Does anyone have the spfl club table with the list of yellows and red cards ?

Doesn’t tell the full story.

cant remember the exact stat but something like 3/4 of celtics yellow cards have been in the last 15 minutes of games, effectively when games are all but done.

A high number of their oppositions in the first half leaving them walking a tightrope for the remainder of the game. Or like Saturday just get it over and done with quickly.

Hibs 2 fouls commited, 2yellow = 1 Red within the first 24 mins.

More informative is the foul to card ratio. They get away with many more fouls before a card is produced.
I've never been convinced that that is conclusive proof referees are cheating in their favour though.

Their 10 outfield players could commit one foul each - 10 fouls and no yellows.

2 of their opposition players could commit 3 fouls each and get booked for persistent fouling the third time - 6 fouls and 2 yellows.

I've never been convinced that that is conclusive proof referees are cheating in their favour though.

2 of their opposition players could commit 3 fouls each and get booked for persistent fouling the third time - 6 fouls and 2 yellows.
Yeah I appreciate that, however how many fouls do our players get away with?

They’re so far away from the nearest in terms of numbers. They’re an outlier. It’s bizarre. Not saying it’s cheating but maybe unconscious bias.

With us it seems like the opposition commit 6,7,8 fouls, we commit 1 and the cards out. Referees must be colour blind when counting the fouls.

Year after year the statistics show the same thing. Next you'll be telling us their fouls arent the bookable kind.

Yeah I appreciate that, however how many fouls do our players get away with?

They’re so far away from the nearest in terms of numbers. They’re an outlier. It’s bizarre. Not saying it’s cheating but maybe unconscious bias.
Look at the post game states for any Rangers match not involving them.

We dominate possession and yet often have the most fouls committed which is borderline impossible even a few times, never mind as consistently as we do.

Those fouls give way to yellow cards.

I don’t think it’s so much cheating per se, as being refereed to a different standard.

Like you I have never been convinced about using stats like this as too often you need more than naked numbers to understand what’s going on.

BUT my opinion changed in 55 season. I always was half on board with the top team in country will always be outlier etc cause they are better team etc. yet we won 55 with not a single defeat all season and they imploded yet the statistical anomaly remained. That removes that top team argument, it removes the crowd influence point too.

Like you I have never been convinced about using stats like this as too often you need more than naked numbers to understand what’s going on.

BUT my opinion changed in 55 season. I always was half on board with the top team in country will always be outlier etc cause they are better team etc. yet we won 55 with not a single defeat all season and they imploded yet the statistical anomaly remained. That removes that top team argument, it removes the crowd influence point too.

That Celtc topped the " fair play League " almost every single season for the least yellow and red cards awarded when Broon was Captain says it all.

It happens every season.

You could put your mortgage on it happening next season too.(I said the same thing last season and I’ll do likewise next season if a similar thread pops up)

Thats a fair point and some tackles are obviously much worse than others.

But its why the refs trust and believe in the con, they wouldnt be doing it if they thought it would be easy to catch them out. They believe in it 100 per cent and know the press will stay silent or back them up if anyone dares mention it.

This will always be the excuse not that they need to make any as no ones asking anyone involved in reffin to explain anyway, same as everything else that benefits the tims in a race for the title.

If you just watch both sides games every weekend you will not only notice different reffin but also a lot less of the spfl nonsense you see in our games or games between the smaller sides. Shirt pulling, time wasting, blocking runners, all the things we expect to see when any of the 10 visit Ibrox, all gone. Their games are cleaned up to allow their players to play nice football without the fear of being injured.

I dont think its unfair to say someone like Steven McLean may not have booked the Hibs guy for the same challenges had Hibs been visiting Ibrox.

Even when the tims got a card for the tap coming off at the goal he wanted them to know he didnt agree with the rule and was gutted about it.

Thats a fair point and some tackles are obviously much worse than others.

But its why the refs trust and believe in the con, they wouldnt be doing it if they thought it would be easy to catch them out. They believe in it 100 per cent and know the press will stay silent or back them up if anyone dares mention it.

This will always be the excuse not that they need to make any as no ones asking anyone involved in reffin to explain anyway, same as everything else that benefits the tims in a race for the title.

If you just watch both sides games every weekend you will not only notice different reffin but also a lot less of the spfl nonsense you see in our games or games between the smaller sides. Shirt pulling, time wasting, blocking runners, all the things we expect to see when any of the 10 visit Ibrox, all gone. Their games are cleaned up to allow their players to play nice football without the fear of being injured.

