Do you ever bet Celtic to win on a coupon

Northampton Lodger

I love honking my horn
Last night doubled my money betting Rangers on a handicap bet , should have been easy money but got theire in the end. Got me thinking that picking say Liverpool, Rangers, Celtic, Dundee Utd , Leeds every week would see you win most weeks.

Even if I was going to win a fortune I wouldn't select them to win

No, wouldn't see the point in wanting my bet to lose.
A few seasons ago I used to put on 3 "certainties" to win. Think it was Chelsea, Man City and Rangers. Never came in over a six week period so binned it.

You
Last night doubled my money betting Rangers on a handicap bet , should have been easy money but got theire in the end. Got me thinking that picking say Liverpool, Rangers, Celtic, Dundee Utd , Leeds every week would see you win most weeks.

You put a handicap bet on Rangers minus 1 at something like 1/10 on minimum to double your money ? because a lot of firms were not even taking bets on a Rangers win, to make it worthwhile the handicap would have to be at least minus 3

You

You put a handicap bet on Rangers minus 1 at something like 1/10 on minimum to double your money ? because a lot of firms were not even taking bets on a Rangers win, to make it worthwhile the handicap would have to be at least minus 3

The bet was Rangers to score more than one goal and to have more than 10 corners.

A few seasons ago I used to put on 3 "certainties" to win. Think it was Chelsea, Man City and Rangers. Never came in over a six week period so binned it.

So that blows my idea - used to be a regular in the Star , still on the go.

Never will.

The bet was Rangers to score more than one goal and to have more than 10 corners.

I can't believe you would have got evens for that, it was evens to score 4 or maybe even 5 last night when I checked

Good bet if you did get evens on that, must have been some special offer even allowing for 10 corners

Never, I run a football coupon every Saturday at work offshore and put them down to get pumped every week, putting that paedo scum barstards to win goes against every moral and social virtue in my body.

I can't believe you would have got evens for that, it was evens to score 4 or maybe even 5 last night when I checked

Good bet if you did get evens on that, must have been some special offer even allowing for 10 corners

Probably was as I went on to Skybet to stick a few quid on Katic or Edmundson to score at anytime and it caught my eye.

Not saying I would bet on them but at their odds to win every weekend wouldn't even make it worthwhile on a coupon. All for a couple extra £.

Never been gambling for over 40 years would never put them on a coupon to win

True enough mate ,I was informed of a bookies in cumnock in the 90's that gave 13/2 on a treble with Rangers liverpool and the dhims to win every week,unbelievable the amount of times it never came in!

Reactions: Bjt
I never want them to win , but I do want my coupon to win.
The two don’t go together.
So easy answer is no I never bet them to win

Put the 50p left in my account on them away to Motherwell when I was on a terrible run in May 2005. Glad to say that run continued by the end of that game :)

Our football syndicate was on this swell. I was worried after 15 mins with zero corners.

On the OPs point at the last old firm game I stuck 20 quid in play on the draw at 85 mins, wouldve paid over 150 quid from memory . View was if they scores late on it takes away a bit of the frustration, if we won I didnt care. Happily it was the latter.

I haven't bet on any of their games for nearly 25 years. The last time I had them was on a fixed odds coupon back around the mid 90's. I took them to win at Motherwell that day and it ended in a draw. It was their result that burst my coupon.

Never done it.

I usually like to put a correct score on for a Rangers game , I dont even bet on the other team to score , just not right "wanting" a team to score against us.

would you ever have a threesome with Susan Aitken and Diane Abbott if they were paying you :eek:

scum and dundee scum i always back to drop points

No, but if you're ever gonna do it, make it vs Aberdeen which is basically printing money. They've won 17 times in the last 19 encounters. One of the defeats was in May as well, so basically any time theres something to play for, they'll win. A lot of them have been 2 goals or more scored too.

I have a few times hoping they burst my coupon. The logic being I'm shit at betting so hopefully they are the ones who %^*& my coupon up

Dont even allow that mob on ma telly so no way would i bet them on a coupon and want them to win f*** that

Never have, never will.
Once worked with a guy many years ago who is a Rangers fan, old firm game, he bet celtic to win.
His reasoning being, if Rangers win he's happy, if celtic win he's happy.
Mental.

I don't care if a result for them means easy money, they never enter my coupon unless it's Rangers to win against them.

Back