Do you feel more confident in Europe with Gerrard over Smith?

I’m not sure about the OP regarding Europe but I’ve no doubt whatsoever that Walter would win the league against this Celtic side. That’s is the main aim this season. Everything else is secondary.

I didn’t say there’s nothing to criticise. The sample sizes are completely different. Gerrard’s consists of one season in the early stages of the Europa League and that’s it. Incomparable. There will be similar games under Smith but there will also be results - good and bad - against a level of opposition that, at the moment, Gerrard’s team can only dream of.

If Gerrard stays for a similar amount of time as Smith did then it will most probably include horrendous results in Europe - it would be naive to think it wouldn’t.

People are dismissing Walters achievements, by the way. They always do in these threads. Read the next post after this one.
Europe is also not just wins and losses, as we seen with Manchester you can go far without necessarily winning games so progressing becomes more important than winning games.

1 and a bit seasons under different circumstances isnt a relevant comparison either as you say. What do you compare it to? Smiths worst year? Smiths best year?

Europe is also not just wins and losses, as we seen with Manchester you can go far without necessarily winning games so progressing becomes more important than winning games.

1 and a bit seasons under different circumstances isnt a relevant comparison either as you say. What do you compare it to? Smiths worst year? Smiths best year?

Nothing. Judge it on its own merits.

Back