Do you expect COVID-19 to hurt supporters buses?

Born under a union jack

I don't know the inner workings of supporters buses, but could COVID-19 hurt them too?
If buses are only paid for each time they're used then hopefully supporters clubs would be ok but unfortunately the bus company not getting that income would harm them.

Hope everyone gets through this with as little damage as possible.

The fallout from this virus will effect each and every person.

All the money the government is rightly spending has to come from somewhere.

All the money business are losing through being shut is bound to lead to either higher prices to recoup some of the losses or staff being laid off.

As much as everyone wants the virus gone, they will be tough times beyond that for everyone.

Hope that’s cheered everyone up?

It won't financially impact them on running a bus, but if there are social clubs/pubs attached to that bus being ran and they close, it may have an impact there as it would remove the central meeting point.

We usually make a small profit on our bus every home game if the bus is full and by selling hidden team football cards.

Bank book is healthy so things are ok at the moment for us.

The other side of the coin is our bus company ,Maribill,take around 12 coaches to most home games so this will be hitting them really hard

I don't know the inner workings of supporters buses, but could COVID-19 hurt them too?
If buses are only paid for each time they're used then hopefully supporters clubs would be ok but unfortunately the bus company not getting that income would harm them.

Hope everyone gets through this with as little damage as possible.

We (Clarkston Loyal) have our annual sports dinner in the Thornton Suite every May and it's our biggest fundraiser of the season, (usually £2k to £3k).

It means we can run a bus to every away game, even if it's at a loss.

We've lost that, which is a boot in the baws.

I suppose I depends on whether the bus company owns its fleet outright or whether they still have active finance to service each month. One is more likely to survive than the other.

It's hard to say how things will look once this is all over.

A lot of it will depend on the business model of the bus companies, but you'd think the RSCs would actually save money. I'm sure many RSCs will have very good, long standing relationships with bus companies and will be keeping in touch. It may be in the interests of some RSCs to actually help out particular bus companies financially if it comes to it.

Our club had 27 hires this season, we hire from a fairly big company, I'm sure they'll be OK as they have a lot of school contracts, and I assume the terms of those contracts will see them paid until the summer hols were due. Harder hit the the bus co will be the local pubs and club who get a good turn from our members before and after games, and many of the members watch away games there if not going to game.

We sometimes make a small profit each home game which helps us run a bus to the vast majority of away games. We have a monthly bonus ball fundraiser that our members are continuing to commit too, which is great. There are weeks that we run at a loss as well so it evens itself out.

The Britannia Hall that we leave from has obviously had to close and they will still have the same outgoings, hopefully this works out OK for them.

The biggest miss for us is the social aspect of the boys coming together to follow Rangers. That stuff you can’t put a price on and is sorely being missed.

We sometimes make a small profit each home game which helps us run a bus to the vast majority of away games. We have a monthly bonus ball fundraiser that our members are continuing to commit too, which is great. There are weeks that we run at a loss as well so it evens itself out.

The Britannia Hall that we leave from has obviously had to close and they will still have the same outgoings, hopefully this works out OK for them.

The biggest miss for us is the social aspect of the boys coming together to follow Rangers. That stuff you can’t put a price on and is sorely being missed.
hope the hall is ok bud
and spot on with bold part

The fallout from this virus will effect each and every person.

All the money the government is rightly spending has to come from somewhere.

All the money business are losing through being shut is bound to lead to either higher prices to recoup some of the losses or staff being laid off.

As much as everyone wants the virus gone, they will be tough times beyond that for everyone.

Hope that’s cheered everyone up?
Yip now buzzing :)

Back