Docherty reminds me of a young Arfield

Arfield has never been an athlete like Doc.
Arfield looks as though he is towing a caravan at times.

Mate I could do lap after lap with Doc and you'd think he was towing a caravan.

Put the 2 of us into a competitive football match lthough and then it would be a completely different story.

Arfield is a far more complete and intelligent midfielder than Doc.

Doc may well develop to the level required for our midfield and I really hope he does, but he's certainly not there at the moment.

He's one I really want to see make it, but his passing, positional sense, control all need to improve.

You talk about Kamara.

I suggest you watch his midfield performances in the LC Final and at the piggery on the 29th December.

Absolute midfield masterclasses and he's going to the Euros as a first pick for a Finland team way superior to Scotland.

Yes his form has shaded recently, but remember he's the same age as Doc and has a lot of developing still to do.

Halliday is full back cover, Barker and Ojo are forwards, so I don't see what relevance they have to Doc's situation mate.
The relevance is we have
Jones
Barker
Ojo
Halliday
Polster
Kamara
All get game time
We had Andy King getting game time
We had 2 kids get game time

and yes we played great v the separate entity but since then jack and David have been shocking in the league

and they can continue to be given we have fek all options

Game winning performane for Hibs against the mentally challengeds then the gaffer will have no option to take notice. He's not doing anything wrong at the minute but at the same time he's not doing anything dozens of others who couldn't make the step up to Rangers haven't done before

The relevance is we have
Jones
Barker
Ojo
Halliday
Polster
Kamara
All get game time

and yes we played great v the separate entity but since then jack and David have been shocking in the league

I was at the East Fife game when Doc started in his favourite right midfield position.

East Fife sat deep all match and the game passed Doc by.

Steven Gerrard and Gary McAllister will be a far better judge of a midfielder than you or me.

If you think Doc is a better midfielder than Kamara, who's been outstanding against Celtic, Porto, Feyenoord amongst others, then we're never going to agree on this.

We'll agree to disagree.

Completely
Hibs play teams like killie hearts Hamilton Motherwell St Johnstone

Doc plays very well it seems against that level

would be pointless having a player stand out against hearts St Johnstone Motherwell etc
You think its the same?

Did you watch him tonight? He scored with 5 yards of space inside the box. You don't get that at us.

Give him the ball with 10 men behind the ball, and he'll do nothing. Isn't smart enough or technically good enough.

The relevance is we have
Jones
Barker
Ojo
Halliday
Polster
Kamara
All get game time

Kamara is levels above Doc, his career so far has shown that and so will his future career.

The rest are the same level as Doc, yep. Bang average.

Where do you start with this? Kamara is 5x the player of Docherty
Yet he has played dreadfully in pretty much every game
Separate entity at Ibrox
Geeze tynecastle ffs
The first leg v Braga how the fek he got back on after half time
The list goes on

we have gone from 50 grand glen Kamara to Dundee are robbing bassas
And one good performance doesn’t cut it

if doc was given the same chances he would be a massive improvement

The relevance is we have
Jones
Barker
Ojo
Halliday
Polster
Kamara
All get game time

Well that’s because Kamara is better than Docherty. Did King even play 90 minutes, plus you’re argument is really flawed, I’d be surprised if those names mentioned played a combined 120 minutes in midfield for Rangers this season

Separate entity at Ibrox
Geeze tynecastle ffs
The list goes on

Honestly. You probably believe full backs shouldn’t go past the half way line any more and demand 3-5-2 every time we drop points

Separate entity at Ibrox
Geeze tynecastle ffs
The list goes on

Out of interest, what matches have you seen that Doc has impressed you in? You can safely say there are 8 players in our squad who "aren't on his level", so I'm sure you can enlighten us a bit more.

There's obvious signs of improvement in his play or he was always good enough at SPL level.

It's no slight that he couldn't get in ahead of Kamara, Davis, Arfield or Jack.

The whole point of a loan deal is to impress everyone and that's what he's doing.

Well that’s because Kamara is better than Docherty. Did King even play 90 minutes, plus you’re argument is really flawed, I’d be surprised if those names mentioned played a combined 120 minutes in midfield for Rangers this season
They all have more game time than doc
They are all inferior players to doc
Are we watching different games since new year ffs
Our midfield is shocking in the league
Our bench options are a joke
The listed players all feature

Out of interest, what matches have you seen that Doc has impressed you in? You can safely say there are 8 players in our squad who "aren't on his level", so I'm sure you can enlighten us a bit more.
Given the fact he doesn’t get a look in then I’m going by the quality we signed
The quality we near ruined in that Murty midfield and his current form
And we have all seen our embarrassing league form and our midfield in particular

all safe as houses they know they are playing next week

Every average Scottish midfielder is John McGinn, every lower league striker is Jamie Vardy & every old defender is Davie Weir. Any more lazy and often wrong arguments?

He has been a stand out in every game of his loan spell as he was at Shrewsbury, culminating with him being their player of the year therefore my argument is neither lazy or wrong...Your condescension and ignorance do you no favours!,

I've seen our midfield out worked too many times this season. Sometimes you need a grafter in there. Docherty deserves a chance with us next year.

Context please.

3 assists & 1 goal v BSC Glasgow
1 goal & 1 assist v Inverness

So yeah, that leaves Docherty with 1 goal (very decent strike) v Killie and 1 assist (a shot that landed at Doidges feet) v Livi.