I dont think its unfair to say someone like Steven McLean may not have booked the Hibs guy for the same challenges had Hibs been visiting Ibrox.

Even when the tims got a card for the tap coming off at the goal he wanted them to know he didnt agree with the rule and was gutted about it.

Celtc also rarely, if ever, receive the first yellow card in any given game, especially in the first 45 minutes. That privilege is for the opposition, who are then already on the backfoot expecting the inevitable second yellow, as what happened to Hibs on Saturday. More blatantly, however, is the deliberate inconsistency of yellow cards not shown to Celtc for the exact same offence, again both penalty incidents at the piggery. Hibs awarded a penalty, no yellow card for Celtc, yet the Hibs player also conceding a penalty for shirt-pulling is given a yellow.

Celtc also rarely, if ever, receive the first yellow card in any given game, especially in the first 45 minutes. That privilege is for the opposition, who are then already on the backfoot expecting the inevitable second yellow, as what happened to Hibs on Saturday. More blatantly, however, is the deliberate inconsistency of yellow cards not shown to Celtc for the exact same offence, again both penalty incidents at the piggery. Hibs awarded a penalty, no yellow card for Celtc, yet the Hibs player also conceding a penalty for shirt-pulling is given a yellow.
Aye the same tactics are used over and over as if comes straight from the boss/training.

Let opposition against Rangers away with as much as possible.

Let Celtic away with as much as possible, leave bookings till the last quarter if possible so it wont result in another yellow/a red.

Dont at any point in any fixture allow any side to slow the game down or turn it into a scrap/ battle when Celtic want to play their nice football. Bookings early stamp it out asap.

The other thing i find interesting(i know im the only one) but a lot of times the opposition get red cards against them its for stopping a goal scoring chance, against us its for kicking feck out our players and trying to injure.

Twaddle - we have seen it plenty. The same player committing fouls and thengets booked for persistent fouling in the 83rd minute.

Still can’t believe Ludstram was sent off against Hibs because Celtic were raging he didn’t get a red in the Semi final last year.

A game last year Jota committed 6 fouls against the Aberdeen fullback and still wasn't given a yellow card. The Aberdeen player counted all the fouls and the referee still wasn't interested. I think Jota was eventually yellow carded in the second half. The 6 fouls were all committed in the first half. That is certainly proof they are refereed to a different standard.

A game last year Jota committed 6 fouls against the Aberdeen fullback and still wasn't given a yellow card. The Aberdeen player counted all the fouls and the referee still wasn't interested. I think Jota was eventually yellow carded in the second half. The 6 fouls were all committed in the first half. That is certainly proof they are refereed to a different standard.

we had it at Ibrox against Kilmarnock
after Taylors 4th or 5th foul - the ref counted them out and warned him no more

he did another one shortly after and wasn't booked

The 2010 referees strike was the turning point for Lawwell and the sfa.. Promote more catholics and its worked.

Look how many top grade officials are now from that background compared to the general population

It’s the happening for 6 or 7 years under different managers and players that makes it cheating.

No more to add
We get a player booked every just under 6 fouls
Celtic 9.03
Rangers 5.85
Motherwell 5.7
St johnstone 4.3
Livingston 5.8
Hibs 5.65
St mirren 6.2
Dundee United 5
Kilmarnock 6.4
Ross county 6.2
Hearts 6.3
Aberdeen 5.4

That's the fouls needed for a yellow card as for reds
3 teams have 2 reds
Rangers
Celtic
Hibs

Im not one for the conspiracies and tin foil hat stuff but its in black and white...There is a clear agenda here and they are simply too scared to apply the same rules to the poets.

I understand where you are going with this, but Fat Ange has consistently said they only play one way, don’t change for anyone, thing is they don’t.

However the stats over the years show glaring differences with their foul/booking ratio in domestic football compared to European football. In Europe their stats are very comparable with ours, and our domestic and European ratios were very similar.

What also should be scrutinised is Willie Collum’s officiating of us. He does like the sound of his whistle. Never allows play to flow.

We beat Kilmarnock recently where we dominated from start to finish 74% possession however managed to award 19 fouls against us, and 13 against Kilmarnock.

The game before we had 69% possession he gave 16 fouls against us 15 against St Johnstone.

Aberdeen away we had 67.6% possession13 fouls 5 yellow cards against us, Aberdeen 8 fouls

He must account for around 25% of our fouls from only about 10% of our games he does.

Last edited:
Back