Do you think we'll sign a couple of midfielders in January?

The title will be decided on if we address positions like centre midfield and right wing.

No point criticising manager or players when the job was half done, back them and fight for it.

We'll probably get some injured has-been on loan...an Oxlade-Chamberlain or Danny Drinkwater type.

Maybe a loan player might come in, I hope we do sign a few players though,
Unless Tillman shows what he can do

If we don't it will be a long second half of the season, No doubt the manks will sign players

There's a strong possibility Kamara will be away in January. That being the case i would like to think the board will release funds to Gio to buy a replacement who is ready to go into the 1st team and not another project signing. Im not averse to us signing Lewis Ferguson on loan with a buy option but if we as a club are pinning our hopes of winning the domestic league on just signing Ferguson alone then i would be worried about the direction our club is going.

Too many on the payroll to buy any more.
Lots of big wages OOC in the summer. Got to be scope to bring a couple in Jan to get them bedded in. Otherwise we are looking at having to bring in an entire midfield, a goalie, Morelos and Kent replacements all in the summer.

For me if we can get to the Winter break still within touching distance of the top of the table then brilliant, but this midfield just isn't cutting it. Watching guys like Jack or Arfield trying to make a forward pass is painful at times, as is watching Davis trying to keep up with guys 10-15 years younger than him.

I don't think the situation is helped by Lawrence being injured (seriously the last player I would have chosen) and Kamara + Lundstram being badly out of form, but if we can manage to keep winning until January there needs to be plans for a mini overhaul - no ifs, buts or maybes.

At least one, hopefully two fresh signings in the middle of the park would do wonders for this team right now.

I wouldn’t want to sign anymore midfielders that’ll impair the progression of McCann & Lowry,

I honestly thought that Ferguson moving in the summer would see an end to his name being touted on here for a couple of windows at least.

Just over a month since that window closed, and already he is being mentioned as a possible signing. :(

Apparently Kamara was as good as away and we had a new player coming in but it couldn’t get finalised on time so Kamara stayed put. If that’s the case then I’d imagine we will see Kamara gone and a new CM in.

For me if we can get to the Winter break still within touching distance of the top of the table then brilliant, but this midfield just isn't cutting it. Watching guys like Jack or Arfield trying to make a forward pass is painful at times, as is watching Davis trying to keep up with guys 10-15 years younger than him.

I don't think the situation is helped by Lawrence being injured (seriously the last player I would have chosen) and Kamara + Lundstram being badly out of form, but if we can manage to keep winning until January there needs to be plans for a mini overhaul - no ifs, buts or maybes.

At least one, hopefully two fresh signings in the middle of the park would do wonders for this team right now.
And a natural winger on the right please.

See the 10 m ringfenced for sands and tillman u turn on that please,let them go and go out and get a midfielder who can run quicker than me and a right winger.

We don’t need a central midfielder unless we’re losing 3 players from that area.
Like it or lump if, we have:

Sands
Davis
Jack
Arfield
Lawrence
Hagi
Lowery
Lundstrum
Kamara
McCann

All of the above can play in a 3 and I‘d say 7 of those in A 2 CDM role. You can see why the club is wanting to clear some out before buying.

I don't think we will bring anyone in. I think Lowry and McCann will make more appearances. We also have players scheduled to be back.

Kamara’s time with us does appear to be pretty much coming to an end. I am just struggling to see anyone paying us good money for him. But we probably need to just take what we can get and move on. At this point his value must be diminishing with every passing month.

Lundstram is the one who has disappointed me a bit this season. He hasn’t hit the heights of his second half of last season. He is still far from the problem in that team - we have plenty of bigger problems than Lundstram - but he just hasn’t hit his best form of last season.

It is certainly an area of the park which badly needs a refresh. I just hope Wilson and GVB see that.

I genuinely don't think we will tbh. Hagi and Lawrence are due back before then. Not a chance the club will spend money if they feel they don't have too.

Depends on the Kamara situation though. I think he'll likely go.
We’ve needed a RW since DC was sold and we need midfielders with pace and someone who can play box to box. We also need guys with real physique big hard guys not these “wee” technical types. Look at the guys playing in the CL or EPL in midfield. We line up pre game and the other team are all towering over us.

We’ve needed a RW since DC was sold and we need midfielders with pace and someone who can play box to box. We also need guys with real physique big hard guys not these “wee” technical types. Look at the guys playing in the CL or EPL in midfield. We line up pre game and the other team are all towering over us.

Height and build matters very little to me tbh. Thiago was the best player on the pitch on Tuesday night and he's 5"8.

This notion we need a team of giants is a load of shite tbh. We miss Bassey because his recovery pace was basically a cheat code. Aribo we miss his flexibility and technical ability more than anything to do with his physical prowess.

We'll just have to wait and see if any player who is made of glass n gaffer tape is coming up to the end of their contract that we can sign on a free.

Hopefully Hagi, Lawrence and Lowry will be back in the squad and we shouldn't need to. All 3 could make a big difference.

We are eventually going to have to sign the CM's we require.

Kamara, Jack, Arfield and Davis should all be moved on between January and the summer transfer windows. We never got the 8 we required in the summer, that has to happen at some point. Our midfield needs upgraded.

I doubt we'll do much in January. Away from midfield we need a new number 1 for next season and with Nikita Haikin (Bodø/Glimt) out of contract on the last day of December, he is a player we should be seriously looking at. Watched him again last night vs. Arsenal and he had a good game. Couple of good saves, comfortable with crossed balls, came of his line to close down a few Arsenal attacks on goal and showed a decent range of passing. 27 years old, tasted success, played in Europe over the last few seasons and is a UK citizen. He's also talked about his desire to return to Britain having come through various youth set ups in England (Reading and Chelsea). Broke into the Russian national squad before the conflict began between Russia and Ukraine). He was my choice for number 1 in the summer when it was possible to get him on a cut price deal but we opted to stick with McGregor and McLaughlin instead of upgrading that position.

No doubt sell Kamara which I’m not against, but end up replacing him with some cheap hopeful punt rather than proven quality which we desperately need.

The midfield position has been neglected for way too long and it now shows big time

Kamara’s time with us does appear to be pretty much coming to an end. I am just struggling to see anyone paying us good money for him. But we probably need to just take what we can get and move on. At this point his value must be diminishing with every passing month.

Lundstram is the one who has disappointed me a bit this season. He hasn’t hit the heights of his second half of last season. He is still far from the problem in that team - we have plenty of bigger problems than Lundstram - but he just hasn’t hit his best form of last season.

It is certainly an area of the park which badly needs a refresh. I just hope Wilson and GVB see that.
Is it maybe because we are asking him to cover too much, can’t be easy playing with different midfielders every week. Look at Liverpool he was paired with a midfielder in David who had no right to be there.

Agree on Lundstram this season Ald.

Not the worst but seems to be lacking that edge & vitality from late last season.

Will depend if anyone leaves
Agreed to a point, Lawrence, Lowry and possibly Hagi should be fit by then which gives u s way too many midfielders.
Kamara may go even then we don’t need anyone to replace him.
Next summer when Davis, Arfield and possibly Jack go that’s when we need to buy a decent box to box player.

Back