Does anyone have a Grandparent older than Rangers?

I like the idea of threads like this.
My grandparents would have been all around 1920/30s, it's pretty cool to think there are people on here who may have heard stories from their own grandparents of the formative years of our club even though they are only 2 generations apart.

It's a shame so many don't try to understand the thread or take a hissy fit at something so obvious.
Thank you Chief. Someone gets it.

My grandfather born 1851, died 1935, don't know if he supported the Gers, but three of his sons, including my Dad were staunch follow followers.

Think we could have a winner here.

Your GF would have been 21 when we were formed. If three of his lads were bears, including your dad, I'd venture to speculate that he almost certainly saw Rangers taking their earliest formative steps.

My gran is still going strong at 102 ! William Wilton was the manager when she was born. My granda unfortunately passed away in his 70s, big bluenose and the reason me and my dad are too.

My grandfather born 1851, died 1935, don't know if he supported the Gers, but three of his sons, including my Dad were staunch follow followers.
He would have been a bear, undoubtedly.
That's why his lads were staunch followers. It's the way it works.

I can't get my head around the fact that someone today had a grandfather who was in his twenties when Rangers were formed and was older than the 4 lads who formed us.

I've been mocked throughout this thread, but stuff like that fascinates me.

Get it up ye. :))

Last edited:
It’s mad to consider sometimes how old Rangers are. When they were founded Queen Victoria was on the throne and Big Ben had only been completed thirteen years previously. If anyone’s seen the film Zulu, for example, the real battle the film depicts took place seven years AFTER Rangers were formed.

It’s mad to consider sometimes how old Rangers are. When they were founded Queen Victoria was on the throne and Big Ben had only been completed thirteen years previously. If anyone’s seen the film Zulu, for example, the real battle the film depicts took place seven years AFTER Rangers were formed.
That was the whole idea of the thread.
I find it incredible that some FFers had a grandparent strutting the planet before the Rangers were even thought of, but apparently it has bored the tits off most with one labelling it “the worst ever “:))

He’s got me shit scared to start another thread.
My feelings are hurt beyond repair.

Back