Do you use the catering at Ibrox?

• Every game (or thereabouts)

Votes: 66 11.8%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 229 41.0%
  • Never

Votes: 263 47.1%

• Total voters
It really rankles me that the standards are so low - and that people who want to give their money to the club are almost being forced in the other direction.

Option 1 : Walk a couple of hundred yards along to McDonalds and buy a 99p burger from the saver menu. It's basic, but it's edible, it's hot and it actually resembles and tastes like a burger. You'll be served efficiently and fairly quickly.

Option 2 : Buy a dog-burger inside the stadium for three times the price of Option 1. It's cold, inedible, tasteless and borderline unpleasant. If youre lucky, you'll be served by someone who doesn't have to take their socks and shoes off to count to ten, and might only miss half an hour of the game.

The catering operation inside the food kiosks is an utter shambles and an embarrassment to the club.

Personally, never, but my boys consider it part of their match day experience and usually have a pie or hot dog.

If I get to Ibrox early I'll sometimes get a bovril and either a pie or one of the wraps. The wraps are alright, nothing brilliant but edible.

Had a season ticket for the last 12 seasons and you could count on one hand the amount of times I have bought something. Food isn’t the best and it is far too over priced.

Drinks are ok, the rest of the menu is rotten and needs a major overhaul. would gladly pay more for better standard and options if it was going back in to the club.

The quality of the catering at Ibrox is more noticeable when you visit another ground. I was at Sunderland today where the catering is top class.

Theres a new supplier lined up that will be accepting card payments. Not sure who it is or when it starts
Card payments will help as right now it takes them an absolute age to ring things up and give you change.The concept of owing £8.10 and giving them £10.10 to simplify things hasn’t caught on :)

Theres a new supplier lined up that will be accepting card payments. Not sure who it is or when it starts

Glad to hear it’s changing. We use burger vans outside the stadium, but I’d much rather be giving the club the money.

Can’t pay with card (dark age stuff)!!!

Food is horrible!!! (therefore overpriced for what we’re getting)

If it wasn’t for keeping my son quiet/entertained - I’d have found myself voting “never” rather than “occasionally”

Overpriced and poor quality. Hopefully the catering gets a major overhaul soon.
it really is not even food. the brutal reality is for what they charge you get a stone cold bun, made of rubber with whats meant to be some sort of sausage savaloy thing shoved in and for how much? and please before anyone says but but its goes to the club? it terrible and as a club we have to be one of the worse for food. and drinks come to that.

It’s really slow and not being able to pay by card is crazy.

I use it more than not but am careful what I get. Stick to hot drinks and pies which are ok. I avoid burgers or anything else.

Glad to hear it’s changing. We use burger vans outside the stadium, but I’d much rather be giving the club the money.

Do the club make money on individual catering sales? I was led to believe they got a lump sum / interim payments as part of the contract and all sales go to the catering company

I am at the Ibrox xmas night right now and the food was terrible, the dessert was 3 blobs of choc mousse and that was it.

40 quid it cost and it's really poor value

Also it's like a scene from Phoenix nights right now but fuk it at least the money is going to the club so I won't complain too much :))

I am at the Ibrox xmas night right now and the food was terrible, the dessert was 3 blobs of choc mousse and that was it.

40 quid it cost and it's really poor value

Also it's like a scene from Phoenix nights right now but fuk it at least the money is going to the club so I won't complain too much :))
You should, good money going to Club, you should expect good food

Just wondering generally how many of us use the catering regularly. It never seems popular on here but certainly in the Govan Rear it’s always really busy.

I probably get a pie and a drink most games, though it can often take the full 15 minutes of half time to get served and half the time there is nothing really left.

Would be interested to hear responses.
Bovril

Card payments will help as right now it takes them an absolute age to ring things up and give you change.The concept of owing £8.10 and giving them £10.10 to simplify things hasn’t caught on :)
Generally speaking this annoys me a lot. The amount of people that look at you as if your from another planet & as if they don't know what to do when you hand over the £10.10 is sad really.

Or when you do it and they hit you with all smash in your change anyways despite having pound coins in their tills.

You should, good money going to Club, you should expect good food
I know but it's done now and we now have tunes such as bits and pieces on lol

This picture was worth it alone

20191214-191444.jpg

Pies in Bar 72 are £3.30 I believe
i don’t often eat in there the thing for bar 72 that are good are the early kick offs are it’s either open at 10 or half 10 on an old firm day most places are 11 and you get drink at hame time. the bar 72 season ticket is inclusive too all games like cup and european games are all included plus best seats in the house.

I'm the same, The Louden pre-match for a pie (their rolls are good, but their pies are just fantastic) and get a good selection of drink to pick from as well. Not to mention the beer garden has heaters and tables outside, Ibrox is baltic inside and has no tables either!

This is the reason why the matchday experience is dreadful, nothing to attract you into the stadium. You have to make an effort to get the crowd going because the club don't.

Good point about attracting you in to the stadium. If there was decent stuff on the go I would be in much earlier than the 5 minutes before kick off that I normally am

Just wondering generally how many of us use the catering regularly. It never seems popular on here but certainly in the Govan Rear it’s always really busy.

I probably get a pie and a drink most games, though it can often take the full 15 minutes of half time to get served and half the time there is nothing really left.

Would be interested to hear responses.

The options & price range are horrendous...I pay it as the wee man likes a pie at half time but it's pathetic tbh.

Sometimes I get a fizzy drink and a steak pie. The fizzy drink is watered down usually and the pie is mediocre. £6 for that is absolutely criminal considering how bad it is. Before folk say, I cannot bring drinks into Ibrox it’s against the rules. I sometimes just get a pie if I’m feeling one.

We can’t even use contactless, %^*& me if you’re a football fan visiting Ibrox for the first time. We’re stuck in the 90s.

If im desperate. Usually just a juice or a bovril, very rarely ill brave a pie or a wrap.

The burgers are horrendous and the one time my nephew tried a pizza it was both stone cold and overcooked to within an inch of its life.
Where is this pizza you speak of?

Pie an Bovril loyal almost every match and only a fiver :)

I think it's okay but could maybe do with a few tweaks in it's menu.

Before the game on Thursday myself and my father ended up eating in the cafe at ASDA in Govan. Cremated sausage roll, chips and beans (at least that is what they said they were). Made the food at Ibrox look award winning. In hindsight it should have been either Ibrox or McDonalds for food.

Back