Does it annoy you when parents let there kids through the turnstiles without a ticket?

Don’t quite get this point.
Try to not lose my uber staunch points but football is an entertainment not a necessity.
If people are struggling to make ends meet then this should be the first thing to go.

Arguably it should be, but when the costs of attending a football match are so extortionate I don't really see much wrong with sneaking in a young boy to sit on your lap.

Was lifted over for years by my dad and uncles.
Would be hypocritical of me to object to this practice.
There is a significant difference now to then …
Back then you stood on the terrace with no marked or actual seat.
Now a days you are taking someone else’s seat or squeezing into small space that becomes even smaller cos some wee scrote got in for free.
If it doesn’t impact anyone then I couldn’t give a stuff, but if I’m losing my seat then no thanks

If they're really young I don't see the problem as long as they ain't using someone else's seat, I'd be shifting them if they were on any of my seats.
Tbh I did it with my own laddie for his first few games back in 2010, he was only 4 and I wanted to make sure he was into it before getting him his season ticket.
Needless to say he's had a season ticket beside me in cr5 ever since.

Fucking ban them all, and take any MyGers points they have and put them up for auction!!

Nah, as long as it's not displacing paying supporters, I don't really mind.

But if a paying supporter turns up wanting their seat, you better move your sprog.

Shouldn't happen. There's an increased safety risk with fans sneaking in kids. If money is the issue then take the kids along to B team games and get them into the habit of going to matches regularly at a more affordable price. If its availability then unfortunately we've got a maximum capacity for a reason. How many extra would it take before it becomes an unacceptable safety risk?

Sit in the Copland front and seen it over the years, doesn't necessary bother me but seen a few bad mouthing it but I get that when kids get to a certain age they want to go to games and sadly with the support we have its hard to get a ticket near your season ticket seat, so can see why parents do it.
Got lifted over when young.Can’t complain about it tbh.
Different matter if some wee guy was sitting in my seat.Fucking launch him.

I’m guessing getting one together is the problem.
Aye fair point - I'm lucky that we've always had 2, getting to the point where I need a 3rd for the youngest one but don't want to give up what I think is the best seat in the house to do it.

Arguably it should be, but when the costs of attending a football match are so extortionate I don't really see much wrong with sneaking in a young boy to sit on your lap.
If the budget is so tight then perhaps they shouldn't be going to games, with or without kids.

Take them to the park for a kick about. That's free. Or, as a poster above suggested, get them to 'B' team or under 18's which should be less expensive. This gets them into the habit of going to games and hopefully to Ibrox when/if things improve. (As they will).
And give them a wee treat with the money saved.

No this thread is about you bubbling if kids get snuck into a few games.
That might be what you want it to be about. Maybe read the post again.

The thing you said about away games is laughable. If someone's in "my seat" at an away game I'll stand somewhere else, no problem. At a home game where the seats actually get used, surely you can see the issue?

Last edited:
That might be what you want it to be about. Maybe read the post again.

The thing you said about away games is laughable. If someone's in "my seat" at an away game I'll stand somewhere else, no problem. At a home game where the seats actually get used, surely you can see the issue?
Maybe you should read the OP again.

It isn’t about someone being in your seat, it’s about people sneaking their kids into games. Surely you can see this?

If the issue is kids taking someone else’s seat in Ibrox then that’s a different matter. The OP only mentioned getting them through the turnstiles.

Sit in the Copland front and seen it over the years, doesn't necessary bother me but seen a few bad mouthing it but I get that when kids get to a certain age they want to go to games and sadly with the support we have its hard to get a ticket near your season ticket seat, so can see why parents do it.
Yes - bunch of thieving pikey twats - stop robbing the club and pay your way.

The biggest losers in it all are the kids - they don’t learn about graft, delayed gratification and not getting something for nothing. Parents will wonder why they are lazy layabouts on benefits in 20 years time.

I don’t care, as long as the kid isn’t taking someone’s seat. There is a fair amount of hypocritical nonsense on this thread.

Maybe you should read the OP again.

It isn’t about someone being in your seat, it’s about people sneaking their kids into games. Surely you can see this?

If the issue is kids taking someone else’s seat in Ibrox then that’s a different matter. The OP only mentioned getting them through the turnstiles.
Personally I don't care about that as long as they aren't sharing a seat with someone. Not a fan of it when standing at home games either as most like to stay in their usual bit. Seems to happen a lot. Always feel like there are extra people on European nights.

OP didn't mention home/away or if they are in your seat or not. Suppose we can pick and choose. I just find space is already limited where I am and probably not alone. If it's a 3-4 year old sitting on their dad's knee I don't really care, but still rather not be next to them.

