Do you think players have a sneaky peek on here ?

I think it's inevitable - surely at some point there's been at least a couple reading through the threads even if they're selective on what topics they choose

I expect the club would prefer them not to though

I just hope any that do venture on here - have rhino hide instead of skin

God knows what they must think of some posts on here

& I just hope Itten isn't aware of this forums existence at the moment & only comes on later after he's become a star & then he can gloat & call out his doubters incognito

The club should advise them not to, if they aren’t already.

For what it’s worth, Naismith had a login to the old board.

A relative of mine works for a Scottish football club and he has no social media presence at all. He said that if people saw him posting pro-Rangers stuff online then they'd blame him for their Celtic-supporting kids/nephews/etc not making it.

A relative of mine works for a Scottish football club and he has no social media presence at all. He said that if people saw him posting pro-Rangers stuff online then they'd blame him for their Celtic-supporting kids/nephews/etc not making it.

My mate has loads of contacts in the game having played academy for two English sides and his brother playing academy at a top English side and now playing semi pro, they’ve both got lots of friends that are professional. He started up a small time blog revealing transfer info a fair few years ago now, most info was lower league and insignificant and I can’t imagine he had much traffic at all, but he had a contact at a Prem club at the time and that club actually managed to track him down personally to tell him to take the site down or his contact would be punishable. I’m sure there will be players lurking but clubs seem to be getting much stricter!

If i played I probably would if things were going well, probs dodge it if we get beat though.

Would bet Halliday and that do, less likely the players that aren't fans.

Interesting comment that some of the 9IAR teammight post here though!! If so, you's are all fucking heroes :D Special shout to Ian Durrant if you're here- your testimonial was my first match haha

They will be well drilled about social media, including forums.

Amongst ourselves here posts have significance and certainly can provide emotional responses, but beyond this environment (naturally excluding real personal issues and ones that genuinely affect us en masse) it is in the larger scale largely irrelevant.

I say that as a big FF lover and someone who has on more than a few occasions ‘lost it’ btw.

They must have it well drilled into them not to engage with fans in anyway on social media. You never ever see them replying to any random fans comment. Would surprise me if they automatically blocked all comments from people that aren't confirmed friends/people that they also followm

There should be 2 different match threads, especially for people who dont have the game to watch.

We won 5-0 tonight, but it was a continual moanfest, only interrupted when were scoring. It's a difficult task actually trying to find out what's happening, when having to read post after post about players not being good enough, commentators who do peoples heads in and quality of picture.

Internet forums are (unfortunately) an anachronism. I would expect that there are relatively few people under the age of thirty on here, nevermind current footballers. They seem to prefer the immediacy of Twitter.

Haha. Standard for this place. Barisic was shite, Aribo was shite, Helander was shite, Tav was shite etc etc

They never, ever, ever learn.
Tbh with Barisic I was quite vocal against him, he was playing for Croatia and I just couldn't see why. I knew there was a player in there after watching him for Osijek but his free kick v st mirren was a massive turning point for him and he's by far the best LB in the league.

Itten needs some time to get him, his family settled and a run of games I have no doubts he will come good.

They should read the comments on the match day thread.
Fucking hilarious some of the mentalist shit on there

I remember when Walter was in charge and we drew 1-1 with (I think) St Johnstone. Someone on here posted that of him and Ally didn’t resign over it then they should be ashamed of themselves! Absolute madness!

There was quite a few wanting SG sacked at half time against killie in the match thread

The best I got was playing Junior and to be fair Iloved reading people views on our team (Benburb) and people views on me as a player - on Pie and Bovril.
surely they must have a peek on here, I would.

Hope not. The way some of the rockets on here abuse the players.

Pretty sure Barry Douglas had a login for here and the boy Greg Taylor at the scum or was it his dad?

Like most humans it’s great to be wanted / loved. Winning and seeing your name in all its glory is very satisfying. I suspect they tune in here when we win and avoid this place until the winning cycle returns. As we are all well aware, this place is extremely negative when we lose.

Back