Docherty update on Rocksport .

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen more of him on the highlights than i have at the games and i go to most games.
Actually sums me up perfectly.
A couch sitter who hasn't seen him play, and can't say I noticed him too much against us.
As I only really watch Rangers... And as mad as that sounds I know there are plenty on here, even those who attend matches only do the same.

Anyhoo, I don't see how someone who sits on a chair or someone who stands will necessarily have seen any more of him?
I suspect couch sitters may have seen more of him since (contrary to me) they are most likely to be the ones watching the SPFL highlights shows on whatever channels they are on.

Daily Record saying no bid has met their (Hamiltons) value

That said, the detail only states that the boy is still in their plans for their fixture!

I dont have a clue how good he is, and I can’t believe the excitement over him on here. I really hope he’s as good as been made out.

If anything shows where we as a club are currently sitting in the stages of our rebuild job after the damage done by green etc, is the excitement and expectation put on a 600k signing.

What does 600k buy you in all honesty? A decent spl player with potential. My fear is he’ll have one or two bad games and the crowd will treat him like we’ve spent 5m on him.

I want to sign him, he’s a good player, but he’s not the second coming as some are making out. He may end up being that good but not yet

Spot on. At first, it was quite interesting, now it’s just a complete shambles. Everybody and their granny, who know no more than you and I about what’s going on behind the scenes, giving their unique take on what’s happening. It’s such a waste of time, so much so that, when I view a thread these days, I go straight to the last page and ignore all the posts on the earlier pages. That approach is not more informative, it’s just bloody quicker and less stressful.

Exactly what I do as well.

As I have said on other GD threads I have seen him probably more than most apart from academical.

My father in law is an accies supporter and as he is getting on a bit I sometimes take him to their home games.
I always liked Crawford but he was similar to Lewis Macleod , deep sitting and a playmaker.
Docherty plays more like McGregor of Celtic.
He is robust and strong and creates things and scores goals also.
He is the best midfielder I think accies have produced and include McCarthy and McCarthur in that

As I have said on other GD threads I have seen him probably more than most apart from academical.

My father in law is an accies supporter and as he is getting on a bit I sometimes take him to their home games.
I always liked Crawford but he was similar to Lewis Macleod , deep sitting and a playmaker.
He is the best midfielder I think accies have produced and include McCarthy and McCarthur in that

If that is right then what a cracking player we could be picking up for £600k. I’ve seen nothing of him other than our games and I don’t remember anyone bar Ali Crawford one game looking decent.

Hopefully the boy is as good as you say.

You are a better man than me remembering that :) although I’m usually half cut so perhaps that could have something to do with it.

He is still a young lad and will have to improve a lot.
However with better players around him I think he will. Hamilton know they have a good player who we might sell for big money in a few years time. I think they are trying to ensure they get a decent percentage of it, like they did with the other midfielders they sold.

Just a word of caution ,please allow the
Boy to progress at the clubs pace IF he signs and not be too disheartened if he takes a while to fit into the team ,he will undoubtedly make mistakes ,he will have a few bad games ,and at that point we will hear all the usual pish ,he isn’t being coached right etc ,it’s a young boy that’s cost us 600k ,he isn’t going to dominate every game ,he might even sit a few games out but please give him a fair amount of time to show us he can handle the jersey and meet the managers expectations ,he is a good player at a much inferior team ,if he can make the step up then he might have a chance .

I really don’t get the hysteria .

Boy to progress at the clubs pace IF he signs and not be too disheartened if he takes a while to fit into the team ,he will undoubtedly make mistakes ,he will have a few bad games ,and at that point we will hear all the usual pish ,he isn’t being coached right etc ,it’s a young boy that’s cost us 600k ,he isn’t going to dominate every game ,he might even sit a few games out but please give him a fair amount of time to show us he can handle the jersey and meet the managers expectations ,he is a good player at a much inferior team ,if he can make the step up then he might have a chance .

It isn’t hysteria. It’s being excited about a potentially very good creative mid.

Scotland always seems to develop defensive mids or deep sitting playmakers.
We don’t produce many dynamic mids who break from the middle into the box and takes chances.
Celtic have it to a lesser extent with Mcgregor we had it with a young Iain Durrant.
Greg still needs to progress but I think he will be our best midfield signing for a few years.

Th
Bullied our midfield in the 2-0 game.
2-0 game we should've 2-0 up at HT ? And then they scored 2 break away goals ? I'm not saying the lad isn't a great looking prospect but our midfield wasn't bullied our strike force were in effective

Is he signing as well .... STFU it will be done, when its done which is looking like today. So wind your fvcking neck in.

chill brother, we are all jock tamsons bairns...well apart from the timposters on here:D

Thats big praise to give him given the careers both McCarthy and McCarthur have had.

Will be glad when this window closes. Uncertainty is a pain. Still nowhere as bad as the classic Jelavic saga though lol
Still rage over that Whyte shyster selling him cheap during our darkest hour

Hamilton must really rate the boy and reckon he will go high in the game if what we are hearing that add ons and percentage of future transfers fees are the sticking points of his move.

Hope this gets done but I'm struggling to see why there is so much hardball over a player from a team that barely gets over 1k fans most weeks

I reckon some of the fans 'desperate' for him to sign, are mainly of that ideology because it appears that we are failures as a club for failing to get it through - and for no other reason.
As previously stated by others, many of us (myself included) are pretty oblivious to his talents and after the great dealings we have done in the transfer window so far, if this one doesn't go through - so be it.
I don't anticipate a massive queue of Bears at the Erskine Bridge - just some mock outrage on the forum for a few hours.

Why are no English clubs sniffing around then?

Sorry mate but there is nothing solid that would suggest this will be done today. Hope it does though.
If as quoted earlier he is carrying a knock which would possibly keep him out for tomorrow’s game then there is no real rush for it to be done today other than to put all of us at rest

Was about to say the same.

Is it because he is ‘one of us’?

The hysteria that is created around some of our signings sometimes beggars belief!

Especially the one’s that are ‘one of us’

He is a better than an average player in the SPFL and has shown promise but the ‘shirt’ may be too heavy for him and if…we get him …he will need time to adjust to playing for the ‘famous’.

Some people need to calm their jets!

I respect Chris Graham also, however was it not his own choice to step down from the board?

If it was it was because the board wouldn’t back him. His tweets were for me accurate even if ill advised. The board should have simply rode out the storm.

Th

2-0 game we should've 2-0 up at HT ? And then they scored 2 break away goals ? I'm not saying the lad isn't a great looking prospect but our midfield wasn't bullied our strike force were in effective

Just 2 nil
I remember looking at the time an it said 17 min
An I think we could have been 4 up
Morelos could have had or should have had
2 match balls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back