Does it annoy you when parents let there kids through the turnstiles without a ticket?

Now that, is absolute T@rrier behaviour

Pay your fucking way. It’s an all seater stadium for a reason. A rather big one, these scummy neds would do well to remember.

Sneaking kids in back in the day is one thing. But in the modern day after everything, nope. Again, pay your way
If “pay your way” is your argument here then what difference is there between back in the day and here and now?

In the bygone days of yore as a wee lad I'd squeeze in behind the guy in front. The ticket attendant didn't mind as he knew we didn't have any money to get in and that we'd become the paying customers of the future.

It is different now as Earth Worm Jim says. All seater stadiums and greater affluence mean this is no longer a safe option.

As long as the father, if sitting next door, didn't expect me to give up my seat so his son/daughter could use it. :mad:

I have 4 kids, 2 of whom have season tickets with me.
My youngest is 2 (doesn't have ST), I have purchased him tickets for friendlies etc.
I have flirted with the idea of taking him through the turnstile with me.
We sit in BF2 where everyone stands anyway so don't imagine it being much of an issue but it also does strike me as almost timmy like behaviour so I'm torn!

Not being funny, but whats the point? He's 2. He'll no more remember the experience of going to a football game as he'll remember what he had for lunch yesterday.

Not being funny, but whats the point? He's 2. He'll no more remember the experience of going to a football game as he'll remember what he had for lunch yesterday.
The point is it exposes them to the environment early, gets them used to the noise and big crowds from a young age, this repetition from so young then hopefully transkates into cementing their love of Rangers forever.

Sit in the Copland front and seen it over the years, doesn't necessary bother me but seen a few bad mouthing it but I get that when kids get to a certain age they want to go to games and sadly with the support we have its hard to get a ticket near your season ticket seat, so can see why parents do it.
When the games sold out it doesn’t bother me at all.

I guess it’s all fine and well until these youngsters are running onto the pitch and asking for a jersey, isn’t it? On the same level as that for me in terms of behavior as it’s stealing a seat from the club and a potential paying fan. Nobody is entitled to a free seat from the club. It’s only £11 for a kids ticket ffs.

Honestly anyone getting wound up about this needs to give themselves a shake. These are most likely to be the future of the rangers season ticket holders and lifeblood of the club
On the other hand they might be the future Euro Neds skipping in because 'its how they were brought up' and they don't see the need to pay.;):)

How do you get a kid in? I couldn't even get a bottle of water in today! £2.20 for a carton of water at the food kiosk. Total rip off Rangers

So it's not just the money, it's the fact that it makes the experience shite for nearby paying punters and is also a safety concern.
I see the point of it being a safety concern if a lot sneak in to a sell out fixture.
My point is that pay your way is hypocritical if you did the same as a child.
Safety is an altogether different issue, but you would be neeeding 40k freeloaders to get any where near the amount of folk that used to squeeze in there.
A couple of hundred kids sneaking is neither here nor there in reality

I saw a middle-aged man lifting his dad over the turnstile once.
Th5MPPT.gif

I can’t for the life of me understand why anyone thinks it’s okay to not pay in to a venue when everyone else has paid their hard earned money to be there?

Why do people think it’s okay to think they should get everything for free these days?

Embarrassing behaviour in all honesty, pay your money or watch it on the tv ffs.

If its sold outand somebody who has been taking his wean can't get a ticket for him doesn't bother me in the slightest it's the drunken arseholes who cause the problems and issues at the games not wee weans ffs

I hope you told them to shift their arse? Though that, of course, still restricts the space available to you and those around you. It was fine in the days of terracing, it just doesn't work these days.

I attempted to but the father got arsie and didn't want to cause a scene for his young son and also didn't want any trouble as he was about 4 times bigger than me .

Did speak to a steward and he said he wasn't going anywhere near him either

I attempted to but the father got arsie and didn't want to cause a scene for his young son and also didn't want any trouble as he was about 4 times bigger than me .

Did speak to a steward and he said he wasn't going anywhere near him either
Too much of that going on. Rangers own the bloody company that do our Stewarding. If they are not doing their jobs then they need called out for it. The guy might be getting paid minimum wage but he's there to do his job. Poor @Greg Marshall gets tagged endlessly on here but that genuinely is one that I would think falls into his remit.

Last edited:
Sit in the Copland front and seen it over the years, doesn't necessary bother me but seen a few bad mouthing it but I get that when kids get to a certain age they want to go to games and sadly with the support we have its hard to get a ticket near your season ticket seat, so can see why parents do it.

Where do they sit? There’s not many empty seats these days.

Not really bothered TBH as long as the child behaves
Couple near me on Tuesday brought in two under 5’s. Crazy

I hope you told them to shift their arse? Though that, of course, still restricts the space available to you and those around you. It was fine in the days of terracing, it just doesn't work these days.
This is correct, there was a time when it was the done thing and nobody needed to bother as the terrace or bench had plenty room for it.

Back