Do you do this leaving Ibrox . . .

Always done it for as long as I can remember. Asked my dad about it one day, he said when I was little I asked him to lift me up so I could do it, he asked me why and I said because other people are doing it.

28 years on and I still do it every game :D

Absolutely.

The Spurs game was my first in Ibrox since we were in League 1 (basically never in the UK). God knows when I'll next be there so made sure I did a 2 handed one this time around. It's just my way of saying see you later.

Always. Even more than this, I pause to imprint the feeling and mentally say goodbye to the stadium as I may never have the luxury of being close to her again. When you live abroad and see so few games in person, you want to make sure to remember the moment when on your deathbed.

I do it. A wee goodbye until next time.

I remember last home game of 2012 and the Bayer Leverkusen game when Covid hit - wondering if/when I'd be back.

I've done it ever since I was able to jump and reach it,I'm in my 50's now, and my son also does it....hopefully we will still be doing it for years to come. .ps .. sometimes want to smash it after some games.;)

Yup. My first game in 1990 my uncle had to lift me and I've done it since. Never really thought about it, but always do it.

Yep do it every time, before covid I had to lift my son up as he wanted to do it, after fans returning to grounds he could do it no problem, I have a great video of him doing it for the first time without being lifted up.

No I don’t now. Used to all the time, then started taking my son to games when he was about 5 and had to lift him up to do it.

He has had a season ticket now for 14 years, 23 now, and he does it every single time

Yes, as long as I can remember. No idea when I started doing it, but it’s a habit now. Kind of a spiritual thing in a way, as daft as that seems.

The fella I first watched as a wee boy doing it died last night peacefully in his Care Home.

Rest Easy Da.

The best Da and Bluenose I've ever met.

Latest posts

Back