Does A Null & Void Season Stop “... In A Row”?

Shame really, it would have been a laugh really for future generations of Rangers fans to take the piss out of them to have a run of the most asterixed titles in any league. Especially when compared to our five star first to fifty run, and all done without claiming any war titles.

That would be a great chant to do away with the one that corrupts one of our best songs with....

Screw yer dodgy nine...THEY'RE DEID

I don’t want coronavirus to stop them.

I want us to stop them.

But right now I’m finding it a bit difficult to give a fcuk about it.

I’m much more concerned with the health and welfare of my loved ones.

Firstly I believe that going into our next full league campaign that we will have learned enough lessons to kick on to the next step of our comeback, and go on to win the league.

But, if the current season in uncompleted, and declared null & void (the correct thing to do) then does that automatically halt the “in a row” situation regardless of who claims next seasons title.

Just reckon it would be a decent stick to beat them with whenever cropped up in conversation.
Of course it does ( If it's a dhim your talking too ) how can 8 then a gap then 1 be 9 in a row

These conversations about whether or not their run is unbroken are just silly comments that take solace in semantics and hide the fact that we've yet to stop them doing it.

Rangers winning the thing is really all I care about.

Celtic won the 2016/17 Scottish Title on their 30th match.

This Celtic side have played 30 and have not won.

2019/20 - No title awarded.

This ones been debated already - yes it does mean the end of their 'in a row' and no amount of timmy twisting will change that

No it doesn't. It's stupid and tinpot to actually pretend otherwise

However, their "in a row" isn't really that important in the grand scheme of football anyway. Nobody outwith this backwater cares who has won most consecutive titles. Who has won the most consecutive titles in Germany or England or Denmark or Switzerland? Nobody knows.

Plus it had asterix titles at the start and now at the end.

Firstly I believe that going into our next full league campaign that we will have learned enough lessons to kick on to the next step of our comeback, and go on to win the league.

But, if the current season in uncompleted, and declared null & void (the correct thing to do) then does that automatically halt the “in a row” situation regardless of who claims next seasons title.

Just reckon it would be a decent stick to beat them with whenever cropped up in conversation.
it would if they changed the league structure surely

Its not been “ in a row “ since we where demoted to division 3.

We know it , They know it and Most of all they showed it. Attendances for thise 4 years and not even selling out “ flag day “ on the opening day of the next season confirms that. They only removed the banners when we came back , and they followed.

i’ll never accept their “ in a row “ chant aimed at me as a rangers fan. As we where not there to compete against them for it. And they know it.

But hopefully we don’t have the same personnel who bottled this season . Make no mistake if we carried on the same way it could’ve been horrendous

Scottish rugby have just announced the season to be null and void.

Let’s just get this done SPFL idiots.

I think the OP is clutching at straws. If the league is announced null and void, it means it basically doesn’t count, didn’t happen. We get a do over. We need to prepare our team to stop 9 in a row on the field. If the paper talk is correct, with the inward investment discussed, I think we have a great chance of doing that.

They will include the 2019/20 league cup in their list of achievements. I've said this before, but it's worth saying again. If this season is voided, no one can say who would have won the title. We could have won it and they could have won it. We will never know. Next season we start from scratch.

Until someone else (us) wins the title then I'm afraid their in a row continues. All a null and void does is give us another chance to stop 9.
To claim anything else is embarrassing.

There are quite a few posts like yours and what I find embarrassing is the fact 'possible Rangers fans' can't grasp what 'in a row' actually means, then I come to the realisation opinions like your one are heavily drenched in the smell of poet. Isn't it wonderful in the year of our lord 2020 the 'two zero' would have so much significance.

#backtwozerodeclan

If you win 9 AVAILABLE titles in a row that is consecutive. If it is nil and void there was no title available. We all want this years title voided and not given to the scum but it's pathetic and desperate to suggest that IF they win next season it's back to 1.
As I said it makes us a laughing stock and this nonsense should be binned.

Hiya timmy :)

For me, it doesn't matter a monkeys %^*&, a gifted title would be tainted and worthless, it should be null and void, the only sensible outcome. But whatever, we should get this monkey off our back and focus on our own return to greatness

There's no official definition, so it means whatever you want it to mean. Personally I don't care about 'in a row'.

All that matters to me is that we stay ahead of them and everybody else in terms of 'total titles won'. That means we can legitimately continue to claim we are the worlds most successful club. Whether the titles are consecutive or not doesn't matter a fvck.

Absolute belter of a point....9 in a row is winning the league 9 years in a row..... if it’s null and void and they win it next year then it’s 9 out of 10 yrs.... not 9 in a row!!! Stick to it and it will dement the life out of them!

There are quite a few posts like yours and what I find embarrassing is the fact 'possible Rangers fans' can't grasp what 'in a row' actually means, then I come to the realisation opinions like your one are heavily drenched in the smell of poet. Isn't it wonderful in the year of our lord 2020 the 'two zero' would have so much significance.

#backtwozerodeclan
O Mr Magoo. Your name obviously suits you --- thick and shortsighted.
Or is your name really oirish magee?
Member with a few posts coming out with the poet tag as he can't understand the philosophy of a forum being about opinions.
Noted that your birthday is 12th July and your content went up after the game in Dec at the piggery.hmm.
Consider yourself outed!!
Must be looking to improve on his 18 likes!
If a league has had 20 titles and 1 team has won them all. No other team has won any. Would you say that team has won 20 in a row?
Possible rangers fans? Pm me with where you sit to watch home games, I'll do likewise and can compare notes. By the way--- the couch isn't really an answer.!

Last edited:
If we were in they're position do you think they would say we were going for 9.

No to a man they would be saying you won 8.

Simple.

