Does anyone remember the "casuals" in the Govan Stand?

Still got my Newcastle/rangers ski hat when I went down to a game.
It’s actually 2/3rds the home team 1/3rd the away.

In the early to mid-80's, being a casual usually meant a designer knit. For a season or two a load of fans wore jumpers but also those wee daft knitted commando-style hats that for a season or two later someone had made a fortune out of being half-and-half. For a few home games I remember hundreds of people started sitting in the Govan Stand (next to the new Broomloan) with these hats and they were our "casuals". I think the Govan Stand was originally a pound more so these guys had style. It was the first move towards a "section".
Tae fck with the lot of them.

I've been going to see Rangers since 1971 and these arseholes, along with all the other 'casual' arseholes from other teams who acted and behaved like total wankers were and are a total embarrassment.

I actually detest them for a good reason.

In a good bluenose pub in the Paisley Road West (I won't name it), me and a mate, both season ticket holders and of course, Rangers daft were nearly beaten up by a crowd of these fuckers who doubted our allegiance. My mate ended up having to show them the wee Rangers tattoo he had on his upper arm.

I utterly hate these wee pricks.

Real Rangers fan loyal.
Aye ,right.Ye hated casuals ‘cos you were a smelly mullet ‘tached old hippy.

Headhunters, that rings a bell. To be fair, I would have been about 9yo at the time! Was definitely Chelsea he met up with, as it ended up with me supporting them as well when I was younger, back when they had Kerry Dixon, Speedie, Nevin, Spackman, Bumstead, etc.

He used to point out all the guys that he knew when they started to appear in the News Of The World. Weird the daft things you remember from your childhood.

Maybe the bricks with ICF written on them were meant to be thrown West Ham.

Totally daft stuff looking back now.
Yea,but fun.

In the early to mid-80's, being a casual usually meant a designer knit. For a season or two a load of fans wore jumpers but also those wee daft knitted commando-style hats that for a season or two later someone had made a fortune out of being half-and-half. For a few home games I remember hundreds of people started sitting in the Govan Stand (next to the new Broomloan) with these hats and they were our "casuals". I think the Govan Stand was originally a pound more so these guys had style. It was the first move towards a "section".
Section red HMS

I've been going to see Rangers since 1971 and these arseholes, along with all the other 'casual' arseholes from other teams who acted and behaved like total wankers were and are a total embarrassment.

In a good bluenose pub in the Paisley Road West (I won't name it), me and a mate, both season ticket holders and of course, Rangers daft were nearly beaten up by a crowd of these fuckers who doubted our allegiance. My mate ended up having to show them the wee Rangers tattoo he had on his upper arm.

Real Rangers fan

Real Rangers fan loyal.
Hahahahaha.

Too young for me, but I remember my brother used to be a bit nawty for a few years, before he grew up. He used to regularly go down to meet up the Chelsea ICF back in the day for London derbies, and I remember him having a few bricks in his room with all the logos written on it.

I also distinctly recall him coming back from a few midweek away games at Pittodie and Easter Road with a black eye and a big daft grin.

Still boring me to this day with why certain Adidas ZX trainers are the bollocks. At least he is thankfully avoiding the Stone Island stuff these days though.
Chelsea were Headhunters not ICF

Still got a Rangers/Chelsea one and a Rangers/Man City one somewhere. One of them was on a snowman the kids built a coupe of years ago.
As one of the RSB it was a must have item back then.

The good old days, although i started going when they moved to the west enclosure. The young mob were the RSB, Rangers Soccer Babes
As one of the young mob then do you remember the arcade celtics mob hung about in? I mind being sent by the older ones to take a chaser from them and lead them right into the older lads waiting for them. Mental when you think about it.

As one of the young mob then do you remember the arcade celtics mob hung about in? I mind being sent by the older ones to take a chaser from them and lead them right into the older lads waiting for them. Mental when you think about it.
I do mate i was a youngster at that time as well. I remember hanging around an arcade at the top of queen street. Enterprise i think it was called

I do mate i was a youngster at that time as well. I remember hanging around an arcade at the top of queen street. Enterprise i think it was called
There was another one the smelly mob hung about (treasure island I think) they never hung about long. Also mind us young ones catching them outside Austin Reeds on Gordon street and their ski hats were taken after a leathering.

In my day the HMS were Rangers casuals from the South side.
There was the ‘East end’ and the guys I knew were the 1229.
Can’t remember what the boys from North Glasgow called themselves, but altogether they were the Rangers ICF.
Always thought the east end boys were just the “Duke St”.
What did the 1229 mean?

Real Rangers fan loyal.
Aye cause Rangers fans were angels in the 70s :)

Anyone remember the Livi skins that used to be in the Copland rear. I’m sure one of them was called Bongo ? Late 70’s early 80’s when you went to the piggery there used to be a lot of skinheads at the games. Don’t know if skinheads still exist ?

