Does A Null & Void Season Stop “... In A Row”?

It's not just their first four that are meaningless.
Such was the damage inflicted upon us it took at least a couple of years to recover after our return.
It is the most tainted sequence of league titles in the history of football.

If it is null and void then the sequence has been broken. Back to 1 as far as I'm concerned. It's not our fault that the league hasn't been able to finish properly and has caused the skipping of a league season.

If you look at the history books it will show that the season could not be played to a close. They'll still be League Cup winners, so the season has "existed". If they won the treble next year, would they be back-to-back treble winners? No, it's impossible because they won the League Cup.

The powers that be will bend over backwards to make sure they win it anyway, either by default or by league extension. More than likely an expanded league next season to keep the teams in promotion/relegation on side. Everyone's a winner, bar us.

We will be both going for our first league win as neither team won the previous one.

0132_637103124432964158.jpg

:p

Nope - if Tiger Roll wins next years Grand National it will still have won 3 in a row. You don't reset something just because the event is cancelled. Exactly the same if Tiger Woods wins next years Masters.

There is always a previous winner ...

If they do win the next title then quite clearly they'll have won 9 in a row, I'll accept that fact but for the major Sevocoer's it'll be the 1st :))

They will have won 9 out the last 10 but not in a row because it's simply not semantics just very very basic english, if this year is null and void then they cannot win consecutive titles, thus it's 'not in a row' this isn't clutching at straws just the way it is.

Even the poets know this and that's why they are desperate to be handed something without officially winning it. What surprises me is how so many scum fans are posting on FF with the 'it would be clutching at straws patter', can you imagine the glee amongst that mob if it was us in this position?

There needs to be a concerted effort by all Rangers fans to stop this lying down to the scum pish patter and go on the offensive, the leagues going to be reset to zero and tgat's the fucking end of it!!

They,'ll be going for 1 if the season is null and void.the title gives it away 9 in a row .not 8 and we can win 9 the following season if this season is null and void.same with if the title is awarded to them it would still be they only won 8 in a row .as they were awarded their 9th title they didn,t win it.

Season 19/20 will always be that unfinished season. It was going to be 9 this year, but never was.

There is a gap no matter what way you look at it.

Reactions: VGM
Nope - if Tiger Roll wins next years Grand National it will still have won 3 in a row. You don't reset something just because the event is cancelled. Exactly the same if Tiger Woods wins next years Masters.

There was no Grand National this year. No horses ran the course, or even part of the course.

There was a football season 2019/20, and games were played. No one won the title, no one finished first.

If Celtic had won every match this season they would already be champions

But they have not

2019/20 - No title awarded.

(Awaits New Member doing the maths ;))

I am sure we could have a bit of fun with any of the scum fans when we playfully keep telling them that it's back to one in a row at every opportunity. They do like to try to wind us up that "the Rangurs are deed" any time they can but still moan about wanting more tickets so they can come to watch us at Ibrox twice a season. Would be fun watching them self implode while shouting that it's still 9 in a row.

They will have won 9 out the last 10 but not in a row because it's simply not semantics just very very basic english, if this year is null and void then they cannot win consecutive titles, thus it's 'not in a row' this isn't clutching at straws just the way it is.

Even the poets know this and that's why they are desperate to be handed something without officially winning it. What surprises me is how so many scum fans are posting on FF with the 'it would be clutching at straws patter', can you imagine the glee amongst that mob if it was us in this position?

There needs to be a concerted effort by all Rangers fans to stop this lying down to the scum pish patter and go on the offensive, the leagues going to be reset to zero and tgat's the fucking end of it!!

I like this post

Until someone else (us) wins the title then I'm afraid their in a row continues. All a null and void does is give us another chance to stop 9.
To claim anything else is embarrassing.

Celtic will obviously claim it simply continues onto the next season and the official stance will no doubt support it, but I think this season being declared null and void will undeniably taint any of their claims to nine and ten in a row now.

As improbable as it may be, there is a justifiable question mark to say we wouldn’t have caught them had this season been played to a finish and that’s a pretty significant asterisk to have forever looming over any such claims.

To draw a comparison of sorts, Rangers won the title in 1938/39 before the outbreak of the Second World War and then again after the league resumed in 1946/47.

Was that latter title seen as our second in a row, or did things more or less reset after the war?

Almost tempted to say let them have it, it really does make a complete mockery of their fantastical 9 in a row

Season 1 - Celtic - *Rangers deducted 12 points
Season 2 - Celtic - *Rangers not in league
Season 3 - Celtic - *Rangers not in league
Season 4 - Celtic - *Rangers not in league
Season 5 - Celtic - *Rangers not in league
Season 6 - Celtic
Season 7 - Celtic
Season 8 - Celtic
Season 9 - Celtic - *League not completed - Celtic awarded title anyway

It actually helps spell out to the poets and their media how ridiculous "an achievement" this is

Not enough asteriks to go round for this mob......

There was no Grand National this year. No horses ran the course, or even part of the course.

There was a football season 2019/20, and games were played. No one won the title, no one finished first.

