Does it annoy you when parents let there kids through the turnstiles without a ticket?

There was a wee thing back of CD6 at Killie game that can sit on my knee any time, lips done, tight jeans and home top rolled up to show her belly. Just about jizzed on my pie.
giphy.gif

Sit in the Copland front and seen it over the years, doesn't necessary bother me but seen a few bad mouthing it but I get that when kids get to a certain age they want to go to games and sadly with the support we have its hard to get a ticket near your season ticket seat, so can see why parents do it.
Nope

Standard practice back in the day

I was the nominated "cerryoot" carrier - my snorkel jacket was specially adopted to carry more booze for my brother and his mates

The practice really stopped when Souness came and the following seasons the turnstiles were changed to full length ones

Think the old 'lifting over the turnstile' thing was absolutely fine in the days of terracing. Normally plenty of room for everyone. Not so much these days with all-seated stadia and, generally at Ibrox at least, capacity crowds. It is inevitable that the extra bodies become either a risk, or an annoyance to fellow supporters.

Euro Neds squeezing in is a bigger, and much more dangerous, issue however. Needs clamped down on pronto. We own the company that does our Stewarding - make them do their jobs.

If It impacts other paying supporters on their seats it is unacceptable.

The SLO or whoever must be aware of it given it’s spoke about yet nothings ever done about it.

Euro games especially more from drunk dafties is worse
Drunk dafty weans? :D

Adults shouldn’t be doing it.

Does this mean parents sneaking a child in with them and letting child “find” a seat to sit in?

Difficult to imagine that this can work in these days of allocated season tickets for most seats.
What do you do if your kid get turfed out during the game for sitting in the seat of the ticket holder?

As said above, if it is infants on someone’s knee then that’s a bit different… although personal experience would be that up to 5yr olds in a packed football stadium is a recipe for constant interruption of you and everyone around you.

Could care less. I'd even budge up on my seat to let a wean squeeze in. We as a support are terrible for digging our own fans up for stuff that's trivial

I used to get snuck in as a kid. I would duck under the ticket window and go through at the back of someone else (that I knew, not some random). It was much easier then though when Ibrox wasn't sold out for every game.

I can understand why you wouldn't want someone else in your seat if you'd pay for it, but if it was a kid I'd let them squeeze in.

This is where common sense should prevail. A smaller game eg not Celtic or a European game, but QOS cup yes.

As others have said was lifted over. Fans for the future

Can only imagine all the greeting faced folk on this thread moaning about young kids getting in with their parents will never need to worry about doing that situation themselves as the closest they have got to a fanny is in a scud book.

I done it a few times before all seaters, both being lifted or double dunted through the turnstile, and lifted kids over them. Now it’s seating, if the kid behaves and sits on the adults lap, I don’t see it as a big problem.

Sit in the Copland front and seen it over the years, doesn't necessary bother me but seen a few bad mouthing it but I get that when kids get to a certain age they want to go to games and sadly with the support we have its hard to get a ticket near your season ticket seat, so can see why parents do it.
Most of us were lifted over as a young bear.

All for it here.

Dafties doubling up is different. Just a Father/Grandfather doing what he probably had done. Its tradition LOL.

Euro games must be the easiest to do this at as most folk stand. Saw two stewards watching for this on Tuesday.

In saying that the guy in front of me for the RBL game's ticket didn't work. Being the good chap that I am I said fire through with me.

Lesson to be learned 2 folk circa 18 stone don't fit through too easily.
I remember a rather large lady getting stuck in rhe east enclosure turnstiles when it was still standing.. :oops:

I’m fine with it as long as it doesn’t impact on other ST holders seats.

There’s a few neds sit just along from me regularly manage to sneak a pal in with them, I’d say late teens, early 20s, I drew the line last season when they asked me to move along so there pal who they snuck in could sit next to them in my seat.

I politely told them to do one as I had sat there for 26 years and talk to people near me. They weren’t happy, but I thought they had a cheek asking to begin with. The actual lad they snuck in was quite embarrassed and apologised.

Problem is, we are not back in the day anymore and are virtually sold out most games. Just like the neds jumping the turnstiles or the TO double selling the same ticket it endangers Ibrox safety certificate and we all know what health and safety are like within councils. Personally I have no problem with very young kids up to around 4 year old who can sit on knee if the ma or da wants to be uncomfortable for 90 minutes but older kids is taking the piss.

I’m fine with it as long as it doesn’t impact on other ST holders seats.

There’s a few neds sit just along from me regularly manage to sneak a pal in with them, I’d say late teens, early 20s, I drew the line last season when they asked me to move along so there pal who they snuck in could sit next to them in my seat.

I politely told them to do one as I had sat there for 26 years and talk to people near me. They weren’t happy, but I thought they had a cheek asking to begin with. The actual lad they snuck in was quite embarrassed and apologised.
At the Leipzig game last season there were dozens on the stairwell in my section and what does the asshole steward do about it? Does he
1) Ask them to go to their seats
2) Ask to see their tickets
3) Tells them to squeeze into the full capacity row of seating.
Yeah, number 3 is correct and the steward was told to feck off by those standing in front of their correct seats.

Problem is, we are not back in the day anymore and are virtually sold out most games. Just like the neds jumping the turnstiles or the TO double selling the same ticket it endangers Ibrox safety certificate and we all know what health and safety are like within councils. Personally I have no problem with very young kids up to around 4 year old who can sit on knee if the ma or da wants to be uncomfortable for 90 minutes but older kids is taking the piss.

Yes - also I don’t pay the thick end of £600 to have a squash from older kids “doubled up” beside me.

Totally different in old days of terracing.

Should say as well that there's a difference between a child sitting on their parent's knee and two or three kids trying to sit on the same seat.

As long as they aren't trying to take someones seat then fine. Pittodrie '87 was the only time I squeezed in with my da. Fucking well worth it. :D

Anyone ever tried to pay the turnstile staff (at places without automated entry)? Wondered if you offered the guy at, say, St Johnstone, £30 to let you in, they would? Prob double their wage for the shift.

As long as the kid can sit on the parents lap without causing inconvenience to others around them.

Leg room is tight enough at Ibrox.

If they find a seat that wouldn't have been taken anyway i have no issue but if it's a sell out where do they go or sit?

Timmy behaviour equivalent to letting kids shoplift.

Anyone saying a wean sitting on someone’s knee is ok clearly hasn’t experienced sitting in front of one. It is impossible to not affect the person in front.

Had it first hand at the Spurs game, CD6 weans can’t sit at peace, continual moving about kicking the back of your seat, head. Luckily for me they moved to the front row behind hospitality and poor guy in front who probably paid over £200 had his head kicked for 45 mins and the guy behind battered with their flag.

No it wouldn’t, when we got lifted over there was red standing for 70k fans. Now the kid would effectively need to find an empty seat or sit in someone’s ST

If they're sitting on someone's knees then no big deal. If they're in someone's else seat said parent will be told to gtf.

The only ones who'll be raging are those who need something to be raging about.

Good on them if they get through. No different from getting a lift over years ago.

My early days of going to Ibrox was a wee secret knock at an exit from my dad, with his mate (who was the steward) from the Masonic opening the door & letting us in

Back