Do you walk on memorial bricks

radiotab

I walked a different route yesterday due to the weather going round the stadium under cover.
I couldn't walk over the memorial bricks as I found it disrespectful and there seemed to be people doing the same behind the copland.
Or was I just imagining this?

Nope. Just wouldn't feel right, would imagine some of these bricks now act as a memorial to loved ones who have passed away.

Always avoid them. No idea why the club don't put something around the outside to stop people from standing on them.

It's not just disrespectful, it must also be frustrating for people who spent money on them to have them put on the ground.

Try not to but because of how far they come out you're forced to if you need to tend to your own.
Personally think when the walls were finished a new wall could have been built behind the Copland hiding Edmiston House that could have been used.

I was just thinking about this yesterday. There,s panels on the walkway behind the Broomloan and there were loads of people walking over them while at the same time several people were reading them and taking pics.

Always avoid them. No idea why the club don't put something around the outside to stop people from standing on them.

It's not just disrespectful, it must also be frustrating for people who spent money on them to have them put on the ground.

Everyone who purchased them will know that they're on the ground. They're advertised as such.

I’ve never considered them as memorial bricks as the people I know that have a brick are still alive and have therefore probably walked all over them. I’ll avoid doing that now.

Reactions: WBD
Everyone who purchased them will know that they're on the ground. They're advertised as such.
I didn't know that apologies!

Would have thought they'd maybe have redesigned them for the ground. Made them more of a walk way type stone than wall bricks?

I always avoid and have thought about this over the time, they now are so far out it can be hard when busy to not to
I noticed with the bad weather people were just under cover when behind them there was lots of space which was where the bricks were.

I didn't know that apologies!

Would have thought they'd maybe have redesigned them for the ground. Made them more of a walk way type stone than wall bricks?

No need to apologise!

Basically the paving bricks have been sold since the club ran out of space on the stadium. It’s not ideal but it’s better than nothing, I guess.

I agree that they could have been better designed.

I noticed with the bad weather people were just under cover when behind them there was lots of space which was where the bricks were.

To be honest if one was my brick and it was pissing it down with rain, I would be fine with someone standing on it, if there was no other option.

I went to find the brick for my grandad recently and whilst his was fine, many of the others were in a pretty poor condition. I hate to say this but this type of thing is not uncommon with Rangers. Good intentions or not its poor that it has been left to decay. Stadium is not in a great way either if were being honest

Mine is on the ground outside the megastore. arseholes sit on the windowsill and spit on the bricks.

I think it’s crazy having them there, I stepped on them accidentally last night when leaving the ground but moved the minute I realised.

They’re not all memorial bricks. My dad has one and he’s still with us. I’m in the East Enclosure, so have never really thought about it. You make a good point but.

Mine is on the Paul Gascoigne Walkway on the ground. I'd guess more than 50% are not memorial bricks.

Surely walking on this part is unavoidable ahead of kick off?

Looked for my sons yesterday with no joy. The ‘new’ paving bricks seem nowhere near the same quality. Some you can barely read.

I have commented on this on previous threads always thought having them on at the ground wasn't the best idea- I always avoid walking on them through respect but some folk don't even see them tbf.

I don’t have one, but if I did, I wouldn’t mind anyone walking on it.

It’s quite a common thing to have these now. I see them in towns and villages where there’s a large foot fall. Beach resorts in Oz have them with paving stones to celebrate things like weddings, romantic messages, sports teams, surfers.... They seem to be able to stagger them along a distance rather than bunch them together. It’s very nice to see and as long as they are kept clean, it is expected that people will walk on top of them. It’s supposed to be part of your journey.

Having said that, I’ve not stepped on any of the ones at Ibrox. They look too much like memorial tomb stones. Make them brighter and varied in colour and they can be part of the thoroughfare. We should be able to walk on them.

My family have got some on the Andy Goram panel and some inconsiderate oaf was leaning against my grans one and she's been dead 15 years now.

Gave the fella a nipple cripple then walked off.

If you have Memorial bricks on walls and pay homage to them then you have to walk on the paving bricks. Also at full time how do you avoid walking on them?
Spitting on them is a different matter altogether.

Absolutely not. I nearly got lifted for having a drunken rant at a police officer who was on a horse that was standing over the bricks.

It's already been mentioned, but they are not memorial bricks per se.
They were just sold when the obvious spaces on the walls ran out. I bought one when they came out for someones birthday present.

The flip side is I don't normally walk on them because I have the 'wanting to keep them good' thing in my head.

Minds me of the time I had the misfortune to have to deliver something to celtic Park, I was walking over the walkway covered by ex players names, I started to scuff my feet when I was walking when I noticed the doorman holding the door open for me, I had to keep shuffling my feet as if that was the way I had to walk till I had been in and left the place :oops:, don't think it fooled the guy, when he asked me where I was from I said Larkhall, he laughed and said don't worry you won't be long and you can walk to your car on the left.....

I went to the hospitality at the piggery with my company before I retired. I walked through as much horse shut as I could, then walked through the main entrance and right across the shamrock which did not please many of them

Back