Does Docherty or Barjonas come into the squad ?

kilbirnie bear

With Davis injured and looking likely to be out for a few weeks yet we are relying heavily on Kamara and Jack for this busy period.
Does Docherty or Barjonas come into the fold for cover for the middle of the park ?

I think we need cover for that area on the bench so yes. Thursday I think a young pair of legs in Midfield for the last 15 minutes would have been useful.

If Ojo's on the bench I'd argue a CM is more important than another winger so Barker would drop out.

One of the two should start today. Would hope we can get through these next 3 matches with at least one of the key midfielders getting a break in each

I know he was not on the bench, but as the subs were doing a passing drill on Thursday night in front of the main stand prior to KO, there was a player doing the same drill with one of the coaches. Definitely was not one of the six outfield subs as they were all paired together. I thought it was King but might be wrong.

Seems hard on Docherty but SG must see aspects of his play that suggests he isn't going to be the standard needed for success. For his own sake, he needs a move away. The same applies to every member of the squad who can't even get on the bench.

Seems hard on Docherty but SG must see aspects of his play that suggests he isn't going to be the standard needed for success. For his own sake, he needs a move away. The same applies to every member of the squad who can't even get on the bench.
We’d end up with a squad of 18?

Either I e of these two or polster should be on the bench and I'd say probably should have been on Thursday as well. We may well need to use one if them in the next couple of games.

I think we’ve underused Docherty tbh.

I don’t think he’s a world beater by any stretch of the imagination but he’s got an outstanding engine and he’s more of a goal threat than most of our midfielders.

I’d like to see him go on loan again for some game time if he has to go. I genuinely think he’ll be good enough to play for us long term.

He’s much better than Ryan Jack was at the same age IMO and that’s not meant as a criticism of Jack in anyway.

I don’t think he’s a world beater by any stretch of the imagination but he’s got an outstanding engine and he’s more of a goal threat than most of our midfielders.

I’d like to see him go on loan again for some game time if he has to go. I genuinely think he’ll be good enough to play for us long term.

He’s much better than Ryan Jack was at the same age IMO and that’s not meant as a criticism of Jack in anyway.
Possibly doesn't suit our style?

A midfield version of Kenny Miller without the ability.

It's the only weakness in his game, but it's a major flaw.
1 in every 10 dribbles he'd run through a defence and score.
The other 9, our possession football game plan is fucked and we are chasing folk in on our own goal.
Might be a great addition to another team as a 10 who bursts by the striker with the ball in on goal. With 10 men watching on from the halfway line ready for the next period of defending.
Perfect for the sheep.

i reckon it'll be barjo , docherty just not good enough technically to play against most SPL teams , think his pass completion was very poor at shrewsbury

i think docherty deserves another chance.

We’ve seen other players come in from the cold to be first teasers under this management team
You can give him all the chances in the world ,he simply is not a good enough footballer to make it with us.I watched him in a game for Accies against the Scum 3 months before he signed for us and his passing of a ball was a joke ,and I said so on here.Technically he is a Accies/Livingston player.Kelly should have got his place in the squad at the start of the season and we would be seeing a young Ranger playing games for the first team imo

We’d end up with a squad of 18?
That's where our youth would get the chance to shine we need to establish a pathway from youth team to first team getting rid of older players who can't make it into squads would be the way to do that

Shame for Docherty if it doesn’t work out for him, the boy’s living the dream but whereas he might have looked like he could have done a job for us when he signed the quality of the team has move on massively since, and there’s no room for sentiment at Steven Gerrard’s Rangers.

We look seriously short handed in central midfield, especially if Kings away as everyone saying. Can certainly see SG bringing one or two in in January. He clearly doesn’t fancy Docherty or Halliday in the middle of the park.

Back