Well let's hope that is the official outcome. We know it may not be and we better be ready to go to war if it isn't the case.

Your acting like a mentally challenged here tbh.

Almost tempted to say let them have it, it really does make a complete mockery of their fantastical 9 in a row

Season 1 - Celtic - *Rangers deducted 12 points
Season 2 - Celtic - *Rangers not in league
Season 3 - Celtic - *Rangers not in league
Season 4 - Celtic - *Rangers not in league
Season 5 - Celtic - *Rangers not in league
Season 6 - Celtic
Season 7 - Celtic
Season 8 - Celtic
Season 9 - Celtic - *League not completed - Celtic awarded title anyway

It actually helps spell out to the poets and their media how ridiculous "an achievement" this is

Not enough asteriks to go round for this mob......

Tainted FC

To be honest, I think it’s loser talk trying to diminish 9 in a row if it were to be delayed.

Our mentality should be to stop 9 in a row from happening altogether. Not to use some unprecedented global event to hide behind it. See it as a reprieve and a let-off. We clearly pissed away our opportunities post January - now we’ve got another roll of the dice. No excuses this time.

I don't really care in all honesty I care more about rangers getting back to the top rather than the aspect of the beasts failing and the cynic in me is thinking that when we come out on the other side of this pandemic we might actually be the closest we have ever been to winning the league due to the finances of those clubs around us

Fucking to right it stops they didn’t win the 9th in a row, if this seasons null and void and that’s why there wanting it handed to them so much. They got the first 4 for nothing and weakened us by pushing and getting other teams to vote for us to be relegated, so to me when this season’s null and void they didn’t win the 9th title in a row.
Unfortunately they would have won the 9 titles in a row that were available to win. They have won 10 trophies in a row so likewise if they win the next trophy that becomes available that will be 11.

For arguments sake

What if rangers were top of the league and the season is declared incomplete.

When it starts back the IAR is over , rangers could have won it , but it could not be completed.

It's simple logic , the in a row , comes to an end.

It really is that simple.

DNF ends the IAR

But the masters hasn't started yet.

Yes. Their consecutive run of championships as came to a stop, so that means that their 'in a row' has to be reset.

Sorry Timothy, but 10 in a row won't be available now for either side until season 30/31 at the very earliest.

When we win the next league title available, they'll have documentaries, books and movies about "The 9iar that wasn't"

Vacant wins the title if it's null and void, so it would break the "in a row"

somebody said it a while back, if you eat the same thing for 8 days at breakfast and you are ill on the 9th day and can't have anything, that's the streak broken

I am going to annoy the life out of them with this and I don’t care what anyone else thinks or says.

You can argue both cases but the record books might show

2012 Celtic
2019 Celtic
2020 Season not completed

Thats the run broken, %^*& ‘em :))

Fucking to right it stops they didn’t win the 9th in a row, if this seasons null and void and that’s why there wanting it handed to them so much. They got the first 4 for nothing and weakened us by pushing and getting other teams to vote for us to be relegated, so to me when this season’s null and void they didn’t win the 9th title in a row.
Posts like this are embarrassing. Truly Desperate.

If they win next season after this being void, Celtic will have won their 9th title in a row. Nobody else has won it in between them. Not sure what’s so hard to comprehend about that.

Nobody can stop anything in a row except us winning the league title this season if it resumes or by winning it next season.

Understand both sides of the argument here. My opinion, for what it's worth, is that the run would continue but you won't catch me saying that in public.
Certainly not within earshot of any surrounding bheggars. Then it will be "it's a real pity that ra sellick couldn't continue with their bid for a tainted 9 and possibly 10 and had to stop at 8 due to this blasted virus." It will be 8 in a row, 1 season with no winner and then a new Champion with 1 in a row for 20/21 :)

It's great to see so many altruistic Rangers fans on here willing to give celtic a reprieve now that it looks like covid 19 killed Terry Munro. It fair brings out all the secret mentally challengeds as well, so hello to you as well.
People can bump their gums all they like that it's desperate or mentally challenged behaviour, it doesn't change facts.
Null and void doesn't expunge the season from the record books. Think they are going to hand back the league Cup? There's a 2019/20 season, it's happened, it will finish, one way or another, it's how it finishes thats the question now. That's why celtic are so desperate to be awarded it, that's why there has been a relentless media campaign to see them awarded it. This will be recorded as the SEASON nobody won the league/nobody won the league so we just gave it to celtic, please delete where appropriate.
The second scenario is laughable and would make their 9 in a row even more tainted.
The first scenario kills 9 in a row stone dead. Even if they win it next year, it's not in a row. That's not semantics, it's just a fact. Check out the word consecutive in the dictionary.
Celtic will try to pretend the previous season doesn't count, denying history is the celtic way after all but its the same club that sells its season tickets on the basis of 100 and odd years of unbroken history.
So, in summary, tough shit. Suck it up, buttercup.

No, don’t see why it would. In all honesty it’s pretty embarrassing. I want us to stop their run not circumstance.

Holy shit. This thread should seriously be binned. Makes us look very silly in the eyes of all other supports ffs.

Back