Do you think players have a sneaky peek on here ?

Followbear93

The best I got was playing Junior and to be fair Iloved reading people views on our team (Benburb) and people views on me as a player - on Pie and Bovril.
surely they must have a peek on here, I would.

They probably would at youth level as they are breaking through, but as they become more mainstream and have had a taste of good and bad on fans forum the more professional guys would stay away from it.

I could see guys like leigh griffiths pouring over fans pages looking for good comments and crying at the bad ones and not sleeping at night, not our players though.

I quite believe some that support us might, I’m sure while at Boro Halliday was on RM, wouldn’t be surprised if Greg Stewart had an account it looked in either in the past. They probably see some stuff and just shake their heads at how bi polar it is.

Proper Rangers guys probably have.

For instance I’m willing to bet Andy Halliday had a log in for here before he signed.

Although I’d imagine (and hope!) that the club gives advice and training to players, especially the younger ones, one what they should as shouldn’t be looking at

We just won 5-0 and a guy started a thread saying Itten looks well below standard, so I'm not sure there's ever a safe time to look on here!
He’s Rusty more than anything and that pitch was a howler.
Agreed he didn’t have the best of games but we expect everyone to arrive and be brilliant right away and that doesn’t happen with everyone.

I remember when Walter was in charge and we drew 1-1 with (I think) St Johnstone. Someone on here posted that of him and Ally didn’t resign over it then they should be ashamed of themselves! Absolute madness!

Halliday used to post on Rangers Media when he was a young player. I’m sure a player could just search their name on Twitter these days and find out what the supporters are saying.

I hope so. I'm sure they'll pick up plenty of tips from guys sitting around with their arses hanging out of their jogging bottoms poking away on an Ipad.

I actually think a couple might have been previously, Halliday and Stewart I wouldn’t been surprised. Halliday’s brother probably is:))

Surely some one must know for certain?.

Whatever poster hates Craig Thompson the most may be KT.

If they do they must resemble the trauma torn actors and actresses reading Louella Parsons and Hedda Hopper after the've taken a dump in their hats.

Best to keep well clear, you are are either brilliant or crap on here and that changes game by game. No player with any sense would take any comment good or bad seriously.

I hope not, the shite that gets posted at times. I can understand moans and groans a bit in the match thread, but after it some just race to post negative pish.

I very much doubt it.

They probably get their fill of bile just from being on Twitter etc. And I don’t know why they use that stuff either. How many times a day do you want to read “yer pish”

I have a very good friend; he is the highest profile guy in professional football of anyone I know.
Recently he was assistant head coach at Bristol City, Lee Johnson was sacked; and the rumour mill went into overdrive; which lead to our own Steven Gerrard being touted/mentioned/approached through a third party(whichever).
This led most of us, myself included, to the OTIB(One team in Bristol) forum, to see what was being discussed.
As the approach for SG was dismissed PDQ, I kept going back to their thread to see what was being said.
My pal is Dean Holden. He`s done his badges (in Scotland); he`s been LJ`s assistant at Ashton Gate for some time; he`s subsequently been offered and taken the job.
The abuse that was posted about him over 100+ pages before he was offered the post, led me to private message him; and say ffs mate, don`t read the OTIB forum. It was outrageous.
The reply I received was thanks bud, you need thick skin; I don`t go near the forums.
Taking this as (probably) a common approach across the professional game, I`m imagining the likes of FF(and other teams forums)not to mention the media, is exactly what SG means when he speaks of our players `blocking out the noise`.
Of course you can`t control where players go on the internet in their downtime; :rolleyes: ; but if you had an instruction from Steven Gerrard
as your boss to `block out the noise` football forums would be a no go.
Sorry to be long winded. :p

Back