Does Jason Holt have any future with us?

I like his energy when he's on the pitch but he's clearly nowhere near the level of Jack or Dorrans so he should be a squad option at best and if he's not happy with that he should leave.

It's not a case of not being good enough it's the expectation level at the club where the players are expected to win week in week out that just proved too much for some players.

For example a striker at rangers is expected to score near enough every week and if he goes two games without a goal he's deemed by many that there not good enough they need dropped. Whereas at clubs with lower expectation levels they can get away with a couple of game goal drought as they say

I expect Holt to be used in part exchange for Walker or McLean in the January window. Good honest pro, great attitude and work ethic, but not good enough to get in front of Jack, Rossiter, Dorrans or Pena. Would go with Barjonas to replace any gap in the squad that Holt leaves if or when he goes.

I forgot he was even here, he is a long way down the pecking order.

Will probably move on in January for his own good

Great wee player for us in the Championship, unfortunately don't see him in first team plans now.

I'd think Jack,Rossiter,Dorrans,Pena and maybe even Krancjar and Barjonas should play before him.
I wish him well,but he needs to go and play somewhere else.

I liked Holt when he first came to us, but feel he is too lightweight and doesn't offer much of a goal threat.
I think his days are numbered but can imagine he puts the effort in in training with PC likes but that only takes you so far.

Actually forgot he was still with us, very much doubt he will be a first pick unless he bucks his ideas up

The lad done well enough for us in the championship but he will struggle to get a foothold in this team unless there are significant injuries.

Wish him all the very best wherever he goes though as the lad never hides.

I doubt it. Always support the team playing but I was never sure exactly what he did even when many were raving about his penetrating runs and finding space in Warburton's first season. I just never saw him getting much of the ball and he never scored that many for a player whose game was meant to be about that. Allegedly he committed defenders with the runs but I was never very sure about that either.

I wonder how many of the folk who used to go on about that are big fans of Pena whose runs do seem to find incredible space. I suspect it's more likely that they are on the other side of that debate.

Holt is a trier but he's just too lightweight and not quite skilful enough to compensate. He may do a job off the bench sometimes and I have no great dislike of him but he's well down the pecking order and deservingly so

I expect Holt to be used in part exchange for Walker or McLean in the January window. Good honest pro, great attitude and work ethic, but not good enough to get in front of Jack, Rossiter, Dorrans or Pena. Would go with Barjonas to replace any gap in the squad that Holt leaves if or when he goes.
Agree with that completely. Really like the look of Barjonas last season.

I think he's effectively a back up squad player now it's a shame he looked very good in the Championship but never took that form into the top flight. His work rate is his biggest asset if he moves on in January i wish him all the very best.

No.

Effective player for a team who doesn't need to win every week. A Hearts for example.

Really like Jason, and he'll go with well wishes.

Sadly I think Jason's best days are behind him. Its time to say thank you and all the best at your new club.

Caixinha seemed to like his work rate at the end of season when options were scarce but obviously feels he doesn't have the quality required which is true.

He will have 1 decent game in 5 games which is not good enough for a world class football club like us. He should be dropped down to the bench or even reserves. Player like Ryan Jack, Morelos and Alves, Cardoso and Candias perform week in week out while players like Miller, Kranjcar and Tav have 1 good game in 4 games that's the problem they need to be dropped to improve their performance.

Back