Reactions: VGM
A hypothetical Cup Match, Auchenshuggle Athletic vs Timbuctu Rovers is abandoned with 20 mins to go with Athletic winning 1 - 0. Surely the game has to be replayed rather than awarding the tie to the Athletic. :D

A hypothetical Cup Match, Auchenshuggle Athletic vs Timbuctu Rovers is abandoned with 20 mins to go with Athletic winning 1 - 0. Surely the game has to be replayed rather than awarding the tie to the Athletic. :D
Not necessarily, I don't think the Bradford v Lincoln game was ever replayed when it was abandoned because of the fire at valley parade. That was exceptional circumstances though but then again so is covid 19

Unfortunately they would have won the 9 titles in a row that were available to win.

That’s where you’re wrong. The 19/20 league competition WAS available to win, and they didn’t win it. Unless they find away to finish the competition they never will.

People talking about ‘available’ titles are missing a key point. The 19/20 league was available. They failed to win it. They failed to win their 9th title in a row.

Unless they figure out a way to finish the competition that is.

l
O Mr Magoo. Your name obviously suits you --- thick and shortsighted.
Or is your name really oirish magee?
Member with a few posts coming out with the poet tag as he can't understand the philosophy of a forum being about opinions.
Noted that your birthday is 12th July and your content went up after the game in Dec at the piggery.hmm.
Consider yourself outed!!
Must be looking to improve on his 18 likes!
If a league has had 20 titles and 1 team has won them all. No other team has won any. Would you say that team has won 20 in a row?
Possible rangers fans? Pm me with where you sit to watch home games, I'll do likewise and can compare notes. By the way--- the couch isn't really an answer.!

Think you outed yourself Declan, with a diatribe of deflect and deny. I know your schooling would have been an issue but you can google any words you don't understand.

It only takes a small amount of bait for a rhat to bite! And the point you are obviously unable to comprehend is that null and void means just that, but the league had commenced and was available to win, but they didn't so their run ends at 8.

What is it you don't get about that?

l

Think you outed yourself Declan, with a diatribe of deflect and deny. I know your schooling would have been an issue but you can google any words you don't understand.

It only takes a small amount of bait for a rhat to bite! And the point you are obviously unable to comprehend is that null and void means just that, but the league had commenced and was available to win, but they didn't so their run ends at 8.

Strike 1 -- little activity over 2 years then ramps up after piggery game in Dec.
Strike 2 -- birthday 12 th July. Next you will be telling us your mum organised a flute band every year for you.
Strike 3 -- user name Mr Magoo Loyal or did you mean thick and short sighted loyal.?
3 strikes and your out.
So, didn't take the opportunity to pm me? Wonder why?
Hate to burst your bubble but null and void means it wasn't available to win!
Admin??? Can we maybe keep him as a plaything?

Last edited:
If it makes you go to sleep better at night then think that if you want.

Only us winning the league will still 9/10 or whatever it is consecutive in a row.

Strike 1 -- little activity over 2 years then ramps up after piggery game in Dec.
Strike 2 -- birthday 12 th July. Next you will be telling us your mum organised a flute band every year for you.
Strike 3 -- user name Mr Magoo Loyal or did you mean thick and short sighted loyal.?
3 strikes and your out.
So, didn't take the opportunity to pm me? Wonder why?
Hate to burst your bubble but null and void means it wasn't available to win!
Admin??? Can we maybe keep him as a plaything?

Think if you check any of my posts you won't find a smell of poet unlike the 'look at me posters' like yourself, you can't burst my bubble Declan you're not clever enough, and why would I PM you? To confirm you have a cognitive issue?

Yosser? - yes 'gies a job' a statement that fits most of your ilk!!

Think if you check any of my posts you won't find a smell of poet unlike the 'look at me posters' like yourself, you can't burst my bubble Declan you're not clever enough, and why would I PM you? To confirm you have a cognitive issue?

Yosser? - yes 'gies a job' a statement that fits most of your ilk!!
[/QU
I've checked your posts- common theme running through them. As being not clever enough-+ how obvious are you?
Answer the 3 strikes?
By the way...you are exactly the "look at me" poster. Ok don't pm me. Just answer the previous questions on here. Watching games from the Lisbon lions stand doesn't count.

Given the campaign they've been running to be awarded the league. I'd suspect that they know their dream of "10iar" ends if the season is declared incomplete or null & void.

The longer the football authorities keep kicking the can down the road will keep silly debates like this going as they don't have the balls to actually make the decision.

What’s most likely to stop them getting 8 in a row will be Edouard heading for the hills this summer.

really can’t see him hanging about for another season.

they won’t find his quality as a replacement with Lennon in charge.

Freudian slip Declan naming the stand you sit in the piggery? Too obvious, it could be you are 12 or 13, but let's face it you're kidding no one on by naming that stand at the Paedodome!!

Freudian slip Declan naming the stand you sit in the piggery? Too obvious, it could be you are 12 or 13, but let's face it you're kidding no one on by naming that stand at the Paedodome!!
Still no answer to any of my questions. ?
Your trying too hard and it's showing. Most on here will know the name of that stand. Also, most on here will also be able to say where they sit at Ibrox. You seem to be the exception.
Keyboard warrior?
It's easy on a forum to try and fit in by agreeing to everything. However some of us employ some reasoning and actually are able to think for ourselves.
You give yourself away by your user name, birthday, posting activity and subjects.
I take it your at a loose end as your college course is suspended?

SPFL will wait and follow English FA lead. I see UEFA discussing small league option to finish European competitions. This would suit us.

l

Twenty plus years since football forums began and we are still calling anyone that disagrees a point of view 19th Century Terrorists. It's really boring and shows a lack of intelligence.

Back