I sg
Was lifted over for years by my dad and uncles.
Would be hypocritical of me to object to this practice.
I agree to an extent as the same thing happened to me in the sixties. The difference is that, in those days, I was entering a terracing where there was usually plenty of space to stand without it impacting on others. Nowadays most of the seats are taken up by people who have actually paid. With that in mind it’s possibly not the same scenario so, maybe not quite so hypocritical.
A big problem in modern times is the behaviour of some people who just don’t give a flying f@@k how it might affect others.

Is the correct answer
Just because something happened to you when you were younger wouldn't make you a hypocrite for being against it when you are older

When I was 17 or 18 I had freinds who would drink and drive

They are now in their 40s, if you asked them "do you think people should drink and drive" they would ALL say definitely not, and that although they did it when they were younger they realise its the wrong thing to do

That doesn't make you a hypocrite

What would make you a hypocrite is saying drink driving is wrong and doing it that very day

People are able to mature, grow older, wiser and call out things in the past which were wrong without being a hypocrite

Otherwise you would say all vegetarians are hypocrits because they had chicken nuggets when they were a child

I still remember being taken to games when I was probably 3, 4 and 5 in the Main Stand and I was always lifted over back then in the ’50’s. Different nowadays, I know, but having a reasonably small child sitting on the knee will become the next generation to buy a season ticket. I have a season ticket and if I sometimes take the mrs, I have to buy 2 additional tickets to sit together and give up my season ticket seat, so I know how difficult it would be to purchase an extra ticket for a child. I guess most parents would have to plan well ahead to eventually buy a second seat next to mum or dad. Trying just to have a seat transfer is very difficult due to demand. So yeah, as a support we need to be a wee bit flexible and let the kiddies in, but once they start to grow, then 9 and 10 year olds and upwards need their own seat

Just because something happened to you when you were younger wouldn't make you a hypocrite for being against it when you are older

When I was 17 or 18 I had freinds who would drink and drive

They are now in their 40s, if you asked them "do you think people should drink and drive" they would ALL say definitely not, and that although they did it when they were younger they realise its the wrong thing to do

That doesn't make you a hypocrite

What would make you a hypocrite is saying drink driving is wrong and doing it that very day

People are able to mature, grow older, wiser and call out things in the past which were wrong without being a hypocrite

Otherwise you would say all vegetarians are hypocrits because they had chicken nuggets when they were a child
To be fair mate, we are talking about kids sneaking into the football, it’s hardly BarL material.

Depends on the age and size of the child I suppose,Not good if it’s abused my 6ft+ grandson knackered my knees last Saturday.

I’ve genuinely never witnessed it.

And I wouldn’t be bothered if I did.

Grown men doubling up isn’t on though…that’s arsehole behaviour.

Don't really care about "current climate" or being called a grass because someone who hasn't bought a ticket is making our section even more cramped than it already is. Explain why this should be the problem of someone who paid to get in? How is this any different from the wee neds doubling up or climbing the turnstile? It's not about the money, you can't just let any number of people in.
I'd rather them than you. You definitely say that's my seat at away games.

The only reasonable response for those caught doing this is to have the children marched around the track at half time, to be pelted with rotting fruit, and the parents to be shot round the back of the Copland. Harsh but fair imo.

The only reasonable response for those caught doing this is to have the children marched around the track at half time, to be pelted with rotting fruit, and the parents to be shot round the back of the Copland. Harsh but fair imo.
Ffs, why the Copland? Better setting the firing squad at the Govan, more space and a less classy clientele.

Tbh it shouldn’t bother anyone unless its affecting your view most children I’ve seen it done with are at An age they are sitting on parents knees probably why the stewards couldn’t care less

Each child that is lifted over stands a great chance of becoming a fan in adulthood, who will then probably purchase a season ticket and lift their own kids over as they did and the cycle continues.
It’s well worth turning a blind eye to from the club

Don't mind at all if a wee kid gets sneeked in, ffs were talking about wee toddlers and a wee bit upwards.

If supporters can't talk to each other & say 'no bother pal' or else naw cause I've got mobility issues or whatever, then the games a bogey.

If your talking about your 19 Yr old son then nah, piss off lmao.

I got lifted over for years, but can still remember the day, at about 14/15, asking a stranger, "can I get a lift over mister"?

" You look as if you could gie me a lift ower" was the answer.

I had to start paying in after that.

I'd rather them than you. You definitely say that's my seat at away games.

Maybe you missed my other post where I said I do the opposite of what you're accusing me of.

I don't care where I am standing at away games, and I don't mind moving a couple of seats in any game to let folk sit with their mates. I also wouldn't "grass" to a steward if I saw someone getting in for free.

Last edited:
Well they never specified and you're made out to be some kind of dickhead if you don't like having no space near your seat because of a bunch of freeloading twats.

Back