Does Hagi fit our style?

BigassBear

Not questioning the wee man's ability, and he was outstanding Thursday night when we needed someone to step up, but, we've lost our control of games in the midfield since his introduction in January, and our press seems much less effective. He lacks some pace, is quite easily beaten, compared to say a Kamara.
Not sure what the answer is, coz he can also unlock a defense, but the high tempo of the team has also disappeared, along with the form of a few key players.
Are we sacrificing what was working to accommodate him?
Hopefully the management can find the answers this week.

Reactions: dmg
Not questioning the wee man's ability, and he was outstanding Thursday night when we needed someone to step up, but, we've lost our control of games in the midfield since his introduction in January, and our press seems much less effective. He lacks some pace, is quite easily beaten, compared to say a Kamara.
Not sure what the answer is, coz he can also unlock a defense, but the high tempo of the team has also disappeared, along with the form of a few key players.
We utilise him wrongly. He’s being used in a position in which he can’t impact the game to his fullest potential.
Our ‘style’ isn’t working right now at all, so in my opinion, we should be giving a system a try that accommodates him playing in the middle. He looks our most forward thinking and positive player at the minute next to Aribo.

Also, since the break we had dropped points against Hearts and Aberdeen before Hagi started a game. How can we possibly be 'sacrificing what was working to accomodate him' when it clearly already wasnt working.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Gerrard and Beale are wondering this. They appear to have a 'model' in their heads and if they get a setback then that's not as a result of their approach.
Hagi is a 10, potentially a terrific one. He's not a right winger but Beale appears to prefer the wide 10 hipster fantasy.

Thought Hagi was really poor today in all honesty.

He's far more effective when he plays centrally though.

We knew what we were getting we signed him. Hes a number 10, fantastic technique, two footed and pass the ball. Our formation does not get the best out of him. The management team need to address this.

I would play him behind two strikers personally.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Gerrard and Beale are wondering this. They appear to have a 'model' in their heads and if they get a setback then that's not as a result of their approach.
Hagi is a 10, potentially a terrific one. He's not a right winger but Beale appears to prefer the wide 10 hipster fantasy.

Wide 10s is just invented tosh. We are shoehorning players into the team. That's either stubborn tactics or poor squad planning

Not that difficult, is it .

He's our best player on the ball but he either isnt used to our press yet or it's the only weak part of his game

In a 4-3-3 he will never be used correctly and you lose his value as a 10. Time to dump 4-3-3. But it's not going to happen because it is the Liverpool way and that's were S.G is going so he has to perfect it here.

He is not a right winger where we seem to play him when he is in the middle he seems able to see passes forward which our present midfield have not got the ability to see so just pass it to the side.

Should play a diamond midfield with Hagi at the top of it. Morelos and kamberi ahead of him.

Barisic and Tavernier would provide from wide areas. Fùck this 4-3-3 pish

Should play a diamond midfield with Hagi at the top of it. Morelos and kamberi ahead of him.

Barisic and Tavernier would provide from wide areas. Fùck this 4-3-3 pish

he chucked that idea after it didn’t work away to Killie last season. Same with the 3-5-2 after it didn’t work away to Motherwell. Maybe he should have picked better games to try it.

tin hat on here. but i dont know if the scottish game suits him. hes a fantastic player but against scottish teams i dont think we will see the best of him.

he chucked that idea after it didn’t work away to Killie last season. Same with the 3-5-2 after it didn’t work away to Motherwell. Maybe he should have picked better games to try it.
He canned the 352 after 1 game in which we lost 2 goals to set pieces and 1 to a Goldson howler.

We scored 3 and should have had more.

A 4321 would suit him. What I don’t get is a 433 isn’t much dissimilar, Gerrard could easily change to this and still have kent/kamberi getting close to Morelos. Hagi, clearly would be at is best in the middle with him being the main creator in the side.

I like Beale but this does concern me . We are the most inflexible team ive ever seen .

A Kamara? The guy who has been so inefectual he never made the bench.

You really can't blame the manager for not playing a diamond or going 3-5-2, or anything else when 4-3-3 is doing so well.

We won't get the best out of him playing him right of a 433, i know Beale talks of 2 floating number 10s but i am just not seeing that. IF we make the move permanent the team and tactics need to be built around his strengths or it's pointless shelling out 4-5m, I'd like to see a 3412 with him sitting behind 2 of Kamberi/Defoe/Alfie

What is our 'Style'?
How do we line up and play?
Can you describe what your watching?

We are playing 4-3-3 but the important part isn't working. The midfield are not controling possession and the game.

Nobody fits this Style.
We are a mish mashed pile of steaming shite right now.

To get the best from Hagi we have to give him a centre mid berth, cannot see that happening with Davis &Jack being SG's preferred centre two.

You really can't blame the manager for not playing a diamond or going 3-5-2, or anything else when 4-3-3 is doing so well.
But apparently the FF Champ Manager aficionados know how to play a young up and coming midfielder better than one of the finest midfielders of a generation.
I despair sometimes!

He’s a luxury player and won’t be suited to the Scottish game. He’ll be booted about pitches for 90 minutes in Scotland.
For a young guy new to the team/league he has shown a willingness to take the ball and a tackle under pressure. Hardly a luxury player when hes one of the few not passing the buck

We had lost control of hanes befire he arrived mate.
We were shite in the 4 games in January b4 his 1st start.
I'm not convinced we are playing him in his strongest position

Disappearing up our own backsides with the formation and tactics.

Back