Fila,kappa,burberry,diadora....
The best look of the time for me was semi flare jeans,addidas jeans trainers,benneton sweatshirt a time of fashion which changed week to week not like now the young ones still wearing similar to which we did back then :)

Fila,kappa,burberry,diadora....
The best look of the time for me was semi flare jeans,addidas jeans trainers,benneton sweatshirt a time of fashion which changed week to week not like now the young ones still wearing similar to which we did back then :)
That’s the thing if you turned up and had the same top on or even trainers you were in a right hump. I turned up with a Benetton rugby top not the blue and white one and another lad had the same one on. I never wore it again. Sold it to another lad from the Briggs.
Today they all look like clones.

That’s the thing if you turned up and had the same top on or even trainers you were in a right hump. I turned up with a Benetton rugby top not the blue and white one and another lad had the same one on. I never wore it again. Sold it to another lad from the Briggs.
Today they all look like clones.
Yes mate ,used to shout at opposition casuals from backwater towns that went out with the flintstones mate seen many a boy embarresed with what they where wearing after :D

Headhunters, that rings a bell. To be fair, I would have been about 9yo at the time! Was definitely Chelsea he met up with, as it ended up with me supporting them as well when I was younger, back when they had Kerry Dixon, Speedie, Nevin, Spackman, Bumstead, etc.

He used to point out all the guys that he knew when they started to appear in the News Of The World. Weird the daft things you remember from your childhood.

It has never been my thing mate (although I do like the clothes/trainers) The full scene fascinates me though. Some really good books out there (and some shite ones). 'Hoolifan' was the first one I read about it actually, which was about Chelsea.

RSB lol Irvine Casuals Incorporated ICI remember them, all casuals when they first came out was a huge scene Rangers had a thriving scene there was a casual element at every club even St boo lol love street division who got handed their arses at the magnum in Irvine now gone.

It was always easy to spot them because we only got crowds of 15,000 or so for a lot of games back then and most in the Govan would congregate around the halfway line leaving lots of empty seats at the ends, except for this lot on their tod right over beside the Broomloan presumably to keep an eye on the opposition support.

I never remember there being very many of them back then, but they always left early, not to make an early dash for the tube or their cars in true subway loyal fashion, but to supposedly ambush whatever mob the other team had brought with them.

Golf brollies, deerstalker hats and skiwear were the order of the day, I seem to remember.

Next jumpers, Benetton rugby tops, Lee jeans/cords, Kickers with red, white and blue tags, Gazzelle (Red or Blue), Sergio Tachini track suits top and bottom with the two lines across the calf area, Pringles, Burberry scarves and the one item of casual style I was most envious of…

The hooded Burberry leather jacket/jerkin.

The guys I knew used to go to Chelsea too.
The bud ran from Bishopbriggs iirc

Anyone remember the Livi skins that used to be in the Copland rear. I’m sure one of them was called Bongo ? Late 70’s early 80’s when you went to the piggery there used to be a lot of skinheads at the games. Don’t know if skinheads still exist ?
Me i am bald as feguck

RSB lol Irvine Casuals Incorporated ICI remember them, all casuals when they first came out was a huge scene Rangers had a thriving scene there was a casual element at every club even St boo lol love street division who got handed their arses at the magnum in Irvine now gone.
You remember the "meet" at Crosshouse with Rangers and Killie i am sure scores got lifted because the Polis had been tipped off and were waiting to stop them it happened down to the football park

Next jumpers, Benetton rugby tops, Lee jeans/cords, Kickers with red, white and blue tags, Gazzelle (Red or Blue), Sergio Tachini track suits top and bottom with the two lines across the calf area, Pringles, Burberry scarves and the one item of casual style I was most envious of…

The hooded Burberry leather jacket/jerkin.
In the early to mid ‘80s I remember them being kitted out in Pringle sweaters, Lyle & Scott polonecks, Farah slacks and Kicker boots, then by the mid to late ‘80s it was pastel coloured sweatshirts from Lacoste, Hugo Boss, Benetton, etc then stonewashed denims and Adidas ZX trainers.

I think most kids were just into it for the fashion. It filtered into the general population and by the end of the decade it seemed like most people under the age of 25 were cutting around in similar gear without any allegiance to a firm at all.

HMS was a great name. Any insight into why it was changed? By the time I knew what a casual was it was already ICF
Actually ICF first..
A lot of Rangers saw ICF as West Ham name and decided they needed a name of their own and HMS was chosen.

The St Mirren lot were LSD if I remember correctly. Love Street Division.
ICI is a blast from the past :D Them and the DMS

Back