lost to the opposition and take full responsibility for the result.
ok I'll let you off then. make sure you do it from now on!

Every game, My dad used to lift me up as a very young kid back in the late 80s to do it.

I used to until I nearly reached out and grabbed the elephant electric wire when leaving a safari camp in South Africa. Saw a few in front of me on Tuesday do it though.

Every time. Reckon it it is along the lines of a silent wish that, all being well, we'll see each other again soon. We all have examples of friends or family who didn't know when they were leaving Ibrox for what turned out to be the last time. My brother also does it and we've never discussed or questioned it. Otherwise not a matchday superstitious kind of guy, I pull on whatever pants are handy in the morning as long as they're mine.

Done it every single game since the eighties when I could reach, no matter the result. It's a way of saying "God willing I'll be back soon".
Though I know fine well that one time I'll be wrong... :oops:!

Would be an idea to place some of the blue dye that’s put on banknotes at the top so that we know which supporters can reach up to tap the exit area. Those in the shortarse loyal like myself can then get a punty up from the blue hand affiliate and we can all experience the traditional gesture when leaving the stadium!

Back