Do you enjoy Old Firm games?

I enjoyed them up until the time of O'Neill.

His and his teams' antics - cheating, diving, kicking, time-wasting, accusations of corrupt officials -:)) - accusations of sectarianism and racism - introduced a new level of hatred which has never really gone away.

I hate them.
Up until just recently(Gerrard arrival),I’d have been quite happy never to play them again,the past 7 years have been torture as we couldn’t compete.
Under SG at least we look like we can give them a game although there is always the chance it can go badly wrong.
I agree with you ,I would be happy never to play them again ,even in the days when we where winning on a regular basis I hated the whole load of shite that goes with the old firm

Fine when I'm at Ibrox watching but cannot watch them on the TV at all.I feel a nervous wreck and smoke/drink uncontrollably through these games.In and out the room,pacing about and swearing at the top of my voice at everything and everyone.Brutal.

Unless we are bossing then and a couple of goals up there’s zero enjoyment. Even the 1-0 game at Ibrox I was thinking if we don’t score again they will equalise and get a penalty.

The butterflies are already underway. The enjoyment of the game depends on whether or not Rangers win. Then I recount every single second of the game with relish over and over and over again :))

I love them. Always have. The tension of the week long build up. the Uber tension on the morning of the game. the torture of them even having the ball during the game is unbearable.............
BUT scoring against them is the best feeling in football.
If we win, fookin nirvana, you can shag my wife, steal my car, drink my last cold can, smoke my whole stash......if we lose, well everyone knows, just don't under any circumstances even talk to me.
Sunday? Bring it on. 1-3 for the Rangers.

Although the highs and lows are extreme, its a unique experience that can offer an unrivalled delight. Provided some of my best days and looking forward to a lot more.

Nothing better watching us beat them and consequently nothing worse if they win. Even a draw is painful for me and I am unbearable for weeks if we don't win.

The game on the 29th was torture as it was only 1-0, but see when the final whistle went, best feeling in the world

rangers_emerson_hyndman_harry_forrester_and_lee_hodson_celebrate_453470.jpg

The highest high of a feeling.

Much prefer being there. I think hearing crowd on TV and hearing commentators etc gives me the fear. Can only truly enjoy it once you have a 3 goal cushion or 2 goal cushion with 10 minutes to go.

I remember being in the car during the last old firm at the piggery , was heading to a pub to watch but was running late so had the first 15 minutes on the radio. Horrible feeling , the commentators on radio make it so dramatic so every second almost you feel it’s a goal scoring opportunity for us or them

I'm quite sure they're taking years off my life

Conversely the feel good factor after a win is up there with the bestest of best feelings

Not really - don’t think I ever have.

The pressure on the result and, in recent years, the knowledge that even a Rangers win will be tarnished by some over the top or just made up negativity about Rangers players or supporters just zap much of the enthusiasm out of it for me.

The hours & days afterwards can be magic when we win but in general I don’t “enjoy” the matches.

Like most replies, I enjoy the aftermath if we win. The only feeling that beats it is winning a league.

But during the game itself, unless we're a few goals up and taking the piss, then no. I'm not a nice person to be around for those 90 minutes, apparently.....

Hate them. Only enjoy in retrospect if we’ve won and I’m watching it on tv with a stiff drink.

Much prefer actually being there than watching on tv.

It’s the only domestic game where I actually notice opposition players.

Normally I ignore the opposition and concentrate 100% on Rangers. But like others on here ..I get the fear the second that mob come over the half way line. Notice their players and where they are.

Having to watch on tv on Sunday and I’m always worse having to listen to Andy Walker etc.

Do them Rangers. Please.

I don't enjoy them, but it isn't the losing in them if that occurs, that causes me to no longer enjoy them, it is just that I resent having to share the 90 minutes or so with that club.
Stomach churning as they can be for the nervous, I actually now find that being involved with that club is stomach churning on its own without a ball being kicked.

My love for Rangers wouldn't diminish one iota if we were playing in England and even if it was games against teams from their lower divisions, I believe that I would still enjoy the football experience more than I ever do being involved with the IRA's child abusing sporting wing.
If I never saw another Filth shirt again it wouldn't be soon enough.

Maybe it is an age thing?

Far easier being there than watching on TV anyway....

Nothing gets close as a Rangers fan than witnessing a goal against them in the flesh.

Conversely, leaving Ibrox after the 5-1 game is not something I ever want to repeat following my team.
A contrasting feel of emotions between that 5-1 defeat to the 1-0 win at the end of last year.
The 5-1 defeat,a Rangers supporting friend text me with a few minutes to go asking if I was still there.
I replied with a rampant yes as i wasn't letting that lot seeing me leave the ground in humiliation with the game still going on.I hasten to add that I don't blame any Bear leaving early that day as the performance was disgusting and not befitting our great club....we were very fortunate it was only 5 we conceded that day if truth be told!.
The 1-0 victory was magnificent and we should have had a much more emphatic victory that day.
We were magnificent and they were awful to be honest!.My friend text me right after telling me how good we were and how we should've stuffed them.
The feeling at the final whistle was incredible,Bears hugging each other etc,it was very emotional stuff...there was a feeling that we had taken a big step forward to being 'back' so to speak.
Going to work on Hogmanay wasn't so bad for a change as the Tims were in hiding....a great feeling.
We've got the monkey off our back now and hopefully can take heart from that day to forthcoming games.
Games against Celtic aren't for the faint hearted that's for sure !.

I know my full street hates them. when I'm watching it on tv.they much prefer when it's at Ibrox that means I'm there.:D:D:D

Cant ever remember enjoying them

I guess I must have as a kid mind you

I probably didn't miss one in 30 years home away Hampden

I wont set foot in their place again until justice is done for the children whos lifes changed forever just because they want to be football players.

Funding that organisation is not for me.

Always hated them,I’d get physically sick.
I still do.I can’t watch a game live nowadays,thank god for Rangers TV.
I will watch the rerun (if we have managed a good result)

I know people had there reasons for wanting the broomloan to be took away but it takes away I think our chances of a win... and theres I can say at Ibrox but its lost a bit of its sparkle now.. we cannot moan about the way we are to be put in the ground on sunday as the same happened to them at Ibrox... I dont think I'll watch it.. I just get too nervous..

I am nightshift on Sunday but wont watch the game as I am a fuqing nightmare watching on the TV, a bit more relaxed when at the game but Rangers is and always will be a major part of my life so cant stop going, it's an addiction. I'm addicted to Rangers

Used to be really bad when I was 16-17 or so.Would sleep,wrapped in a Union Flag and be up at the crack of dawn with the tunes on.Ready for anything.

Tend to be more nervous now and don’t really enjoy them

Love them. I still have the buzz a week or two before with the build-up watching old games to get me in the mood. Winning is always great, losing against them for me is a nightmare and it will never change.

not being uber staunch but I genuinely hate them and wish we didnt have to breathe the same air as them , our years in the wilderness I did not miss them one bit .

Love them especially when we tank the vermin but not good for the old ticker because I get stressed to feck and lose my temper quite often.

Back