This forum is wild, absolutely wild.
And people wonder how the mentally challengeds have won a treble treble with our standards so low

Reactions: MSF
I like docherty, however, our system doesn’t quite suit him. Our 3 midfielders operate in a triangle, with each of them having to alternate depending on how the wave of attack or defence is going.
Docherty is more a classic up n down central midfielder - therefore, gets stifled in our system.

I have always believed that our plan B (if plan A is not working) should be ditching the triangle and instead have 2 of the central midfielders be given freedom to play up n down in order to give the opposition something different to think about.

docherty has a role at us in the future if we wake up to needing different formations for different situations.

I like Docherty but I've not time for sentiments.

If we want to be real about winning domestically, we bin players like him.

And Halliday. And Davis. And Kent. And Alfie. And Goldson. And Katic. And Kamara.

Since the turn of the year every single one of them have bèen pish in league games.

One good euro result does not paper over we have blown a right good chance to win a league title.

If he excels with Hibs, he has a chance with us. But realistically, he needs to be their POTY to do that.

Hopefully that's how it pans out.

For those decrying the fact that he’s performing in our league for Hibs and suggesting that’s his level...Remember McGinn? Need I say more, ok I will, Docherty has not had a fair crack of the whip under SG.
John Fleck as well,mate. Still think he's worth keeping hold of.

You think its the same?

Did you watch him tonight? He scored with 5 yards of space inside the box. You don't get that at us.

Give him the ball with 10 men behind the ball, and he'll do nothing. Isn't smart enough or technically good enough.

Our players are constantly missing sitters with more than five yards of space in the box! That’s part of the reason we are trailing the filth by 12 points because we don’t take our chances!

in fact our players had the freedom of the box the other night against Braga and contrived to miss absolute sitters when it was much easier to score! Look back in the past few weeks and make an honest assessment of the glaring misses by both our star striker and attacking midfield.

Morelos missed a couple of sitters where he had considerably more than 5 yards of space at St Johnstone. The league cup final was, excluding the offside filth goal, lost off the back of ridiculous profligacy including a missed penalty.

Game after game our shots on goal stats are probably 4 times greater than our opponent yet we’ve only scored seven goals in the league since the winter break. We do not get enough goals from our midfield and it’s a fallacy to say we don’t make chances because teams park the bus!

I dont understand why if gerrard really didnt see a future for doc then why not punt him to or after his stint at Shrewsbury where his performances were drawing attention making him easier to sell. It's a given hes not gonna get the game time he needs with our preferred midfield lineup. I think he has attributes which can be built on and I do think he will have a part to play. I think his loan spell at hibs is nothing more than a chance of regular game time and an opportunity to hone his skills in a competitive environment.

The way he ghosts in to the box to get on the end of chances, added to his workrate, his fitness and knack of being in the right place at the right time in the area.

Yet another goal tonight.

Regardless of whether he stays or goes I hope he has a fine career.

He is a good player who will perform at a good level one day.

Never had a chance at rangers , player of year last year at was it Shrewsbury, Hibs best player last 3/4 games massive Gers fan , we should keep him

For those decrying the fact that he’s performing in our league for Hibs and suggesting that’s his level...Remember McGinn? Need I say more, ok I will, Docherty has not had a fair crack of the whip under SG.

I completely agree with you re, Docherty, he simply hasn't been given a fair chance under SG to show what he can do. I think part of the problem is the intense pressure our manager is under to win things - as all Rangers managers are - so, if by giving Docherty a run-out in midfield Gerrard believes the team would be weakened then that is a risk he obviously isn't prepared to take.

I can understand taking such a position when it comes to OF, or big European fixtures, or even against 3rd or 4th place teams in the SPL where the strongest XI probably needs to play, but surely against the lesser teams against whom Docherty has already proved himself capable, that he should be given at least some playing minutes.

This reluctance to integrate players like Docherty and other the promising prospects into the first team squad, is one of Gerrard's weaknesses as a manager IMO.

A whole different world playing for Rangers and wearing the jersey. He has no pressure whatsoever playing for Hibs. I wish him all the best and hope he comes back and proves many wrong.

He has been a stand out in every game of his loan spell as he was at Shrewsbury, culminating with him being their player of the year therefore my argument is neither lazy or wrong...Your condescension and ignorance do you no favours!,
Okay so player of the year at Shrewsbury means he’s going to be a quality premier league player. Makes much more sense when you put it like that.

I love the way folk just right Docherty off because he didn't hit the ground running when he came here, I bet they're the same ones screaming about Barasic last season not being good enough. Docherty came into the side at a time when we were struggling, a time when the likes of Ryan Jack was struggling, indeed Docherty totally bossed the Rangers midfield at Ibrox. He's played well on his 2 loan spells and even got good reviews this season in the closed door games, he's made 1 start this season in a side with half a dozen changes in hellish weather conditions when no one shined. If Gerrard doesn't fancy him then fine but don't give me this he's poor crap as that's just nonsense

I really want him to succeed as a Ranger, but suspect he stands out at a lower level but isn't quite good enough for a Rangers team challenging for titles. Unless he's willing to be a back up only.

For me Docherty has a lot more potential than Kamberi, if he does go it should be to a team with deeper pockets than hibs

Back